What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

It is not clear right now. Even it is, its missing in the list.

Akıncı is a hale which is planned to fly for the first time this year from Bayraktar company.

ANKA-II is the twin engine version of ordinary Anka with higher takeoff weight. TAI's hale will be produced which I am writing based on production timelines published by the company at the past. (TAI advanced UAV) But I do not know when does it start.

Akıncı is a hale which is planned to fly for the first time this year from Bayraktar company.

ANKA-II is the twin engine version of ordinary Anka with higher takeoff weight. TAI's hale will be produced which I am writing based on production timelines published by the company at the past. (TAI advanced UAV) But I do not know when does it start.

Why not bundle the resources together (TAI/Bayraktar) to work on one HALE?

a healty competition is almost always fruitful and so far it is working quite fine though BAYKAR have some really unorthodox designs :devil: ( BAYKAR defintly have political support but TAI is too big to fail as well)

Last edited:

TAI , Baykar , Aselsan and TEI can bundle the resources together to work on stealth UCAV with Turbofan Engine

3,5-4 tons MTOW
1.000 kg payload
Aselsan GaN based AESA Radar ( ( air search , Synthetic Aperture , weather )
Artificial Intelligence Algorithms
Aselsan Electronic Data Gathering ( ELINT / COMINT )
SATCOM with Turksat-6A Communication Satellite ( thousands of km Combat Radius )
TEI Turbofan Engine
Speed of mach 0,8
40.000 feet altitude
Air to Air Missiles
SOM-J Network enabled Cruise Missile ( 4m - 500kg , range of 280km , land attack-anti ship capability )
Strategic strike , SEAD/DEAD role

MIUS UCAV concept designs
baykar-mius-a.jpg

baykar-mius-b.jpg

Last edited:
I will try to shed some light into the issue.

TAI’s Anka-2 is not a completely new drone. It is basically Anka with a few major modifications. Meaning that TAI spent very few resources to develop Anka-2. If I were to guess, TAI spent roughly 30% effort and money compared to developing the drone from zero when developing Anka-2.

In other words, Anka-2 is basically a bonus that came with developing the Anka.

Akinci, on the other hand, is a completely new drone. It has completely different specs compared to Anka-2 and the two should not be compared. Comparing Anka-2 to Akinci is like comparing Bayraktar TB2 to Anka.

Last edited:
I will try to shed some light into the issue.

TAI’s Anka-2 is not a completely new drone. It is basically Anka with a few major modifications. Meaning that TAI spent very few resources to develop Anka-2. If I were to guess, TAI spent roughly 30% effort and money compared to developing the drone from zero when developing Anka-2.

In other words, Anka-2 is basically a bonus that came with developing the Anka.

Akinci, on the other hand, is a completely new drone. It has completely different specs compared to Anka-2 and the two should not be compared. Comparing Anka-2 to Akinci is like comparing Bayraktar TB2 to Anka.

I don't comparing anything. TAI has more experience than Bayraktar. So, why not a joint venture.

I don't comparing anything. TAI has more experience than Bayraktar. So, why not a joint venture.

Maybe because TAI needs some competition to work effectively?

Fixed wing loitering munition is an stm company only product now. It has been passed almost a year since our lovely SSB president announced that it is ready for serial production. No competition = relaxing.

Maybe because TAI needs some competition to work effectively?

Fixed wing loitering munition is an stm company only product now. It has been passed almost a year since our lovely SSB president announced that it is ready for serial production. No competition = relaxing.

As I prefer competition, but joint ventures are not always an opposition on that. Sometimes it is better to have a huge company with heavy recourses than a small one with less recourses.

Then why are you suggesting the two companies work on one HALE if you dont think they are working on 2 similar projects?

My point is a joint ventures of both companies in this one project.

My point is a joint ventures of both companies in this one project.

maybe but I dont know what tai could get from bayraktar? tai has more expirience more menpower than bayraktar

bayraktars power is that they are small they focus on only their uav and are not bind to a large company and the ties and fixed company systems in bureaucracy and management..

we are talking about tai with 4500 ppl and baykar with about 150..

I think its actually ok how it is.. we should strengthen the turkey gmbh in wich companies help each other or better lets say use each others products as much as possible.. like engines transmissions, avionics or other stuff :)

maybe but I dont know what tai could get from bayraktar? tai has more expirience more menpower than bayraktar

bayraktars power is that they are small they focus on only their uav and are not bind to a large company and the ties and fixed company systems in bureaucracy and management..

we are talking about tai with 4500 ppl and baykar with about 150..

I think its actually ok how it is.. we should strengthen the turkey gmbh in wich companies help each other or better lets say use each others products as much as possible.. like engines transmissions, avionics or other stuff :)

Of course, but if you remember Baykar UAV than we can say they have some talented engineers with some experience.

Back
Top Bottom