What's new

Turkic - Anatolian Music

yeah mate. generally you come, ask questions and disappear :D how's it going? did you manage to apply for universities in eskişehir?
yeah i did im just busy right now :D tomorrow at 10:00 is my exam for osmangazi i just feel im getting Explode :D

Never heard of this instrument before "Iklığ"

I guess its the same word as Igil(Tuvan instrument) ? @telkon

sounds alike name sounds alike and the instrument itself but anatolian one is used different.. you could be right :D

i've heard of ıklığ, but generally it's known as "bir çeşit kabak kemane" tho, it's different than kemane. resemblance to tuvan instrument is clear and most probably names come from the same root. but, IMO ıklığ is closer to kyrgyz kıl-kıyak. compare

1. authentic version:

2. more modern arrangement:

@telkon

Also did you notited the thing at the end of the instrument that kind of looks like horse head ?

@telkon

Also did you notited the thing at the end of the instrument that kind of looks like horse head ?

yep. türk olduğu zaten at, koç veya kartal şeklinde başlık takılmasından belli.

just for kicks; kyrgyz folk group Turan playing various instruments:

So much potential, those poor villagers barely keeping that culture alive, hope more young and proffessional people realize its importance and resurrect and standartize it.

Those guys are doing an awesome job, not only by playing instruments, but also finding last masters at villages and recording them.

Back
Top Bottom