What's new

Turkish Space Programs

Is this 2.5 m ?In my opinion not 2.5 m.Because Spot-5 photos are better than Gokturk 2 ?? And these photos screenshot from 480p video,bad quality.

maybe they dont want to show the quality of the camera?

Don't forget, it is a spy satellite controlled by TurAF, that's why I don't think that is the real resolution of camera.

These pics are just here to say "No problem guys, everything is on the right track".

nice pictures, and I'd expect the TurAF to only release semi-good pictures to the public.

Milletimize hayirli ugurlu olsun :)

GOKTURK's FIRST OFFICIAL PICTURES MADE PUBLIC
163480.jpg

-
163479.jpg

-
163478.jpg

-
163472.jpg

http://www.bursadabugun.com/video/gokturk-2-den-ilk-goruntuler-geldi-2541.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkish plans for domestic SLV:

Turkey's first high-resolution observation satellite sends first images

Turkish Science, Industry and Technology Minister Nihat Ergün told members of the press on Tuesday that the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) started receiving clear images from Turkey's first domestically made high-resolution observation satellite, Gokturk-2, 10 days ago.

Ergün said the first images were from Turkey's Antalya province and New Zealand's Auckland region.

He said the satellite had been passing over Turkey four times a day and during those passages images could be obtained from every part of the country. The images would be used mostly by Turkish Air Force Command, Ergün added.

Göktürk-2 is Turkey's first national high-resolution optical observation satellite and was produced by TÜBİTAK and the Turkish Aerospace Industry Corp. (TUSAŞ). According to a written statement from TÜBİTAK, the satellite will operate from approximately 686 kilometers above the Earth. The first images from the satellite should be received between Dec. 25 and 30.
After Göktürk-2 was launched into space from China in December 2012, a TÜBİTAK official stated that Turkey will complete its own satellite launching station in the next 10 years.

Turkey is among 25 satellite manufacturing countries and TÜBİTAK is working cooperatively with several other government institutions to construct the domestic satellite launching station.

For the last time I say this my brothers: skrew SLVs.

If we can economically profit from them then go ahead and develop them, have profit. But it's only an economical question. SLVs have no military uses and i strongly oppose wasting R&D money for them just not to fall back in the global urine race.

For the last time I say this my brothers: skrew SLVs.

If we can economically profit from them then go ahead and develop them, have profit. But it's only an economical question. SLVs have no military uses and i strongly oppose wasting R&D money for them just not to fall back in the global urine race.
SLV business is full profit.
France used to charge over $100 million for a 500 kg/1000 km launch. China charged Turkey $ 20 million.
My estimate for the price of each SLV unit is about 100000$.

SLV business is full profit.
France used to charge over $100 million for a 500 kg/1000 km launch. China charged Turkey $ 20 million.
My estimate for the price of each SLV unit is about 100000$.
100.000 for what size? You can't invest depending on this information. Have to consider lots of other variables, most importantly the R&D costs.

Anyway, my point is that Turkey's ability(or inability) to build an SLV doesn't even remotely concern the armed forces. It doesn't matter as long as we can get our satellites operational.

Wouldn't a SLV also mean that Turkey would have the technology for a ICBM? It will, so i don't see any harm. I heard that Turkey might work with a ex-soviet state for the tech. Maybe Ukraine. They have the zenit-2.

Wouldn't a SLV also mean that Turkey would have the technology for a ICBM? It will, so i don't see any harm. I heard that Turkey might work with a ex-soviet state for the tech. Maybe Ukraine. They have the zenit-2.

so what? no ICBM was ever fired in human history. What doesn't give me operational capabilities is no weapon. ICBMs are piles of metal and rocket fuel as far as I'm concerned.

We've got operational needs. Like heavy lift helicopters, air-defence systems or even more luxurious stuff like artillery munitions that can be laser-guided. We have real needs!

Back
Top Bottom