What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Tomorrow PM Davutoğlu will make presentation of Domestic Regional Airliner Project...

Yerli yolcu uçağını Başbakan Davutoğlu anlatacak

1.JPG

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

A very good start. A safe bet. A proven and accepted design. A very good fit for Turkish domestic needs and the needs of many countries in the region. I think it's better than starting with a bigger plane. Possibly sales numbers can reach several hundred in less than a decade. Like coach companies, many aviation companies can emerge, just add some entrepreneurs, anyone?

A very good start. A safe bet. A proven and accepted design. A very good fit for Turkish domestic needs and the needs of many countries in the region. I think it's better than starting with a bigger plane. Possibly sales numbers can reach several hundred in less than a decade. Like coach companies, many aviation companies can emerge, just add some entrepreneurs, anyone?

From what i know we will eventually go to building planes with 100 seats aswell.

Okay details emerged... project will have 2 phase.

In first phase TRJ328 (jet engined) and T328 (turboprop) will be produced based on Dornier-328. It is going to have 32 seat capacity.

In second a phase a new plane will be desined. It's name will be TRJ628 with 60-70 seat capacity. TAI, Aselsan, TEI, Havelsan, THY Technic, Alp AeroSpace, KaleAero, TCI, TSI will take part in it's production. First plane will fly in 2023. (I'm not sure if it is maiden flight or completion of certification process.)
TRJ628'in yolcu kapasitesi 70!
İşte yerli yolcu uçağının teknik özellikleri! | AIRPORT Haberleri

I have to say, plane looking fvcken awesome.... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why go for a more complicated T- Tail design.

It is probably associated with other design elements of the plane like high wings. Wings and tails are arranged so that they use the airstream without much interference.

Ok let's setup a huge part of our Air Force in short & mid term... :D

I think these are potential platforms to be replaced... I know, for example C-160 will be replaced with A400Ms but you know we already know there are plans for having bigger Air Force... 8-)

I also think that ASELSAN waited this project for AIR SOJ and other EW projects... What do you think bro. @cabatli_53 ?..

1.JPG

Ok let's setup a huge part of our Air Force in short & mid term... :D

I think these are potential platforms to be replaced... I know, for example C-160 will be replaced with A400Ms but you know we already know there are plans for having bigger Air Force... 8-)

I also think that ASELSAN waited this project for AIR SOJ and other EW projects... What do you think bro. @cabatli_53 ?..

View attachment 225181

Brother, I personally think 328 will serve more for military cargo, ambulance, naval surveillance, electronic attack, VIP, ISR, anti-submarine warfare purposes instead of civilian but 628 is a perfect cost/effective solution for regional airliner project. It seems that fifty 328 variant will be manufactured both TJ and T variants and Many will be modified in accordance with different military and civilian purposes.

If you reach more details about project and ownership model, Please share bro because the rate of critical production to be done in Turkey is the subject I am interested more in seriously. Turkey should be an airliner production center and Kazan should be the main production base. Otherwise, Such projects never serve the benefits of our industry.

g2l4lxoufsybndcxq1hb.jpg

628 will be the bigger variant of this beauty with 70-80 seat capable.
trj6-jpg.225155

Bye bye Casa, Lockheed, Airbus and Boeing. :closed:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom