• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're asking me ? Ask Erdogan.Btw,you gave me some Gulen quotes,do you know some of Erdogan ?
You are the one bringing religion in this so im asking why.

And yes i know some of his quotes, the famous one he has been jailed for, but there are also such as those.

In his Egypt visit after morsi won:

Appearing on Egyptian television, Erdogan said, “a secular state does not mean that the people are atheists, it means respect for all religions and each individual has the freedom to practice his own religion.”

“Ninety-nine percent of the population in Turkey are Muslims. There are Christians, Jews and minorities, but the state treats them equally. This is recognized by Islam and has been true throughout Islamic history,” he said.

About Parliament Speakers call to drop secularism from constitution.

He stressed that secularism was the idea that the state maintained “an equal distance from all belief groups,” and suggested that debates on the issue only distracted the country’s agenda.

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced Wednesday a nationwide three-month state of emergency after Friday's failed coup that killed 246 people and injured over 1,500 others.

After back-to-back National Security Council and Cabinet meetings, Erdoğan announced that a state of emergency was being declared under Article 120 of the Turkish Constitution.

He underlined that the move aimed at combatting the growing terror threat in the country was fully in line with the constitution and did not violate the rule of law or basic freedoms of Turkish citizens.

Under Article 120, in the event of serious indications of widespread acts of violence aimed at the destruction of the free democratic order, a state of emergency may be declared in one or more regions or throughout the country for a period not to exceed six months.

Speaking words of reassurance to the Turkish people, Erdoğan said: "Never be worried. There is nothing to worry about."

He said "it is out of the question" for the armed forces to seize power. "Quite the reverse, the authority and will of the [civilian] leaders will grow more in this process."

Erdoğan vowed that democracy and the rule of law would not be compromised throughout this state.

"We have never made compromises on democracy. And we will never make them," he said sternly.

Making his announcement in a live television broadcast in front of government ministers after a meeting of the National Security Council in Ankara that lasted nearly five hours, Erdoğan said: "The purpose of the state of emergency is to most effectively and swiftly take steps necessary to eliminate the threat to democracy in our country, the rule of law, and the rights and freedom of our citizens."

The announcement comes after Erdoğan suggested in an interview with the Qatar-based Al-Jazeera TV network that coup plotters might still be active in the weeks ahead.

"I don't think we have come to the end of it yet," he had said.

The state of emergency, which comes into force after it is published in Turkey's official gazette, will allow the president and cabinet to bypass parliament in passing new laws and to limit rights and freedoms as they deem necessary.

Erdoğan also said governors would receive increased powers under the state of emergency, adding that the Turkish armed forces would work in line with government orders.

"Europe does not have the right to criticize this decision," Erdoğan added.

Early Wednesday S&P decreased Turkey's foreign currency rating to BB from BB-plus with negative outlook.

On the matter Erdoğan said: "S&P's decision to downgrade Turkey's note does not reflect the reality about Turkey's economy, it's a political move."

On July 15, a small military junta linked to the Gülenist Terror Organization (FETÖ) attempted to topple the democratically elected government in Turkey and bring martial law. The attempt was prevented by military troops loyal to the government, along with police units and millions of Turkish citizens in favor of democracy. 246 people, consisting of mostly civilians, have been killed by pro-coup soldiers, while over 1,500 people were injured. Turkey's opposition parties have united against the coup attempt, condemning it in the harshest terms and underscoring their determination to preserve democracy and the rule of law in Turkey.

source: http://www.dailysabah.com/war-on-te...declared-in-turkey-after-failed-gulenist-coup

---------------------------------------------

This is a sad day, martial law was declared to bypass the parliament all other excuses are just a theatrical act.

Could be...the decadent West is always out to hurt Turkey.Rest assure,Putin will help you.
Almost all of the Turkish channels are portraying US as enemy....and behind Gulenists...interesting days lies ahead.

Almost all of the Turkish channels are portraying US as enemy....and behind Gulenists...interesting days lies ahead.

You know Sinan,I used to respect you...I don't know if it's the media but my Turk friends,with Romanian citizenship,are all appaled with Turkey right now.Now,I'm proud of them.....but what happened to you guys ?

You know Sinan,I used to respect you...I don't know if it's the media but my Turk friends,with Romanian citizenship,are all appaled with Turkey right now.Now,I'm proud of them.....but what happened to you guys ?
You will hardly find any Turk supporting coups and even less when its coming from a sect leader.
You are the ones being fed with selected news, how is it possible that Tanks running over people hardly gets any attention in western media?

How is it possible that US is harboring someone who admitted that hes infiltrating a secular countrys institutions with his sect members?

iends
You will hardly find any Turk supporting coups and even less when its coming from a sect leader.
You are the ones being fed with selected news, how is it possible that Tanks running over people hardly gets any attention in western media?

How is it possible that US is harboring someone who admitted that hes infiltrating a secular countrys institutions with his sect members?

Ok,I know exactly 4 Turks in here who were dissapointed.2 of them woke me woke up on friday night ,screaming on my phone "Costine....they're going to kill that SOB...fINALLY !"

Ok,I know exactly 4 Turks in here who were dissapointed.2 of them woke me woke up on friday night ,screaming on my phone "Costine....they're going to kill that SOB...fINALLY !"
You said they have Romanian citizenship so im assuming they are Turkish minority there and never seen what a coup can do in Turkey.
Erdogan dying in the hands of those people means total chaos in Turkey and possibly a civil war, and Gülen finally controlling Turkey and bringing sharia, anyone wishing this is the real SOB in my eyes.

Result of 1980 coup:

• 650,000 people were under arrest.
  • 1,683,000 people were blacklisted.
  • 230,000 people were tried in 210,000 lawsuits.
  • 7,000 people were recommended for the death penalty.
  • 517 persons were sentenced to death.
  • 50 of those given the death penalty were executed (26 political prisoners, 23 criminal offenders and 1 ASALA militant).
  • The files of 259 people, which had been recommended for the death penalty, were sent to the National Assembly.
  • 71,000 people were tried by articles 141, 142 and 163 of Turkish Penal Code.
  • 98,404 people were tried on charges of being members of a leftist, a rightist, a nationalist, a conservative, etc. organization.
  • 388,000 people were denied a passport.
  • 30,000 people were dismissed from their firms because they were suspects.
  • 14,000 people had their citizenship revoked.
  • 30,000 people went abroad as political refugees.
  • 300 people died in a suspicious manner.
  • 171 people died by reason of torture.
  • 937 films were banned because they were found objectionable.
  • 23,677 associations had their activities stopped.
  • 3,854 teachers, 120 lecturers and 47 judges were dismissed.
  • 400 journalists were recommended a total of 4,000 years imprisonment.
  • Journalists were sentenced 3,315 years and 6 months imprisonment.
  • 31 journalists went to jail.
  • 300 journalists were attacked.
  • 3 journalists were shot dead.
  • 300 days in which newspapers were not published.
  • 303 cases were opened for 13 major newspapers.
  • 39 tonnes of newspapers and magazines were destroyed.
  • 299 people lost their lives in prison.
  • 144 people died in a suspicious manner in prison.
  • 14 people died in hunger strikes in prison.
  • 16 people were shot while fleeing.
  • 95 people were killed in combat.
  • "Natural death report" for 73 persons was given.
  • The cause of death of 43 people was announced as "suicide".

You said they have Romanian citizenship so im assuming they are Turkish minority there and never seen what a coup can do in Turkey.
Erdogan dying in the hands of those people means total chaos in Turkey and possibly a civil war, and Gülen finally controlling Turkey and bringing sharia, anyone wishing this is the real SOB in my eyes.

