What's new

Turkish Space Programs

ojoEXm.jpg

We discussed it in this and IDEF 2017 topic and agreed to say "assistance", for the fuel I posted the source.
I'm not able to find the posts in neither this thread or the IDEF 2017 thread. Can you provide a link?

I'm not able to find the posts in neither this thread or the IDEF 2017 thread. Can you provide a link?

Please follow the posts of bubblegum crise, after there was many oppossition against my "word" TOT I used, I said
" lets agree on assistance". Indeed cooperation on assistance basis is not TOT it is assistance or coop.
TOT is afaik on licence base.
But we are all not law experts , we are hobby defence enthusiasts with a limited or common sense and universal knowledge.
Otherwise we had to be directly involved in the projects. Then we couldn't discuss cause most is classified. So we must trust open sources or what we hear from trustable sources.

Please follow the posts of bubblegum crise, after there was many oppossition against my "word" TOT I used, I said
" lets agree on assistance". Indeed cooperation on assistance basis is not TOT it is assistance or coop.
TOT is afaik on licence base.
But we are all not law experts , we are hobby defence enthusiasts with a limited or common sense and universal knowledge.
Otherwise we had to be directly involved in the projects. Then we couldn't discuss cause most is classified. So we must trust open sources or what we hear from trustable sources.
Yeah, I read those posts, and that was the reason why I asked the source to begin with. I thought you were referring to a different set of posts when you replied to me. So I'm guessing you were just speculating there then. Which is fine. But for the next time, just say that it is your opinion or speculation or something, then I won't bother you for a source.

I do not think there is any need for the development of rocket fuel from another country. This is largely within the reach of Turkey. It has other elements infinitely more critical and complex to develop who undoubtedly need assistance.

Already mastered the manufacture for fuel missile projects, liquide or Solid-propellant (Air-to-Air Missile, cruise missile).

Türkiye’nin İlk Yerli Füze Yakıtı TÜBİTAK UME’den (Tubitak - 23.09.2013)

Last edited:
I do not think there is any need for the development of rocket fuel from another country. This is largely within the reach of Turkey. It has other elements infinitely more critical and complex to develop who undoubtedly need assistance.

Thank you sir

I do not think there is any need for the development of rocket fuel from another country.

Agree, specially when the most effecient and lastest tech rockets use just Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxygen as a rocket fuel o_O I remember that our primary school teacher demonstrated H2+O reaction in our class years ago :lol:

Agree, specially when the most effecient and lastest tech rockets use just Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxygen as a rocket fuel o_O I remember that our primary school teacher demonstrated H2+O reaction in our class years ago :lol:

I linked it we produce almost 40 ton p.a. rocket fuel

I can see 7 combustion chambers in first stage !

& I can't see the kick stage ...

For me this is a conceptual design :unsure:

Possible TOT from SK and Ukraine ...

& remember ... Developing this liquid fuel rocket will take so much time ...

It's all about testing & experience ... & we know Turkey is still a beginner in this field ...

So at least 10 years from blueprints to prototype !

And if you get unlucky and failures happen ... Add another 5 years :|

So there is a long way to go ... But the result will be success for sure !

Good luck :)

Can someone estimate the payload capacity of this based on these pictures please

Very difficult. But we won't launch micro satellites but real big satellites. We could compare it then with KSLV-II.
It looks like KSLV-II and payload could be three ton satellite into geo-stationary transfer orbit or a 10 ton satellite into low earth orbit .My own speculations reffering globalsecurity.
It is obvious that we cooperate with South Korea, two years ago a
Turkish Minister talked about possible Mars mission and Space Shuttle. Do you remember ?
So it is absolute right that me and @Bubblegum Crisis think that we are assisted from Korea and follow their path. Korea works on KSIV-III ( Mars Mission).

On the other side politicians are most lyers and can talk much BS, the minister also talked about a Turkish Space Shuttle.How could we do that ? Only with SNC - USA ( frozen TR-Jet partner .

That's rational decision and opinion from my side. How should it be otherwise be realized ?

@TheMightyBender

Last edited:
Can someone estimate the payload capacity of this based on these pictures please

I can't calculate if I don't have dimensions ...

But looks like a polar space launch system with 1000 to 1500 kg payload capacity .

Probably ~3m or more in diameter & about ~40 m total length !

Which is close to Chinese CZ-2D

It is not possible to exactly know it since we dont know the fuel type, we dont even know the scale of this pictures or diameter/lenght of the rocket.

But lets assume that Lq Hyd and Lqd Ox. will be used as a fuel. diameter/lenght ratio is close to 12 according to picture;

cd5cGBb.png

SpaceX's Falcon-9 Rocket's same lenght/diameter ratio is 19.13. So i assume Roketsan's rocket's lenght will be smaller than 60meter. Lets assume it's 60 meter, it means diameter would be 5 meter. I will demonstrate this in KSP's RSS mod;

waXdF6A.jpg

IF the lenght of the rocket is 60m, IF Rocketsan's picture is the final desing, IF rocket will use Liquid Hydrogen+Oxygen as a fuel (none of these are known), rocket could have 10500 deltaV (could reach LEO) with 5tonnes payload.

Last edited:

But looks like a polar space launch system with 1000 to 1500 kg payload capacity .

in my oppinion its the same dimensions like Göktürk-1 ~4m
-> ~l=28m

Very difficult. But we won't launch micro satellites but real big satellites. We could compare it then with KSLV-II.
It looks like KSLV-II and payload could be three ton satellite into geo-stationary transfer orbit or a 10 ton satellite into low earth orbit .My own speculations reffering globalsecurity.
It is obvious that we cooperate with South Korea, two years ago a
Turkish Minister talked about possible Mars mission and Space Shuttle. Do you remember ?
So it is absolute right that me and @Bubblegum Crisis think that we are assisted from Korea and follow their path. Korea works on KSIV-III ( Mars Mission).

On the other side politicians are most lyers and can talk much BS, the minister also talked about a Turkish Space Shuttle.How could we do that ? Only with SNC - USA ( frozen TR-Jet partner .

That's rational decision and opinion from my side. How should it be otherwise be realized ?

@TheMightyBender

It is not possible to exactly know it since we dont know the fuel type, we dont even know the scale of this pictures or diameter/lenght of the rocket.

But lets assume that Lq Hyd and Lqd Ox. will be used as a fuel. diameter/lenght ratio is close to 12 according to picture;

cd5cGBb.png

SpaceX's Falcon-9 Rocket's same lenght/diameter ratio is 19.13. So i assume Roketsan's rocket's lenght will be smaller than 60meter. Lets assume it's 60 meter, it means diameter would be 5 meter. I will demonstrate this in KSP's RSS mod;

waXdF6A.jpg

IF the lenght of the rocket is 60m, IF Rocketsan's picture is the final desing, IF rocket will use Liquid Hydrogen+Oxygen as a fuel (none of these are known), rocket could have 10500 deltaV (could reach LEO) with 5tonnes payload.
Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom