What's new

Turkish Armed Forces Multimedia Center

xMustiiej70

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello all.
Please only post pictures of Turkish Armed Forces.
and a request to all turkish members and turkey supporters/lovers or whatever.
try to up-to-date this thread evey day with new pictures.

50s9lf.jpg

34790nt.jpg

2ypatmh.jpg

x5tx8k.jpg

Musti remove last picture........its against forum rules.
And isnt tht the russian draganov sniper>?
I have a turkish friend from ur commando unit of gu....
he tells me its turkish but its an exact copy of russian draganov care to explain?
And do u still use M-60 Tanks?and how many and wat abt specs of sabra tank.
Thanks

Musti remove last picture........its against forum rules.
And isnt tht the russian draganov sniper>?
I have a turkish friend from ur commando unit of gu....
he tells me its turkish but its an exact copy of russian draganov care to explain?
And do u still use M-60 Tanks?and how many and wat abt specs of sabra tank.
Thanks

M-60 Tanks are used A1/A3s 750ish are still in service for terror operations. M60T(Sabra) 170 and Leo2A4s 298 (with more on order) i have never seen used against the PKK. They are for country defense most likely.

Sabra - Main Battle Tank Developed by Israel Military Industries Slavin - Army Technology

Plz read this for Sabra specs and info.

Jigs can u explain Turk involvement in sabra upgrade.......It looks cool.
And why didnt u go for abrams?or just retired these ancient mamoths? ur in NATO and could access it easily or any other tank instead of M-60s? and will rest 750 M60s be upgraded also?
Thanks

Last edited:
Jigs can u explain Turk involvement in sabra upgrade.......It looks cool.
And why didnt u go for abrams?ur in NATO and could access it easily or anyother tank instead of M-60s? and will rest 750 M60s be upgraded also?
Thanks

Well sure we first choose the MK-II there are 3 MKs. 688 million dollar contract was signed for the upgrade of 170 M-60A3 tanks to Sabra MK-II level.

The tanks were upgraded by the Turkish military's 2nd Main Maintenance Center with Israeli cooperation. All the systems except the armor package were built under license with technology transfer in Turkey.

So that was the story of the Sabra and no i don't believe we plan on upgrading our Remaining M60s. We are making our own new Altay tank and it will probably replace all the M-48/M-60 variants in service. We also operate 398 Leopard 1Ts which are upgraded by us they use a much more advanced fire control system. These along with the Leopard 2A4s which are undergoing the same fire control system upgrade. (this one being more advanced) Should hold us till we get our Altay tanks. Plus the Abrams has a turbine engine that burns fuel like no other. In iraq they had to follow them around with fuel trucks. The engine gives them very good performance at the cost of fuel and range.

Altay_tank.jpg

Official Altay tank concept.

F-4 2020 Terminator.
111th Panthers

Cnv00028.jpg
Second F-4 2020 Terminator squadron.

171th Pirates. These guys have seen combat hours. Bombing PKK positions.

Wrong section to open such a picture thread and No need to post a dead PKK terorist picture.

imav0730070102.jpg

My Favorite picture :smitten:

The 151th squadron.

Armed to the teeth and one of 3(other squadrons) that are used for SEAD roles.

From wingtip down. AIM-120 AMRAAM active radar homing (Fire and forget)...Pitbull hehe. Aim-9 Sidewinder active infrared Guided. And finally the AGM-88 HARM for the SEAD role. To take out those Radars "Magnum":sniper:

Back
Top Bottom