performance, the HJ-8E is dependable and

accurate, capable of hitting targets of up to

four kilometers away. It is now the standard

anti-tank armament Of the WZ-10, Mil-17, and

Gazelle helicopter gunships of the People's

Liberation Army.

The Chinese in turn was renamed by TOW

Pakistan as the Baktar Shikan, as It is also

manufactured under license by the country.

Like the other missiles, Baktar Shikan

therefore be mounted on Pakistan's Cobra Attack

helicopters and probably attack aircraft. At

a distance of 3km, Baktar Shikan ATGM can

destroy all currently known tank targets with

90% hit and penetration probability. With its

long range, penetration power and a

powerful anti-jamming capability, Baktar

Shikan forms a potent defense against

armored targets

Last edited:
our Baktar Shikan serves us quite well.

"So great is TOW's reputation as a tank

buster, China, it is claimed, simply copied the

missile, and designated it as the HJ-eighth Like its

U.S. counterpart, it is tube-launched, optically

tracked, and wire-guided. The latest version

of the missile, HJ-8E, entered service in mid-

1990s and is believed to outperform some

Western missiles of the same category such

as the Franco-German MILAN.

Very similar to the U.S. TOW missile in

performance, the HJ-8E is dependable and

accurate, capable of hitting targets of up to

four kilometers away. It is now the standard

anti-tank armament Of the WZ-10, Mil-17, and

Gazelle helicopter gunships of the People's

Liberation Army.

The Chinese in turn was renamed by TOW

Pakistan as the Baktar Shikan, as It is also

manufactured under license by the country.

Like the other missiles, Baktar Shikan

therefore be mounted on Pakistan's Cobra Attack

helicopters and probably attack aircraft. At

a distance of 3km, Baktar Shikan ATGM can

destroy all currently known tank targets with

90% hit and penetration probability. With its

long range, penetration power and a

powerful anti-jamming capability, Baktar

Shikan forms a potent defense against

armored targets

Being a novice i want to ask how much is the fact that TOWS require thetarget to be kept in sight while the missile finds its mark, a danger to the vehicle person firing the missile.Wouldn't a fire and forget missile system be better.Secondly what is the current thinking about frontal v/s top attack missiles?Reponse would be appreciated.
Araz

FINAL STEPS FOR 2.75" SEMI ACTIVE LASER GUIDED MISSILE

ROKETSAN Missiles Inc. have completed the design verification phase of its 2.75" Semi Active Laser Guided Missile, CIRIT, after the successful execution of the firing tests performed recently. Primarily developed to be used on the T129 Attack helicopter of the Turkish Armed Forces, CIRIT is an Air-to-Ground missile with 8 km range, filling the gap between the unguided rockets of the same caliber and the expensive anti-armor systems with its cost efficiency and high precision.

During the static and dynamic tests performed until now, many different test scenarios have been executed with success, including firing from moving helicopters against moving targets. The performance of the live warhead against armored targets have also been proved with these tests. AH-1W helicopters were used during these tests as the firing platform.

After completing the qualification of the production line, the missile will be ready for series production in 2010.

http://www.roketsan.com.tr/uploads/image/crt-k1-02.jpg

Last edited:
Hard rival of Roketsan Cirit, USA DAGR and UK APKWS are on final test phase now a days...

Last edited by a moderator:
According to report released by Officials,

"Roketsan has succesfully demonstrated the cirits capability to hit mobile target travelling at 60km/h, the helicopter it was launched from was moving at a speed of 120 knots."

Turkish MMW radars (Similar with Apache Longbow) called Mildar will be passed to serial production phase in 2010-11 to integrate on T-129 Atak and Altay MBT's so I think We are going to see MMW guided UMTAS Anti-Tank Missiles as well...

tara0003-3.jpg

I have to take my words back when I said I highly doubt you will see them on AH-1W super cobra.

Dear friend Cabatli just proved me wrong with the picture above where a super cobra test fires the CIRIT missile. But I am glad I was wrong, thanx Cabatli :cheers:

DEAR NUTUK, WHEN CAN PAKISTAN HAVE THEM :cheers:

Turkey is rapidly emerging to become another self-reliant country in terms of conventional weapons. I heartily congratulate all the Turkish members of this group for this achievement. Tanks, ATGMs, gunships... what is next? With a coastline like yours, I am guessing international-standard warships being constructed at your docks. :)

A little off-topic but I am surprised why Turkey did not ever consider developing a combat aircraft of its own despite such an intelligent and talented pool of scientists and engineers serving Ankara.

Turkey is rapidly emerging to become another self-reliant country in terms of conventional weapons. I heartily congratulate all the Turkish members of this group for this achievement. Tanks, ATGMs, gunships... what is next? With a coastline like yours, I am guessing international-standard warships being constructed at your docks. :)

A little off-topic but I am surprised why Turkey did not ever consider developing a combat aircraft of its own despite such an intelligent and talented pool of scientists and engineers serving Ankara.

That's why turkey tries to buy f35 and also typhoons.
To gain technologies.. tech tech tech tech tech and more tech.
And turkey is close to develop its own combat airplane.
But its matter of time.
Maybe in the next decades.
We are superior with our f16 f4 f35..for alot of years.

That's why turkey tries to buy f35 and also typhoons.
To gain technologies.. tech tech tech tech tech and more tech.
And turkey is close to develop its own combat airplane.
But its matter of time.
Maybe in the next decades.
We are superior with our f16 f4 f35..for alot of years.
But why buy both the aircraft? Buying of Typhoon as well as JSF would shoot up the operational costs and skyrocket maintenance headache. Let us discuss this in a separate thread.

Now coming to this topic, has Turkish government considered exporting these missiles to foreign countries? I can already see some inquisitive members here asking for its induction into their countries' services.

But why buy both the aircraft? Buying of Typhoon as well as JSF would shoot up the operational costs and skyrocket maintenance headache. Let us discuss this in a separate thread.

Now coming to this topic, has Turkish government considered exporting these missiles to foreign countries? I can already see some inquisitive members here asking for its induction into their countries' services.

Since Pakistan Army is considering T-129 ATAK attack helicopter , we surely will buy UMTAS/Cirit with them.

Our purchase of OMTAS ATGM would depend upon its success if it comes out to meet PA requirements then surely we can buy these systems.

I just suspect that you may see UMTAS IRGM's on Pakistan's UCAV Burraq too.

Turkey will not develop any combat aircraft because There are so powerfull rivals exporting their own models by years. After this period, Turkey has unfortunately escaped the train to compete with current rivals and it is impossible to develop an aircraft that is able to compete with current F-22, EF-2000, Gripen, PAK-FA... at first attempt. After paid increadible money to develop such an aircraft that will not able to compete with rivals, No need to waste time and money...

but We have jet and turbo-prop trainer aircraft programs. Turboprop trainer program called Hurkus has been started before and will fly in 2011. I suppoe that Jet trainer aircraft program will also be started in near future...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom