What's new

Turkish, Iranian FMs to visit China

OIO

Reaction score
Country
China
BEIJING, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) -- At the invitation of Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu and Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian will respectively pay visits to China on January 12 and 14, according to Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin on Tuesday.

Not only 2 of that nations, but also Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain, as well as GCC secretary general from Monday to Friday.

Yes, so I don't believe the Gulf countries visit China just to talk about free trade agreements.

Yes, so I don't believe the Gulf countries visit China just to talk about free trade agreements.

Do you have any clue on what is really going on there ? I think it is showing China global influence and geopolitical power.

In the statement made by Turkish foreign affairs; "During the talks, current regional issues will be discussed as well as bilateral relations," written. I think it's not that hard to guess.

Do you have any clue on what is really going on there ? I think it is showing China global influence and geopolitical power.

There are no clues, the simplest explanation is the return visit of Foreign Minister Wang Yi to the Middle East last year.

Among the major countries in the Middle East, only Israel has been excluded, and China's tendency is very obvious.

Not sure what will happen next, maybe China will massively build or upgrade railways in the Middle East?

My guess: China wants free trade zone with all middle east..hook them on trade and in the process guarantee secure market and energy for China..win win for all..and give a big middle finger to US.

There are no clues, the simplest explanation is the return visit of Foreign Minister Wang Yi to the Middle East last year.

Among the major countries in the Middle East, only Israel has been excluded, and China's tendency is very obvious.

Not sure what will happen next, maybe China will massively build or upgrade railways in the Middle East?

Nope, those GCC countries are rich and dont need China money, I suspect they want China to brokerage peace deal there, particularly related to Yemen.

While both Turkey and Iran must have something to do with economy, Turkey Lira and its economy is suffering now and Iran wants to get China investment.

There will be a foreign ministers poker tournament.

chow.PNG

Last edited:
Nope, those GCC countries are rich and dont need China money, I suspect they want China to brokerage peace deal there, particularly related to Yemen.

While both Turkey and Iran must have something to do with economy, Turkey Lira and its economy is suffering now and Iran wants to get China investment.
True GCC countries are rich and they need to move their monies to China (re-balance their portfolio which used to be west-exclusive), Turkey has alot of infra deals with China in progress say the Hunutlu Thermal Power Station, Iran has already signed the 25-year Comprehensive Strategic Partnership deal with China, Saudi-China even has long joint program on ballistic missiles for decades, and more.

But the point is these are bilateral business, the question here is why top diplomats from Saudi/GCC, Turkey, Iran and China sit in the same meeting room? What multilateral issues or even deals are they talking about?

Last edited:
There will be a foreign ministers poker tournament.
By the way a bit off topic ..I really like the Turkish foreign minister..he is a cool guy and looks in good mood in his photos..does his family name mean or anything to do with being " son of a quick man"..we have "oughlu" in many family names..

If China can bring about peace in Yemen, it will be a milestone in Chinese diplomacy.

Hope for peace in the Middle East, and then the countries in the Middle East are connected by high-speed rail, we can look forward to the future especially after the United States was forced to withdraw from Afghanistan and failed to carry out the Color Revolution in Kazakhstan.

True GCC countries are rich and they need to move their monies to China (re-balance their portfolio which used to be west-only), and Iran has already signed the 25-year Comprehensive Strategic Partnership deal with China.

But the point is these are bilateral deals, the question here is why top diplomats from Saudi/GCC, Turkey, Iran and China sit in the same meeting room? What multilateral issues are they talking?

GCC will secure China energy while in the same time China is their biggest customers. GCC is also lead by Saudi. Saudi problem is in Yemen. I think they want China brokerage peace deal with Iran ( in relation to Yemen conflict) since China has economic and political influence on Iran. This is why Iran come in the same time, and also the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership deal needs more detail and micro deals.

China in other hand doesnt want chaos to happen in Middle East as it can potentially disturb its energy supply and also China is leaning toward Muslim countries for its geopolitical needs and ambition.

For Turkey, they also important player in Middle East and Turkey Lira problem make them try to strengthen their currency by making some currency swap cooperation, previously they made it with South Korea Central Bank. Turkey needs then will give China influence over Turkey that can be used for China own interest in that region.

Last edited:
By the way a bit off topic ..I really like the Turkish foreign minister..he is a cool guy and looks in good mood in his photos..does his family name mean or anything to do with being " son of a quick man"..we have "oughlu" in many family names..

Oğlu means, son of... After the republic surname law was passed, the suffix -oğlu/oğulları- was used at the end of many family names.
Çavuş meaning sergeant...

Although he was the President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe in the past, he draws a profile of a politician who is more hawkish in relations with Europe and gives more importance to dialogue in relations with Russia, China and Eurasia. I don't think it's such a bright name and it has had some very grave mistakes in past. However, his figure is reflecting the spirit of the time, in terms of Turkish foreign policy.

Back
Top Bottom