What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

milli harpy mi bu? evet milli harpy. it is the engine of national anti-radiation drone called KARGI.

i think this kind of engines are called boxer, model PG 50, 2 cylinder 50 hp gasoline engine, not bad for that size. i was expecting a wankel engine for KARGI. Mr Aksit also says they are still working on this engine to get some improvements, so KARGI is not ready yet?

it is a boxer. Vestel was /is working on Kargi . TEI got pissed off and Rotax'in icinden gecmis . Now I am thinking maybe PG115 was developed for Herons after all.

I think so. Both engines, Pg-155 and ROTAX 914, produce the same (155hp) power.

Translation;
With the development starting with the contract made in February 2012, the qualification tests of the KTJ 3200 turbojet engine has started. This engine is developed to be used in air to ground and ground to ground missiles like the SOM.

The tweet has some good Q&A, so I'll translate them too;

Q : Why did this take so long
A : Long or not, what's important is that it's finally done. We need to stop importing the T40 engines
Q : This took a very long time
A : Some components couldn't be bought because of the embargo, so these had to be made indigenous. This brought it's own host of technical problems and as a result some things had to be started from scratch a few times. All in all, these factors contributed to a 1 year delay

Q : When will the government start it's tests
A : First the qualification tests have to be finished

Q : Is this between the T40 and the T50?
A : It's closer to a T40

need to say, original calendar of the project was 4 years and it ended in 2016. we are 3 years lagging.

TEI PD 170 engine was demanded by two different countries(undisclosed). The engine serial production just started.

http://www.kokpit.aero/2-ulkeden-talep

need to put This 550 shp turboprop too.
550-jpg.490886

URL][IMG]

Last edited:
So you insist on claiming that this is a TP engine? Why? You reached any info?
My info is my eye, it is clearly a turboprop, some people talk about gezgin engine it is sharing the same core with this(my opinion) turboprop. anlaşamazsak sinan şala soralım, ne dersin?

My info is my eye, it is clearly a turboprop, some people talk about gezgin engine it is sharing the same core with this(my opinion) turboprop. anlaşamazsak sinan şala soralım, ne dersin?

:D Peki öyle olsun. Soralım. Yeterki ne olduğu ortaya çıksın.

fotoğraftan tam anlaşılmıyor. fotoğrafta görülen turbopropun dişli kutusu olabilir dikkat edilirse aşağıda da hava alığı var gibi gözüküyor. Ya da piston motorun kendisidir tam belli değil.

it has an air intake below engine body at front and it has cylindrical exhaust at the rear, also have bulky gearbox so that is turboprop for me.

fotoğraftan tam anlaşılmıyor. fotoğrafta görülen turbopropun dişli kutusu olabilir dikkat edilirse aşağıda da hava alığı var gibi gözüküyor. Ya da piston motorun kendisidir tam belli değil.

Evet hava alığı gibi bişey. Ayrıca motorun bağlı olduğu metal bloğun ortasından geriye doğru silindirik bişey uzanıyor. Veya öyle görünüyor. Turbin motor çekirdeği olabilir ama nispeten küçük gibi.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom