What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

I hope the Air Force keeps away from the KC-46 as far as possible. The whole project is a Fiasko coupled with a way overpriced price tag for each aircraft.

One of the biggest and best known cases of corruption in the US procurement history. Airbus took a big dump on Boeing before they played all their domestic cards and bought officials.

d9b9fedbf91a9181e824d926668ba200.jpg

I couldn't find the right place to ask questions here.

Is Turkey open to acquire some additional F4 Phantom from ex operators and upgrade them locally? As Turkey loves Phantom and they are the best strike aircraft in the world.

Is Turkey open to acquire some additional F4 Phantom from ex operators and upgrade them locally? As Turkey loves Phantom and they are the best strike aircraft in the world.

No such plan as of right now but since the F-35's are not arriving anytime soon, we might further modernize & maintain the current F-4 2020 fleet for a few more years.

Turkey signed its first Phantom upgrade in 1994, selecting Israel Aerospace Industries to modify 54 aircraft as F-4E 2020 Terminators. Deliveries of the improved model started in 2000, and it is now operated by the air force. Non-modernized aircraft were scrapped or torn for spare parts. I think this has been the answer to your question.

Turkey signed its first Phantom upgrade in 1994, selecting Israel Aerospace Industries to modify 54 aircraft as F-4E 2020 Terminators. Deliveries of the improved model started in 2000, and it is now operated by the air force. Non-modernized aircraft were scrapped or torn for spare parts. I think this has been the answer to your question.

I think if the aircraft is in good shape then I'm sure they want to acquire some.

Some information on the Hurkus-B crash, tail number 17-102.
Initial investigation suggests that there was control lock-up and the pilots were not able to control the aircraft. Investigations still on-going.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom