What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
The turkish economy isn't doing so well, we don't have a lot of USD reserves. Which limits our options with regards to foreign pressure on TL, but by preventing the outflow of TL, the government is trying to stem the need for printing more TL.

RTE and AKP crazy spending in the previous years including global factors as well as regional factors just culminate here in 2020. I think there is a chance of defaulting on debts.

Albayrak is not reliable he is in family with Erdogan, so he'll be lying.
Wow. same as many countries in ME. I was shocked when I knew that Turkey will follow the same path of Lebanon !!
You don't know how much I hate Albayrak.

Last edited:
This thread is a joke

Some have been saying economy is dead or destroyed since 2016 ( after the coup )

But here we are in 2020, 4 years after and still nothing happened of what they say

Even with the Coronavirus which is destroying everyone economy on a global scale TURKEY IS THE ONLY COUNTRY TO OFFER BOTH TREATMENT AND PROTECTIVE MASKS FOR FREE

So yeah keep dreaming the turkish economy is dead for the next 100 years while suggesting zero solution or improvement, pathetic really

Just in 2020 :

-Turkey donated to 60 countries

- Funding more than 6 R&D vaccine projects domestically

- offered Treatment and PPE for free

- provided billions of dollars in aid to farmers and sectors damaged by the virus even after several stimulus packages offered in past years

- Libya operation intensified

- exploration in Meditteranean continues non stop ( which is costly not free )

- US had over 22 million people unemployed in just few weeks, does anyone know how many were laid off in Turkey ?? ( US is #1 economy )

And some people here just ENJOY lying about dead Turkish economy

This thread is a joke

Some have been saying economy is dead or destroyed since 2016 ( after the coup )

But here we are in 2020, 4 years after and still nothing happened of what they say

Even with the Coronavirus which is destroying everyone economy on a global scale TURKEY IS THE ONLY COUNTRY TO OFFER BOTH TREATMENT AND PROTECTIVE MASKS FOR FREE

So yeah keep dreaming the turkish economy is dead for the next 100 years while suggesting zero solution or improvement, pathetic really

Just in 2020 :

-Turkey donated to 60 countries

- Funding more than 6 R&D vaccine projects domestically

- offered Treatment and PPE for free

- provided billions of dollars in aid to farmers and sectors damaged by the virus even after several stimulus packages offered in past years

- Libya operation intensified

- exploration in Meditteranean continues non stop ( which is costly not free )

- US had over 22 million people unemployed in just few weeks, does anyone know how many were laid off in Turkey ?? ( US is #1 economy )

And some people here just ENJOY lying about dead Turkish economy
I just ignore these trolls. Their dream is that turkey is destroyed economically so they can blame akp and Erdogan.
The truth is turkish economy is under attack ever since the country decided to pursue a independent path.
Of course there are problems in the economy unfortunately, but they are not related to its fundamentals, it is only artificially made by attacking the lira. There are external and internal enemies who are attacking the lira constantly. Internal enemies take loans from the bank in lira due to favourable interest rates and then exchange it to the dollar artificially adding pressure on the lira. Since last year the current account deficit has been brought under control and there is no reason for lira to be under pressure unless artificially created

I hope the MIT follow these people

MIT loves me, I point at someone and they get invited to a friendly chat.

Only shitfaced ppl would use MIT’s name to try scare people.

There is not much to be done, but to toughen it out and wait for elections. Ppl are still talking about free masks while ppl on this forum share proof that they can’t get those damn masks that are suppose to be for free. While RTE goes begging for swap and what not using masks and PPE as diplomatic means. My worst fear is any decent government with concious will have to slash many r&d and defence projects to save the economy.

Turkey will not go bankrupt, but living standards will go down. Everything will become more expensive. You think it’s fun selling housing to so many foreigners ? Himata must love having arab neighbors, or russian, or iranian. Maybe you are so fortunate that you don’t have to put up with that experience.

Mehmet_Şimşek_(cropped).jpg
I miss this man , where is he ?

Wow. same as many countries in ME. I was shocked when I knew that Turkey will follow the same path of Lebanon !!
You don't know how much I hate Albayrak.
Turkey won’t follow lebanon’s path because lebanon is sectarian shithole under persian wahhabi and croissant occupation
Lebanon which basically imports everything and has fixed fake currency rate isn’t the best example to compare neither are other ME oil-based countries hence why in recent poll 70% of turkish people are strongly against IMF because that would mean end of Turkey as we know today who would have thought that Egypt once the center of arab nationalism would became slave of their historic enemy but suitable dictator plus IMF money has done the necessary “work”
Turkish lira lost value yesterday during albayrak(guy whom I don’t like too much but can’t attack him for something that’s out of his control) press conference which is very suspicious I wonder why turkish lira devalues only when erdogan or other high ranking official talk about economy..... and also lost value when a fed employee said in veiled words that they won’t do swap line which is pathetic since he isn’t munchin or some senior official to say this
Today turkish lira also lost due to manipulation attacks by several foreign bank including citibank owned by wahhabis but after turkish authorities banned them lira recovered
I could go on and talk a lot but will say only this
Turkey has young population and is regarded among economists as european china due to its big manufacturing output now when the west especially US wants to decouple from China there will be opportunities for turkish economy to rebound

And when I said those things about Lebanon though harsh it wasn’t meant to be disrespectful but that’s the truth Lebanon could’ve been much better country if the sectarian system and the fake exchange rate were abolished long time.....

