What's new

Turkish ramjet aam

At-least, share the reason for Turkish Ramjet AAM news in this section. Otherwise, thread would have been simply moved to Turkish Defence Section.

Can Turkish weapons be integrated in JF-17? Turkish weapons are usually NATO standard meanwhile JF-17 is probably not so are they compatible or made to? (I deliberately skip F16 here as it's a useless debate).

Can Turkish weapons be integrated in JF-17? Turkish weapons are usually NATO standard meanwhile JF-17 is probably not so are they compatible or made to? (I deliberately skip F16 here as it's a useless debate).
Perhaps the missile can be sold to Pakistan without the certain components, so that Pakistan could produce its own key components (or borrow components from the PL-15) that would allow it to be intercepted into the Chinese radars on the JF-17 and possibly J-10.

Pakistan should consider doing the same turkey’s other missiles if their performances are promising.

Last edited:
Perhaps the missile can be sold to Pakistan without the certain components, so that Pakistan could produce its own key components (or borrow components from the PL-15) that would allow it to be intercepted into the Chinese radars on the JF-17 and possibly J-10.

I asked because Gokhan is compatible to MIL-STD-1760 data-bus which is used by JF-17. Regarding PL-15, If I am not wrong it's Pulsed rocket tech while gokhan is ram jet and both are different with their own advantages and disadvantages but they are different and this Gokhan is more like meteor missile (can someone share a comparison please) so again can it be integrated on JF-17 as bus architecture is not the only thing, and also there should be a definite need required before doing all this. So is there any need? Is it possible to integrate? What advantages it brings to PAF? These can be discussed here in details.

I asked because Gokhan is compatible to MIL-STD-1760 data-bus which is used by JF-17. Regarding PL-15, If I am not wrong it's Pulsed rocket tech while gokhan is ram jet and both are different with their own advantages and disadvantages but they are different and this Gokhan is more like meteor missile (can someone share a comparison please) so again can it be integrated on JF-17 as bus architecture is not the only thing, and also there should be a definite need required before doing all this. So is there any need? Is it possible to integrate? What advantages it brings to PAF? These can be discussed here in details.

I’m only speaking of the components, which require sharing source codes, to link the airplane’s radar with the missile. As neither side will want to share source codes, for obvious reasons. The rest of the missile should remain the same.

Down the line, if Project AZM turns out to be the T-FX, it can go the other way around with the PL-15 integrated with necessary Turkish components if needed.

Probably your Turkish friends should develop this thing first! :azn:

Back
Top Bottom