What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
leave it tell me best places for visit i am making my mind to visit turkey for 10 to 15 days is all kind of drinks available for tourists there ?:D

leave it tell me best places for visit i am making my mind to visit turkey for 10 to 15 days is all kind of drinks available for tourists there ?:D

There is no alcohol restrictions in Turkey. You can drink whatever you want.

PS: Don't forget to drink Rakı.

200px-Yeni_Raki.jpg

if you go to fethiye you will be like am i in england full of brits , living there.

Zulkerneyn i still didnt get answers of you. You posting pink tables here but doesnt answer the fact that the total foreign debt was 130 bilion dollar in 2002 and in 2012 it rised up to 318 bilion dollar. Import is higher then export. What you talking about?

ECONOMICS - Turkey to decrease debt burden to 37 pct in 2012

Turkey, already an enviable economy in debt-ridden and stagnating Europe with its growing economy, seems to be polishing its public financial records by lowering the public debt level.

The ratio of Turkey’s public debt to its gross domestic product (GDP), which is below 40 percent, will fall further to 37 percent by the end of the year, said Central Bank Governor Erdem Başçı at a meeting in the eastern province of Elazığ July 6.

One of the most important factors that decouples Turkey from Europe is the public debt burden, Başçı said at the meeting titled “Monetary Policies,” organized jointly by the Central Bank, daily Dünya and the Elazığ Trade and Industry Chamber according to the Anatolia news agency.

Still questionable whether we have actually less debt or will the debt to GDP ratio be smaller because the GDP is growing steadily, but the debt is in fact the same.

Turkey, Iraq work on Basra oil exports

Turkey’s energy ministry has started technical work with Iraq’s central government on shipping crude oil from Basra in southern Iraq via the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline to Turkey’s Mediterranean coast and on to world markets, its minister said on July 6, according to Reuters.

The announcement came days after the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in northern Iraq said it might begin selling natural gas directly to Turkey within two years, a move that was expected to further strain Ankara’s ties with Baghdad.

“We have launched technical work with the Iraq central government on bringing Basra crude oil from Kirkuk to Ceyhan and from there to world markets,” the ministry quoted Energy Minister Taner Yıldız as saying.

Speaking in the northwestern province of Edirne on June 6, Yıldız signaled private companies will be included in the project.

“The primary goal is to increase the capacity of the Kirkuk-Yumurtalık crude oil pipeline, and we have extended the agreement for 15 years,” Yıldız said, according to Anatolia news agency.
Turkey is interested in participating in developing and increasing the capacity of a 1,200-kilometer pipeline in Iraq, he added.

“Iraqi officials said their needs of petroleum products are not met,” Yıldız said, adding that the private sector could play a role in meeting such demands when the necessary official documents are obtained.
Iraq is expected to provide the world’s largest expansion in oil export capacity in 2012 due to the opening of two floating single point mooring (SPM) terminals in the Gulf earlier this year. That increase is adding to global supplies as sanctions curb shipments from Iran.

Iraq is the second-biggest market for Turkish exports, amounting to more than $8 billion last year, after Germany.

But Turkish officials have been locked in a war of words with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki since December, when he ordered the arrest of Sunni Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi, based on allegations that he ran death squads. Turkey has accused Shiite Maliki of stirring ethnic tension. The Iraqi prime minister has accused Turkey of meddling in its affairs.

In recent years, Ankara has also cultivated growing trade ties with the KRG in the north, which accounts for some 70 percent of Turkey’s exports to Iraq.

ECONOMICS - Turkey, Iraq work on Basra oil exports

That looks quite impressive. I wonder which sectors was the reason we've got so high a GDP.

Free zones become trade and employment base

In the free zones, the total trade volume reached 22 billion 646 million dollars in Turkey in 2011 while 54 thousand people were employed in these zones. Total trade volume reached 22 billion 646 million dollars in 19 free zones in Turkey last year and more than 54 people were employed in these areas. According to the data of Ministry of Economy, the free zones operating in Turkey for 27 years provide a major contribution to national economy and employment.

The free zones whose number has reached 19 over the years were established in 1985 in order to encourage export-oriented investment and production, to accelerate the entry of foreign direct investment and technology, to direct businesses to make export and to develop international trade in Turkey. These zones are listed as the Aegean Free Zone, Bursa Free Zone, Mersin Free Zone, Antalya Free Zone, Industrial and Commercial Free Zone in Istanbul, Kocaeli Free Zone, TUBITAK-Mam Tech. Free Zone, the European Free Trade Zone, Free Zone, Izmir, Kayseri Free Zone, Istanbul Thrace Free Zone, Istanbul Ataturk Airport Free Zone, Adana-Yumurtalik Free Zone, Samsun Free Zone, Gaziantep Free Trade Zone, Trabzon Free Zone, Denizli Free Zone, Mardin Free Zone and Rize Free Zone.

Industry sector is the leader

Among the sectors operating in free zones, "industrial products" took the first place with 87.19 percent last year. "Herbal products" sector was the second with 6.16 percent. The share of "processed agricultural products" ranking third was 5.77 percent. "Aquaculture" sector which was 0.02 percent had the least share last year.

Turkey took first place in trade made from Free Zones with a share of 37.40 percent and a volume of 8 billion 468 million dollars last year. EU member states became second with a share of 31.99 percent and a volume of 7 billion 245 million dollars and North Africa and Middle East countries were the third with a share of 8.20 percent and the amount of 857 million and 1 billion dollars.

source:Free zones become trade and employment base

Turkey traders turn to Middle East
Turkey is looking to the Middle East to boosts its economy as trade from Europe begins to slow down.

Turkey has seen impressive economic growth in the past decade, but with the eurozone now struggling the country's economic focus is shifting.

Katy Watson reports from Istanbul

press this site to watch the video
BBC News - Turkey traders turn to Middle East

Roles have changed

Türkiye ile bir zamanların korkulu rüyası olan Uluslararası Para Fonu (IMF) rolleri değiştirdi.

IMF’nin Acil Yardım Fonu’na verilecek 5 milyar dolarlık fon için Merkez Bankası tam gaz çalışıyor.

Vatan gazetesinden Gülümhan Gültekin'in haberine göre, bundan sonra IMF’deki Türkiye Masası Şefi gibi Merkez Bankası’nın da IMF Masası Şefi olacak. Artık Türkiye, IMF’ye gözden geçirme ziyareti yapacak.
Türkiye’nin, IMF’nin Acil Yardım Fonu’na 5 milyar dolarla katılacağı açıklanmasının ardından, IMF-Türkiye arasında söz konusu sözleşmeden kaynaklı yeni bir durumun perde arkası da ortaya çıktı.

Müzakerelerin gündemini Merkez Bankası’nın bu paranın IMF kullanımına verilmesine ilişkin getirdiği koşullar oluştururken, IMF’nin bu parayı alabilmesi için Merkez Bankası’nın getirdiği şartlara da uyması gerekiyor.

Buna göre Merkez Bankası’nın söz konusu fonla ilgili IMF’ye belirli aralıklarla ‘gözden geçirme’ yapması gerekecek. Böylece bu güne kadar IMF heyetinin gözden geçirme ziyaretlerinin gerilimini yaşayan Türkiye, bu rolünü tersine çevirirek IMF’yi gözden geçirme ziyaretleriyle denetlemiş olacak.

Türkiye IMF'yi gözden geçirecek - Ekonomi Gündemi- ntvmsnbc.com

2. ÇEYREK BÜYÜME RAKAMLARI AÇIKLANDI

Türkiye ekonomisi yılın ikinci çeyreğinde ne kadar büyüdü? İşte büyüme rakamları

Türkiye İstatistik Kurumu büyüme rakamlarını açıkladı.

Buna göre Türkiye ekonomisi yılın ikinci çeyreğinde yüzde 2,9 oranında büyüme kaydetti.

Turkish economy grew 2.9% in the second quarter

2. Çeyrek Büyüme Rakamlar? Aç?kland? 10 Eylül 2012 10:06

Bazı arkadaşlarımız AKP yönetiminin ekonomide olan başarısıyla övünüyor ve Kemalistlerin ekonomide nasıl başarısız olduğundan bahsediyordu. Ama ekonomi işte. Bu işin ideolojisi filan olmaz.

Bir değerlendirme yapmak gerekirse, kırsal alanda çiftçi ve esnaf bitti. Faizciler, bankalar vs. ümüğünü sıktı insanların. -AKP'nin takdir ettiğim politikalarından biri de faizcilere göz açtırmaması bu arada.- Eğer durum böyle devam ederse iki seçenek var; ya tarım büyük özel şirketlerin eline geçecek (which is a good thing) ya da insanlar büyük şehirlere göçe devam edecek ve ülkede tarım bitecek.(gayet olası bir durum) TİKA gibi kurumların işlevselliğinin kaybet(tiril)mesi de çok büyük hataydı. Azerbaycan'ın enerji sektörüne yapılan yatırımların %15'i Türk'müş sadece. Bence bu rakam az. Keza Türkmenistan'da da durum aynı. Kazakistan'da neredeyse yokuz! Bunlar zengin gaz yataklarına sahip ülkeler. Hem de Arap ülkelerindeki gibi kabilelerle filan uğraşmana gerek kalmayacak ülkeler. Tek ihtiyacın güçlü bir istihbarat servisi. Milyonlar dışarıya, gaza akıyor.
AKP başta çok iyi gidiyordu. Sonra sapmalar oldu. Türk halkının çıkarları gözetileceğine pan-İslamist görüşlere kayıldı. Her şey Türkiye için olmalı. Bizim iyiliğimiz için.

European crisis will effect Turkey. We can't do anything but searching new markets.

Bazı arkadaşlarımız AKP yönetiminin ekonomide olan başarısıyla övünüyor ve Kemalistlerin ekonomide nasıl başarısız olduğundan bahsediyordu. Ama ekonomi işte. Bu işin ideolojisi filan olmaz.

Bir değerlendirme yapmak gerekirse, kırsal alanda çiftçi ve esnaf bitti. Faizciler, bankalar vs. ümüğünü sıktı insanların. -AKP'nin takdir ettiğim politikalarından biri de faizcilere göz açtırmaması bu arada.- Eğer durum böyle devam ederse iki seçenek var; ya tarım büyük özel şirketlerin eline geçecek (which is a good thing) ya da insanlar büyük şehirlere göçe devam edecek ve ülkede tarım bitecek.(gayet olası bir durum) TİKA gibi kurumların işlevselliğinin kaybet(tiril)mesi de çok büyük hataydı. Azerbaycan'ın enerji sektörüne yapılan yatırımların %15'i Türk'müş sadece. Bence bu rakam az. Keza Türkmenistan'da da durum aynı. Kazakistan'da neredeyse yokuz! Bunlar zengin gaz yataklarına sahip ülkeler. Hem de Arap ülkelerindeki gibi kabilelerle filan uğraşmana gerek kalmayacak ülkeler. Tek ihtiyacın güçlü bir istihbarat servisi. Milyonlar dışarıya, gaza akıyor.
AKP başta çok iyi gidiyordu. Sonra sapmalar oldu. Türk halkının çıkarları gözetileceğine pan-İslamist görüşlere kayıldı. Her şey Türkiye için olmalı. Bizim iyiliğimiz için.

European crisis will effect Turkey. We can't do anything but searching new markets.

I agree with most of this but i have some further input.
I don't think Turkish leaders have pan-islamist visions, lead by Turkey. But i do think that spearheaded by Davutoglu Turkey strives to further its influence in former Ottoman territory.
About agriculture. I am sure that big agricultural companies will fill the gap when villagers move to the big cities. Turkey's agriculture has been characterized by enormous ineffectiveness with very primitive methods. I know there are some big corporations such as Ülker and Pinar that is developing into agricultural giants.
Though this will undoubtedly hit many village families, but this is nevertheless a neccesary step in order to be more effective.

Back
Top Bottom