Result of 1980 coup:

• 650,000 people were under arrest.
  • 1,683,000 people were blacklisted.
  • 230,000 people were tried in 210,000 lawsuits.
  • 7,000 people were recommended for the death penalty.
  • 517 persons were sentenced to death.
  • 50 of those given the death penalty were executed (26 political prisoners, 23 criminal offenders and 1 ASALA militant).
  • The files of 259 people, which had been recommended for the death penalty, were sent to the National Assembly.
  • 71,000 people were tried by articles 141, 142 and 163 of Turkish Penal Code.
  • 98,404 people were tried on charges of being members of a leftist, a rightist, a nationalist, a conservative, etc. organization.
  • 388,000 people were denied a passport.
  • 30,000 people were dismissed from their firms because they were suspects.
  • 14,000 people had their citizenship revoked.
  • 30,000 people went abroad as political refugees.
  • 300 people died in a suspicious manner.
  • 171 people died by reason of torture.
  • 937 films were banned because they were found objectionable.
  • 23,677 associations had their activities stopped.
  • 3,854 teachers, 120 lecturers and 47 judges were dismissed.
  • 400 journalists were recommended a total of 4,000 years imprisonment.
  • Journalists were sentenced 3,315 years and 6 months imprisonment.
  • 31 journalists went to jail.
  • 300 journalists were attacked.
  • 3 journalists were shot dead.
  • 300 days in which newspapers were not published.
  • 303 cases were opened for 13 major newspapers.
  • 39 tonnes of newspapers and magazines were destroyed.
  • 299 people lost their lives in prison.
  • 144 people died in a suspicious manner in prison.
  • 14 people died in hunger strikes in prison.
  • 16 people were shot while fleeing.
  • 95 people were killed in combat.
  • "Natural death report" for 73 persons was given.
  • The cause of death of 43 people was announced as "suicide".

They do have families in Turkey(which I've met).One of them,and I might be overstepping right now is a leader of a Romanian ultranationalist party organisation.

They do have families in Turkey(which I've met).One of them,and I might be overstepping right now is a leader of a Romanian ultranationalist party organisation.
Turks from all fractions went to the streets on friday night because they knew what was coming, not only conservatives, you guys are really overly hysterical when it comes to Islam but one thing is sure Turks are satisfied with the current secular system.

Thats what Sinan has observed in Ankara.

Yesterday night, i stopped by Güven Park in Kızılay/Ankara.

There were religious people, ordinary people, a motorcycle group full of tattoos, a group drinking beer, a group with tight jeans & shirts, ülkücü guys waving the wolf sign, men, women, children, old, young. Everybody was polite to each other and happy. At one point everybody was singing "Ölürüm Türkiyem" (I will die for you, my Turkey).

It felt so good to see everyone united.

Turks from all fractions went to the streets on friday night because they knew what was coming, not only conservatives, you guys are really overly hysterical when it comes to Islam but one thing is sure Turks are satisfied with the current secular system.

Thats what Sinan has observed in Ankara.

That's nice....but in my group of friends....i saw desilusion....I grew up in Constanta,with many Turk friends,and they're not happy.Also,to be noted ,they think the gulen thing is crap and that kemalists are being crushed.

They are.You don't decide that.Well;;,1 is Tatar.
Okay, this discussion is prolonged long enough....

- You won't find a single Turk within PDF whom agrees with the coup
- You won't find a single Turk within PDF whom disagrees with purge of gülenists from the state institutions.
- You won't find a single Turk within PDF whom thinks that Turkey will transformed into an Islamic Republic.

......and we don't care your opinion.

That's nice....but in my group of friends....i saw desilusion....I grew up in Constanta,with many Turk friends,and they're not happy.Also,to be noted ,they think the gulen thing is crap and that kemalists are being crushed.
You guys cant read the analysis being done in Turkish media regarding Gülen so you just know what you are being served, Gülen by no means is crap but the biggest threat to secular Turkey, im reading mostly one of the biggest goverment critical news papers and what i have seen was shocking, they quoted news articles from 80's exactly matching with the current events, anyone not having a deep insight into Turkish media cant even imagine the magnitude of Gülen threat.

Back
Top Bottom