What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

It's the official information.

"Proje takvimi Ocak 2018'de başlayan projede, 68 ay sonunda 1000 beygir kapasiteli bir güç paketinin prototipinin ortaya konulması hedefleniyor."

https://www.milliyet.com.tr/ekonomi/yerli-motor-icin-uc-koldan-cozum-arayisi-2742180
I think there could be a typo on Milliyet or some sort of miscommunication regarding the roadmap for UTKU. 68 ay (prototip degilde) seri uretime gecme olabalir. Cunku 68'ay sonra prototip olursa, bunun birde test asamasi vesayresi var, o da bir kac yil alir ozaman. Seri uretim anca 2025'e yetisir.

BMC motor 2017'nin ucuncu ayinda kuruldu, ama Edit: AZRA'nin (UTKU degil, yanlis yazmisim) protipini 2018'in 6. ayinda calisir halde gostermislerdi:

Onun icin ben UTKU projesinin, 68 ayda, prototipten ziyade seri uretimi hedeflediklerini dusunuyorum.

Last edited:
Anyone have any ideas on what the 7th stage purpose is?
Untitled-1.jpg

I've looked at cutaways of F119 engine, and it has 6 hp compressor stages which progressively tapers off in turbine blade size till it reaches combustion.
PrattWhitney_f119.jpg

F110-GE-129 has also similar last compressor stage
file.php

ce6e09cb-5980-486d-c8e7-6d20cbaed34b.png

They had over 80% local content ratio in the last batch they produced.
I'm not sure but I think that figures like the one you cited are not really useful because in this case you either can or cannot produce the core technology. Everything else seems to be secondary.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

What is the latest progress about the TF-X fighter jet engine ? Which engine is Turkey going to use in its TF-X fighter ?

See those big squiggly lines? Those are called "numbers". The numbers say "1987".
No that’s the year where we started montage works it’s not the amount of parts we’re making.

You do understand that I just corrected the translation to a more precise version right ?

No that’s the year where we started montage works it’s not the amount of parts we’re making.

You do understand that I just corrected the translation to a more precise version right ?

Oh ok, I thought you were complaining that we're still only making 12 parts today.

The graphic doesn't say critical but if you look at the diagram, the parts do appear to be core engine parts.

Back
Top Bottom