What's new

Turkish overseas Bases and Military installations

xenon54 out

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I tried to gather all current and announced future Turkish military bases and installations in overseas, feel free to add the missing ones.
International missions are not included.

Bases.jpg

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_overseas_military_bases#Turkey

https://iraq.liveuamap.com/en/2018/13-february-there-are-14-turkish-military-bases-and-4-turkish

Unbenannt.jpg

Last edited:
I would add a logistic Hub in Tunisia, like the Russian have in Tartus. Morocco is strategicly good placed for a Base, because of the straight of Gibraltar. There is also the western Sahara Conflict were Turkey supports Morocco.

Libya I should say! one way or another we have to be there!

Greece's EEZ policy is hurting the interests of Libya not only in Turkey. Unfortunately, Libya's current situation is not able to resist this. Although the Hafter government is closer to Egypt and the KSA, we have not yet seen strong support from Arab states. Maybe they do not want to see Libya and Turkey neighborliness as to EEZ areas.

In this sense, Algeria and Tunisia have different attitudes. I personally do not think that it is possible to construct a Turkish base in there. Also, No need. Both countries, are already doing very successful work for the stability of the region. But the increased cooperation with these two countries rather than from Egypt, showing more bigger potantial.

A number of energy and investment agreements were signed with the Algerian government. With the year 2020, we will become one of the most important customers of Algerian gas. I think Algerian energy diplomacy, which is based on peace, will become a positive factor in Libya's stabilization.

Greece's EEZ policy is hurting the interests of Libya not only in Turkey. Unfortunately, Libya's current situation is not able to resist this. Although the Hafter government is closer to Egypt and the KSA, we have not yet seen strong support from Arab states. Maybe they do not want to see Libya and Turkey neighborliness as to EEZ areas.

In this sense, Algeria and Tunisia have different attitudes. I personally do not think that it is possible to construct a Turkish base in there. Also, No need. Both countries, are already doing very successful work for the stability of the region. But the increased cooperation with these two countries rather than from Egypt, showing more bigger potantial.

A number of energy and investment agreements were signed with the Algerian government. With the year 2020, we will become one of the most important customers of Algerian gas. I think Algerian energy diplomacy, which is based on peace, will become a positive factor in Libya's stabilization.

I think for Libya or Tunisia, to use for example as naval Dock or for logistic support for Operation throughout the Mediterran. The Presence in this Region will boost Turkeys Influence in the Region.

trivia:

Turkey and the US run jointly a program about Georgian army to NATO standards and provide important support for re-establishment. Both countries are supplying surplus military aircraft and other weapons to Tbilisi since 1999. Turkish pilots also give training to the Georgian pilots in Turkish airspace.

That the Turkish military also modernized Georgia's Marneuli military airport within NATO standards in 2001. This base has a logistics center in the sense that it can be used outside the borders of Turkey.

After the Russian engagement(South Osetia war ,2008), the destroyed parts was repaired again. The base is currently under the authority of the Georgian army.

I think for Libya or Tunisia, to use for example as naval Dock or for logistic support for Operation throughout the Mediterran. The Presence in this Region will boost Turkeys Influence in the Region.

I hope its Libya because Turkey and Libya go way back.

The same is true for Tunisia too. There are millions of North Africans from Libya, Tunisia and Algeria who have Turkish ancestry.

Yep I just googled about that. Pretty interesting stuff.

Turkish flag and the Tunisian flag is also so similar to each other.

The bases in Sudan, Qatar and Somalia are of great importance. You could say that they're for gaining influence in the aforementioned nations however it appears as if something much more significant as at play. These three strategic points can act as a death grip against Saudi Arabia in the future.

These locations can serve as:

• Ballistic missile sites
  • Air Bases
  • Naval Bases that can act as a platform for amphibious assaults
  • Training camps for future proxies.
The possibilities are endless. However we must first be able to mass produce all the necessary equipment before we get too ambitious.

The bases in Sudan, Qatar and Somalia are of great importance. You could say that they're for gaining influence in the aforementioned nations however it appears as if something much more significant as at play. These three strategic points can act as a death grip against Saudi Arabia in the future.

These locations can serve as:

• Ballistic missile sites
  • Air Bases
  • Naval Bases that can act as a platform for amphibious assaults
  • Training camps for future proxies.
The possibilities are endless. However we must first be able to mass produce all the necessary equipment before we get too ambitious.

Your right they are very important strategic locations, however, they are also vulnerable in case of a hypothetical war with Saudi Arabia. But your right they are very important for future influence in the region.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom