What's new

Turkish Directed Energy Weapons

ELTurco

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkish High Power Laser Weapon System Project

http://tubitak.gov.tr/sites/default/files/tbtkardeb-savtag-1007-yglls-cagri-130524.pdf

yaglazer_zpsef40a77a.jpg

They are working on laser weapons 72 months development time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey's Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology Nihat Ergun said Monday Turkey would complete the project of producing laser guns in 5 years.

Ergun stated Turkey was among the developing powers in the world and said demands in fields of defence industry were subjects of researches by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) and later turned into products.

"Laser guns are significant defence weapons to annihilate drones and guided missiles," said Ergun. "US leading, there are many countries doing research and developing laser guns. Turkey is one of those countries soon to have its own laser guns. I hope, the project will be completed in the next 5 years. This is not a project of mass production, it is a 'research and development' project. The production planning will be made following the results of research and development process."

This project was fist started by my friends at ODTU in 1995 (it was shut down 7 times before that due to pressure by US embassy). Later in 1999 it was transferred to TUBITAK, I think as part of new optronics division. The people who worked on it's precursor technologies were all Physics & Maths Olympiads. I also played a small insignificant role @ the beginning in setting up computational lab.

Turkey's Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology Nihat Ergun said Monday Turkey would complete the project of producing laser guns in 5 years.

Ergun stated Turkey was among the developing powers in the world and said demands in fields of defence industry were subjects of researches by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) and later turned into products.

"Laser guns are significant defence weapons to annihilate drones and guided missiles," said Ergun. "US leading, there are many countries doing research and developing laser guns. Turkey is one of those countries soon to have its own laser guns. I hope, the project will be completed in the next 5 years. This is not a project of mass production, it is a 'research and development' project. The production planning will be made following the results of research and development process."

Is this not the same guy who said Turkey would have space ships if they weren't stopped by outside powers?Any way, looking forward to it.

another joke

have you read it complateley bro the minister says that
I hope, the project will be completed in the next 5 years. This is not a project of mass production, it is a 'research and development' project. The production planning will be made following the results of research and development process."

I think firstly Pakistan Army and Pakistan Navy should form up their own Electrical and Electronics divisions like PAC have its own avionics one. Then KRL, NESCOM and PAC along with PA and PN Electrical and Electronics divisions should join in to do JV with Chinese, Russians and especially EU countries over the development of many things...

This project was fist started by my friends at ODTU in 1995 (it was shut down 7 times before that due to pressure by US embassy). Later in 1999 it was transferred to TUBITAK, I think as part of new optronics division. The people who worked on it's precursor technologies were all Physics & Maths Olympiads. I also played a small insignificant role @ the beginning in setting up computational lab.

What was US threatening you with? :blink:

Nope, before me. They spoke to your government at time -> who spoke to chacellor of ODTU -> who pressured physics department to shut down the accelerated Physics program, (7 students) working on such projects from physcis + 7 from EE Electrical and Electronics + 3 from maths department.

Btw, that was the exact same time (around) 1993 when EE started their work on F16 radars, they formed the first lab. Then this lab was shifted to TUBITAK, and then Bilkent and others started taking part in the project.

That was the start of technical revolution in Turkey, minus couple of economic crisis on the way. During those times you didn't have the ability to produce a light bulb, then it all started picking up pace from 1999.

ODTU students played a pivotal role in your technical development, and many Pakistanis in-fact as well.

Baykuş;4447675 said:
What was US threatening you with? :blink:

Soon all missiles and drones will have mirror coating...

Soon all missiles and drones will have mirror coating...

What if the laser is tuned to such wavelengths the mirror cannot reflect? Also, the mirror does not "reflect", but absorbs and then re emits. It would heat up in between and deform.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom