What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Hisar SAM family projects:

1- Hisar MANPAD VSHORAD 4km altitude, 6km range (2018)
2- Hisar-A Low Altitude IIR 10km altitude, 16+km range, 4m length, 230kg weight, Oct 2020
3- Hisar-O Medium Altitude IIR 15km altitude, 25+km range (Ismail Demir stated 40km) 4,5m length, 300kg weight, 2021
4- Hisar-ON (Nokta) Long Altitude Medium Range RF, 20km altitude, 50km range
5- Hisar-OD (Naval) Rim-7 Sea Sparrow replacement, RIM-162 equivalent on performance.
6- Hisar-U Long Altitude Long Range, IIR-RF seeker, 20+km Altitude, 150km range

S&H 175
Hisar family A altitude extention from 5km to 10km is real?

We need them Toyota mounted just like a big stinger 16 km range min 10km altitude..
Would be good to have that if we ever have to fight guerilla tactics.. Still I don't think that I am paranoid..

Well, I'd like to know if the Hisar family members can function as standalone system. I assume that the ones cabatli didn't put a date on are ones we can build today.

We need them Toyota mounted just like a big stinger 16 km range min 10km altitude..
Would be good to have that if we ever have to fight guerilla tactics.. Still I don't think that I am paranoid..

How could this vehicle search and track enemy objects?

How could this vehicle search and track enemy objects?

with optics..

I said big stinger this is your answer :D when you face an enemy that is far advanced and far stronger than you and you have to fight guerilla tactics than you will be happy to be able to hit targets above what a normal stinger can hit.. no radar no detection but less capabilities..

and nowadays I would say we dont know if we will be attacked by secterians, a big coalition or whatever..

Searching 16 km range from optics without radars? Waovvvv. You need one more extrasence, to understand from which destination object is aproaching:)
Or gun operator must turn around permanently 360 degree.

Senin dedigin RAM sistemi. Stingerin uzatilmis hali. Stingerin ucuz IR arayici basligi, sidewinderin roket motoruyla birlestirilmis.
Firkateynlerin,korvetlerin hava radarini kullaniyorlar.

Thats why RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile system uses radar.

It must be that system you told.
M48 Chaparral
Short-range air defense missile system
m48_chaparral.jpg

The MIM-72G is propelled by the Hercules M121 smokeless solid-rocket motor. It has the same top speed and ceiling, but the range has been increased to 30 000 m. The new M250 warheads is a 12.6 kg annular blast munition. The minimum effective altitude and range of the MIM-72G remain unchanged from the MIM-72A.

The M48 vehicle lacks either search or targeting radar, and relies on a separate radar set for long-range detection and tracking of aerial targets. It does however possess an IFF system.
http://www.military-today.com/missiles/m48_chaparral.htm

Last edited:
"Sapan has made Turkey the 3rd country in the world that can design and produce an EM railgun after USA and UK." A Haber

Is that true, guys?

It's a prototype, calm down A haber pls.
US version is way more advanced afaik.

Unlike Sapan, they are either under development or may be on their way to key breakthrough.
"A Chinese defense contractor may be on its way to key breakthroughs in railgun weaponry."

"The enlargement of the hull was conceived in order to provide a necessary growth space for advanced naval weapon systems that are currently under development in Japan, and will be incrementally added to the ships' arsenal as they are developed -- such as railguns and laser point-defense systems."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom