What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

and so its seems like Ukraine and South Korea are the main partners in Turkish engine programs ?

I think its only fair that all Ukrainians technicians and engineers are settled in Turkey and work for the Turkish military to build core systems like engines

Turkey has done alot to help Ukraine and even selling the Ukrainian companies to Turkey would be good buy for Turkey

take full advantage of the situation its not a unfair advantage its called fair advantage

by 2030 I can see Turkey ahead of some of the most advanced European nations like Italy and Spain

by 2040 they can chase France, Germany and then UK
There is no formal joint engine development program. The Korean engine and transmission will be used in the first batch of the Altay, but tests are ongoing on the indigenous engine and transmission developed by BMC for final production. Similarly, the turbofan used in unmanned systems and the ongoing procurement of turboshaft engines for helicopters are used as interim solutions due to the urgent need of the main systems. On the turbofan side, TEI-TF6000 with 10,000 lbf thrust is being prepared in the first stage. On the turboshaft side, work is underway to militarize the TS1400 engine.

It will take 3-4 years on average for the tank diesel, tuboshaft and turbofan engines to be ready for mass production and for all standard test procedures to be completed. During this period, it is aimed not to disrupt platform-based system projects. Previous problems with MTU or LHTEC, often related to exports, have led to numerous projects being delayed or even export possibilities being restricted. Engines licensed from Korea and Ukraine have a stronger framework in this sense.

and so its seems like Ukraine and South Korea are the main partners in Turkish engine programs ?

I think its only fair that all Ukrainians technicians and engineers are settled in Turkey and work for the Turkish military to build core systems like engines

Turkey has done alot to help Ukraine and even selling the Ukrainian companies to Turkey would be good buy for Turkey

take full advantage of the situation its not a unfair advantage its called fair advantage

by 2030 I can see Turkey ahead of some of the most advanced European nations like Italy and Spain

by 2040 they can chase France, Germany and then UK
Both countries are a source of stop gap solutions for us, nothing more. We do not get help from them in engine development.

I repeat, WE DO NOT GET HELP FROM THEM.

For example, South Korea was using German subsystems in its military engines until we were warned. South Koreans didn't know about the real military world. They thought they could use common subcomponents in military vehicles as well as in the civilian automotive industry. If relationships are okay, maybe you can do that, too, under certain restrictions. "Maybe" doesn't work in military planning.

The military engines produced by Ukraine, on the other hand, are both old technology engines and the turbofan engines they produce do not meet our requirements. They can't help us develop engines that will produce 35,000 lbs of thrust. Among the engines produced by Ukraine, only helicopter engines are strong enough to fully meet our demands. We have already used it in the form of ready purchase on the T-929. They did not want co-production, and we did not insist on the fact.

Last edited:
Man, I hope Turkey succeeds in uts engine development. The world needs more competition I'm this sector.
Man was I tired when I wrote this. Fucking hell, the mistakes make me sound as if I was medicated on sleeping pills or something.

The problems in the mechanical transmission, which is the most difficult component of the BMC Power's Batu Domestic Power Package planned to be used in Altay, have been overcome. It is expected to pass the tests successfully.

There was no problem with the 1500 HP diesel engine, which is the other component of the domestic power package.

The problems in the mechanical transmission, which is the most difficult component of the BMC Power's Batu Domestic Power Package planned to be used in Altay, have been overcome. It is expected to pass the tests successfully.

There was no problem with the 1500 HP diesel engine, which is the other component of the domestic power package.

but mass production will start in 2026, it takes too longgg

We must repair the destruction caused by the twin earthquakes.

No, there is a time and place for charity and aiding the needy but compromising national security is not acceptable under any circumstances

dont do what stupid Pakistanis did, we had earthquake in 2005 and we decided to cut the F16 order

guess what?

neither the F16 arrived and nor did the earthquake region get rebuilt

so get at least one thing right keep building and investing in military recession or nor recession

Leap-X parts produced at TEI on a 1:1 scale engine visualisation...

When you fly A320/321 neo or for example 737 Max aircraft, do not forget that you are flying with parts produced at TEI.

F3Fj63lWcAAEYyI

via Dr Erinç Erdem

Leap-X parts produced at TEI on a 1:1 scale engine visualisation...

When you fly A320/321 neo or for example 737 Max aircraft, do not forget that you are flying with parts produced at TEI.

F3Fj63lWcAAEYyI

via Dr Erinç Erdem

I really hope the Turkish engine industry becomes a major player. It would break the Western/European monopoly and bring down costs as competition increases.

Chinese Civil and military engines were supposed to do that, but due to various reasons they haven't had the desired effect.

Turkiye's main goal is to produce military engines independently. It is not Turkiye's goal in civil aviation to compete with Western engines in civil aviation by branding in civilian engines, as China has done. At least this goal will stay that way for the next 30 years.

It is more profitable for Turkiye at this stage to produce quality components for Western or (if they can prove themselves) Chinese engine manufacturers.

I really hope the Turkish engine industry becomes a major player. It would break the Western/European monopoly and bring down costs as competition increases.

Chinese Civil and military engines were supposed to do that, but due to various reasons they haven't had the desired effect.
Work on the civil aviation industries continues in two clusters. The first is the segment extending from 2-4 seater sports aircraft to 8-10 seater business jets. This segment has started to receive significant investments through private enterprises. There are several different companies, the most important of which I see is BMH Aviation, which bought SyberJet. Sj30 aircraft in the hands of Syberjet, BMH plans to establish the first production line in TR as soon as possible without wasting time with the first platform development and certification process. I have a detailed post on this subject in the other forum. The production planning is largely ready and the company's roadmap is quite exciting.

There are more than 50-60 companies in TR with world-class production standards and certificates, which are sub-suppliers of all the western aviation giants you can think of, especially the OSTIM OSSA ecosystem in TR. From Boeing to Airbus, even mid-level players like KAI etc. Whatever company you can think of, there is definitely a supplier here. All types of structures, subsystems, cabin equipment, avionics, electronics, engineering services, we have very valuable companies that have proven themselves in the world in every field. In other words, the aviation industry infrastructure in Turkiye is ready enough to enter the branding process. The problem was to bring these elements together and create a unity of forces in Turkiye. Now we are gradually moving to this phase.

The other part is the narrow-body regional commercial passenger and general purpose aircraft, and as far as we can understand, there is a healthier process on this side, unlike the previous failed project attempts. Kayseri TOMTAŞ, Turkiye's first aircraft factory, is being re-established. Over 200 aircraft had been produced in this factory until 1931, but after a while the company was closed down 'for some reasons'. It was also announced by the GM that a narrow-body passenger aircraft project by TAI was progressing through indigenous design. The general opinion is that the revitalisation of the TOMTAŞ factory is related to this planning. I also believe that the serial production of this TAI project will be realised at TOMTAŞ.

The reason for writing these is to draw a general framework of what is going on in the Turkish aviation industry, apart from showcase/military projects for fixed wing aircraft. In the long term, the efforts in the current military projects in the field of engines must also be reflected in civilian areas. If we consider all systems cumulatively in these fighter aircraft projects until the 2030s, and together with sub-suppliers, you will have a total workforce of over 50-60 thousand in more than 100 companies. And you will have a large capacity. Although some of this belongs to production functions, the most important part is related to design, test and verification processes. You have to feed this. In short, military projects create a positive factor to speed up the processes due to the size of the TAF's needs and export advantages. However, for continuity, the civilian area should be entered, which I think was already the main plan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom