What's new

Turkish parliamentarians agree to form Kashmir committee

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
466286_4373407_updates.jpg

On the proposal of President Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Barrister Sultan Mahmood Chaudhry, the Turkish parliamentarians of the ruling party have agreed in principle to form a Kashmir Committee and present a resolution in favour of Kashmiris in the Turkish parliament.

The announcement was made on Friday during an extraordinary meeting between Ali Shahin, a member of Turkiye's ruling party AJK President Sultan Mehmood.

The Turkish MP also hosted a dinner at the Parliament House in honour of the Barrister Sultan Mahmood Chaudhry.

Later, the AJK president held a detailed meeting with Turkish MPs, which took place in the Turkish Parliament.

The meeting was attended by Turkish Member of Parliament and Deputy Chairperson AK Party and Chairperson Foreign Affairs Committee Efkan ALA, Ahmet Yildiz, Ephif Demir Kiran, Fevezi Sanverdi, Memet Aslan and Ibrahim Anoor and others.

Speaking on the occasion, Barrister Chaudhry said, "We are very grateful to the ruling party of Türkiye, especially Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan for openly supporting the Kashmir cause".

He expressed the hope that the Turkish government would further intensify its efforts to raise the voice in favour of the Kashmiri people at every important forum.

Referring to the worsening political and human rights situation in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK), he said that since Indian atrocities in occupied Kashmir were on the rise there was an urgent need to galvanise international support to seek an immediate end to the vicious cycle of violence and continued bloodshed in the region.

Barrister Chaudhry further said that the principled decision of the formation of the Kashmir Committee in the Turkish parliament was a positive development that would go a long way to promote the Kashmir cause effectively.

Meanwhile, the AJK president after completing his visit to Ankara left for the UK.

Turkey, the last of diplomatic support we are left with on Kashmir.

If things go on a trajectory they're going on rn, i'd give it a maximum of 10 years before Turks see no point in doing so and it'll fizzle out just like Saudis/RestOfArabs did.

If things go on a trajectory they're going on rn, i'd give it a maximum of 10 years before Turks see no point in doing so and it'll fizzle out just like Saudis/RestOfArabs did.

The Arabs stopped because the Indians became relevant economically. They have the Emirates by their balls as more than half of the population is Indian and the Saudis on the other hand have a big share of oil export. I remember when King Abdullah visited India he told them that it was his second home.

Turkey will always be our natural ally. There is a unique bond whether it is because of us helping them in the war of independence or due to similar geographical landscape where all neighbours of both countries are looking to disintegrate us. The Turks are not like Arabs They are proud, resilient and cultured. They have history. They will do everything opposite of Arabs. There is bad blood and they will never forget the Arabs joining hands with Lawrence of Arabia to kick Ottomans out and destroying the Hijaz railway.

The Arabs stopped because the Indians became relevant economically. They have the Emirates by their balls as more than half of the population is Indian and the Saudis on the other hand have a big share of oil export. I remember when King Abdullah visited India he told them that it was his second home.

Turkey will always be our natural ally. There is a unique bond whether it is because of us helping them in the war of independence or due to similar geographical landscape where all neighbours of both countries are looking to disintegrate us. The Turks are not like Arabs They are proud, resilient and cultured. They have history. They will do everything opposite of Arabs. There is bad blood and they will never forget the Arabs joining hands with Lawrence of Arabia to kick Ottomans out and destroying the Hijaz railway.
Proudness, resilience and all of that emotional part of it will only hold as long as we have something to offer them in return. Pakistan doesn't bring much to the table, unfortunately. We can neither help them in their geopolitical goals much (which are more west-looking) nor can we offer much economic benefit (read: trade) especially when compared to India.

Remember that Saudis were the first ones to recognize us when we announced independence? Saudis have been our 'ideological supporters' too for much of our history, but this recent disparity between Indian stature & our position in international community, and their own reform/liberalization agenda has pushed them away from baggage states such as us.

In geopolitics there's very little room for ideological alignment if not supported by any material gains. That is why i'm saying Turks will follow the suit in a not so distant future if we keep going at rate we're going at.

Proudness, resilience and all of that emotional part of it will only hold as long as we have something to offer them in return. Pakistan doesn't bring much to the table, unfortunately. We can neither help them in their geopolitical goals much (which are more west-looking) nor can we offer much economic benefit (read: trade) especially when compared to India.

Remember that Saudis were the first ones to recognize us when we announced independence? Saudis have been our 'ideological supporters' too for much of our history, but this recent disparity between Indian stature & our position in international community, and their own reform/liberalization agenda has pushed them away from baggage states such as us.

In geopolitics there's very little room for ideological alignment if not supported by any material gains. That is why i'm saying Turks will follow the suit in a not so distant future if we keep going at rate we're going at.

Actually Iran was the first country to recognize us as a state and they even provided us with air bases to protect and refuel our fighter jets in the 65 war. Obviously post revolution governments are not the same. For Pakistan a secular Iran was a friend of Pakistan and could perhaps one day be the solution to unlock the potential of ECO

As for Saudis, everything was strings attached from day one. The bailout packages were conditional based on how well we promoted and integrated wahabism. I mean did we not create and host monsters we are still suffering from in the present day? If they can neglect and throw Arab speaking Palestinians under the bus, what is Kashmir to them? The reality is we have been brainwashed thinking they are on our side but in fact it was always them playing their game all along. The current regime has of course slightly deviated from the religious centric policies, however, as I said earlier, economics play a role and lets not forget Indians and Arabs have a trade relationship for centuries.

In Turkey secular or right wing governments, there was and still is a continuous and a consistent geopolitical policy. We have together assisted Bosnians and Cypriots in the west and Azeris, Palestinians and Kashmiris in the east and we are by far one of their biggest importers of arms and our collab in defence industry is very favourable. On other hand, most of our economic relations are pretty much in our favour as well. We were the first asian country to open a bank in Turkey and although we have nothing substantial to export, we have a preferential trade agreement. The onus is on us to take it further. Also note while PIA is banned from flying to Europe, our code share agreement with Turkish Airlines has profited us over 2 billion rupees. I mean there is a long list of things in our favour I can go on but the point is for you to know Turks are not Arabs.

Last edited:
Actually Iran was the first country to recognize us as a state and they even provided us with air bases to protect and refuel our fighter jets in the 65 war. Obviously post revolution governments are not the same. For Pakistan a secular Iran was a friend of Pakistan and could perhaps one day be the solution to unlock the potential of ECO

As for Saudis, everything was strings attached from day one. The bailout packages were conditional based on how well we promoted and integrated wahabism. I mean did we not create and host monsters we are still suffering from in the present day? If they can neglect and throw Arab speaking Palestinians under the bus, what is Kashmir to them? The reality is we have been brainwashed thinking they are on our side but in fact it was always them playing their game all along. The current regime has of course slightly deviated from the religious centric policies, however, as I said earlier, economics play a role and lets not forget Indians and Arabs have a trade relationship for centuries.

In Turkey secular or right wing governments, there was and still is a continuous and a consistent geopolitical policy. We have together assisted Bosnians and Cypriots in the west and Azeris, Palestinians and Kashmiris in the east and we are by far one of their biggest importers of arms and our collab in defence industry is very favourable. On other hand, most of our economic relations are pretty much in our favour as well. We were the first asian country to open a bank in Turkey and although we have nothing substantial to export, we have a preferential trade agreement. The onus is on us to take it further. Also note while PIA is banned from flying to Europe, our code share agreement with Turkish Airlines has profited us over 2 billion rupees. I mean there is a long list of things in our favour I can go on but the point is for you to know Turks are not Arabs.

If Pakistan's population growth was controlled and populace was educated Pakistan/Turkey/Iran would be an ideal alliance. Assuming Iran/Turkey are willing to play ball here. With 200 million+ poor relatively uneducated relatively dark skinned people you are not going to make an EU type alliance with Iran & Turkey. With your population hitting 400 million you can kiss goodbye to such dreams.

All this Turkey-Pakistan brother stuff is a conduit for Turkey to win military and economic deals with Pakistan. For Pakistan it is a way of showing the world that we can someone who is willing to smoke the same strong stuff as us.

We should not make a big deal out of what has been done. Pakistan is right in its case and the only thing the Turkish public opinion is doing is believing it. I wish more Pakistani academics would come to our country for about Jammu-Kashmir issue, more panels would be organized and they would help spread awareness to a wider base.

The modern Turkish and Pakistani states have not found each other in wealth and will not abandon each other in poverty. Even today, economic relations between the two countries are very limited, but is this the only criterion that determines the relationship between states (and peoples)?

I don't want to take the issue out of context, but even if you ignore all cultural and emotional ties, from a geopolitical point of view, Pakistan's strong presence in its region is really critical and important for Turkish interests and grand strategy.

Our country's economic power and resources may be limited, but that should not mean that we could leave Pakistan alone in diplomatic struggles where Pakistan is absolutely right.

Some things are state policy, and relations with Pakistan are so no matter which political party is in power in the country. Day-to-day political issues, such as the amount of economic output, or the ideological alignment of governments, are only the outermost layer.

If Pakistan's population growth was controlled and populace was educated Pakistan/Turkey/Iran would be an ideal alliance. Assuming Iran/Turkey are willing to play ball here. With 200 million+ poor relatively uneducated relatively dark skinned people you are not going to make an EU type alliance with Iran & Turkey. With your population hitting 400 million you can kiss goodbye to such dreams.

All this Turkey-Pakistan brother stuff is a conduit for Turkey to win military and economic deals with Pakistan. For Pakistan it is a way of showing the world that we can someone who is willing to smoke the same strong stuff as us.

"relatively dark skinned"? LOL what sort of argument is that? Do you think, Greeks, Cypriots, Italians and Maltese who are in the E.U, white? Mind you these people were actually discriminated in the West. If anything this alliance today is all for a greater "political alliance"

The beauty of the islamic world is you can be white brown or black and no one would actually care. From Morocco to Pakistan we have common cultural values. If you have never seen a muslim go to Mecca and see people of all colours.

And no, Iranians are as brown as Pakistanis and our history and culture is rooted from there.

Last edited:
"relatively dark skinned"? LOL what sort of argument is that? Do you think, Greeks, Cypriots, Italians and Maltese who are in the E.U, white? Mind you these people were actually discriminated in the West. If anything this alliance today is all for a greater "political alliance"

The beauty of the islamic world is you can be white brown or black and no one would actually care. From Morocco to Pakistan we have common cultural values. If you have never seen a muslim go to Mecca and see people of all colours.

And no, Iranians are as brown as Pakistanis and our history and culture is rooted from there.

I know this might be touchy -- Pakistanis are darker than Turks and Iranians.

Count the number of Greeks, Cypriots, Maltese. I think you get the drift

Last edited:
I know this might be touchy -- Pakistanis are darker than Turks and Iranians.

Count the number of Greeks, Cypriots, Maltese. I think you get the drift

"Dark" is a very general term. Pakistan is a diverse country. Skin colour varies by region from north to south and due to social class

Dardics of Gilgit Baltistan:

DbFBkcYX0AMPCdk

DbFBiHIWAAA5osN

Pashtuns of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

pashtuns-on-patrol.jpg

Shahid_Afridi_in_2017.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

main-qimg-a265c71564892e5b60a7506a5fb3cf7d-lq

Kashmiris of Kashmir
Kashmiri_man_with_his_grand_son.jpg

EBRBu8dUEAAHu_s

1424272_1444010862496724_305774266_n.jpg

Punjab

e8fsc6abmym61.jpg

Gsz_yUyL_400x400.jpg

Villages-of-punjab-pakistan.jpg

5e42445f52dc1.jpg

36224418_1852853778129137_3951211050069655552_n.jpg

Sindhis of Sindh
FAYIQp0XEAA0qpP

305807473_396585892661230_5859530908994221050_n.jpg

Baloch of Balochistan
main-qimg-a4fcb7771252f697e3cf7e26bec21dcf-pjlq

African Baloch
main-qimg-2805d2353b5087b4bb14dd901f03ec97-lq

mahnoor-baloch-wiki-age.jpg

main-qimg-ede0b44d766042058d7bdfb98cf21e42-lq

Last edited:
@Edevelop

For outsiders Pakistanis are clubbed with Indians. Afghans, Iranians, Turks are classified in different category

OIC should also provide for an observer status to the Azad Kashmir government.

"Dark" is a very general term. Pakistan is a diverse country. Skin colour varies by region from north to south and due to social class

Dardics of Gilgit Baltistan:

DbFBkcYX0AMPCdk

DbFBiHIWAAA5osN

Pashtuns of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

pashtuns-on-patrol.jpg

Shahid_Afridi_in_2017.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

main-qimg-a265c71564892e5b60a7506a5fb3cf7d-lq

Kashmiris of Kashmir
Kashmiri_man_with_his_grand_son.jpg

EBRBu8dUEAAHu_s

Punjab

e8fsc6abmym61.jpg

Gsz_yUyL_400x400.jpg

Villages-of-punjab-pakistan.jpg

5e42445f52dc1.jpg

36224418_1852853778129137_3951211050069655552_n.jpg

Sindhis of Sindh
FAYIQp0XEAA0qpP

305807473_396585892661230_5859530908994221050_n.jpg

Baloch of Balochistan
main-qimg-a4fcb7771252f697e3cf7e26bec21dcf-pjlq

African Baloch
main-qimg-2805d2353b5087b4bb14dd901f03ec97-lq

main-qimg-ede0b44d766042058d7bdfb98cf21e42-lq

Bhai, Sab thik hai per bollywood actor ko to chhod dete.
Shahid kapoor

Last edited:
Do you think, Greeks, Cypriots, Italians and Maltese who are in the E.U, white? Mind you these people were actually discriminated in the West. If anything this alliance today is all for a greater "political alliance"
We sure ain't brown.

The Turks are not like Arabs They are proud, resilient and cultured. They have history. They will do everything opposite of Arabs. There is bad blood and they will never forget the
Just because Arabs SEEM to stop supporting Pakistan, you imply that Arabs don't have pride, resilience, culture and history. IF I AM NOT WRONG, there was a time when Saudi Arabia was considered as brotherly country by Pakistan, with cadet exchanges at military academy, etc. Don't worry. Arabs have short memory. They will forget the recent Yemen disappointment and the Palestine let-down by Pakistan and start helping Muslim brethren again.

@xeuss @Drizzt @jamahir @Paitoo @Skull and Bones @Hecig @MastanKhan @SIPRA @Mentee @Bossman @SoulSpokesman @Hyde

Back
Top Bottom