Turkey won’t follow lebanon’s path because lebanon is sectarian shithole under persian wahhabi and croissant occupation
Lebanon which basically imports everything and has fixed fake currency rate isn’t the best example to compare neither are other ME oil-based countries hence why in recent poll 70% of turkish people are strongly against IMF because that would mean end of Turkey as we know today who would have thought that Egypt once the center of arab nationalism would became slave of their historic enemy but suitable dictator plus IMF money has done the necessary “work”
Turkish lira lost value yesterday during albayrak(guy whom I don’t like too much but can’t attack him for something that’s out of his control) press conference which is very suspicious I wonder why turkish lira devalues only when erdogan or other high ranking official talk about economy..... and also lost value when a fed employee said in veiled words that they won’t do swap line which is pathetic since he isn’t munchin or some senior official to say this
Today turkish lira also lost due to manipulation attacks by several foreign bank including citibank owned by wahhabis but after turkish authorities banned them lira recovered
I could go on and talk a lot but will say only this
Turkey has young population and is regarded among economists as european china due to its big manufacturing output now when the west especially US wants to decouple from China there will be opportunities for turkish economy to rebound
Man don't think I'm happy when I compare Turkey with any shitty ME country. Because I love this country I don't like to see it in a place doesn't deserve to be in it. Yes absolutely the situation in Turkey is different than Lebanon. But when I heard someone talking about default and IMF I said this is like Lebanon. Man I'm ready to write multiple articles about where Turkey should be and the importance of Turkey to the world. Really this country deserve more and more what it have.

Guys I don't know so much in economy but can someone explain what does this mean ?
https://www.fxstreet.com/news/turkey-burning-reserves-and-setting-the-usd-try-fire-tds-202004270746
Desperately trying the last tricks to save the economy, unsuccessfuly i must add.

Are you even living in Turkey?
Some of my relatives are die hard Erdogan fanatics and even they admit they are having a hard time right now, how can you say nothing happened?

Man don't think I'm happy when I compare Turkey with any shitty ME country. Because I love this country I don't like to see it in a place doesn't deserve to be in it. Yes absolutely the situation in Turkey is different than Lebanon. But when I heard someone talking about default and IMF I said this is like Lebanon. Man I'm ready to write multiple articles about where Turkey should be and the importance of Turkey to the world. Really this country deserve more and more what it have.
IMF is cancer for every country especially if your country is trying to do some independent foreign policy
They have ruined Greece with the austerity measures and high taxes if greeks went to war their economy wouldn’t suffer as much as under IMF I can bet on this!!!!
This is a fact that everyone should recognize
How many people were imprisoned in Egypt but all we hear from state department is bashing Turkey for detainment of pkk terrorists we are talking about the same organization that is recognized by US EU and NATO as terrorists
IMF World Bank made table few days ago where they put Egypt before Turkey they are claiming that Egypt has more reserves even though all of us know that its lifeline is thanks to gulf money but Egypt(sisi) has given up from its foreign policy and egyptians have a pass
European newspapers in turkish predicted that there will be half a milion dead due to covid-19 yet we all know what happened
I am talking about the most recent events which western media tried to distort in negative way so whenever some expert talks about Turkey’s bankruptcy I can’t simply take them seriously due to previous deliberate demonization attempts of turks by MSM

Akape supporters !, You all seem to have forgotten about Türkiye's potential wealth.
Nobody expects Turkey will be falling down.
Because we know economical, social, educational and scientific potential of Türkish Republic.
Türkiye Cumhuriyeti wasnt found by your party.
This country had the 15th placeiplace the world economy in the 1975!!! whereas today's place just God knows!

Akape supporters !, You all seem to have forgotten about Türkiye's potential wealth.
Nobody expects Turkey will be falling down.
Because we know economical, social, educational and scientific potential of Türkish Republic.
Türkiye Cumhuriyeti wasnt found by your party.
This country had the 15th placeiplace the world economy in the 1975!!! whereas today's place just God knows!
Still was a weak country in 1975. It doesn't mean anything if you don't build your own things. Just look at Saudi a huge economy but means nothing when you don't make your own things and do your own way.

The whole world is getting $hagged as we speak and the future is uncertain and here Turkey is doing well in the pandemic yet cannot kill the artificially created problem with the lira. Why cant they use the Gold Standard?

Back
Top Bottom