What's new

Turkic - Anatolian Music

this girl forget the lyrics there are no lyrics :D
forget her voice :D
just the turkis saz is ok and sounds good :D

this one is better but there is no real lyric at all its normal for this kind of music..
the kind of music is played in our region at weddings :D

Altai Kai. Komyzim. Traditional Siberian music.

Altai-Kai - Кара-суу (Родник) (Kara Suu, black/dark water)

ALTAI culture - Tuva - In memory of Kül Tegin - Külteginin Hiygizi
Uploaded on Aug 24, 2009
Official orcherstra of the tuvan ministry of culture. The song is dedicated to Kul Tigin (Kül (Köl, Gül, Göl) Tigin (Tegin)[Prince Kul] Khan Bengü İnançu Apa Tarkan) 闕特勒 (685 - 731 or 732 CE) was a famous general of the Second Kaganate of "Kök Türük". He was a second son of legendary Ilterish Shad (Kutlugh) and the younger brother of Bilge Kagan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kül-Tigin Monument
translation of the stele (found in Mongolia) in memory of Kül Tigin, which included inscriptions in both the Turkic and Chinese, erected to his memory.

Here an example of the inscription:
Eastern face

When the blue sky above and the dark earth below were created, between the two were created the sons of men. Above the sons of men were upraised my ancestors Boumin kagan and Istemi kagan. Having become masters, they governed and established the empire and the institutions of the Turkic people. In the four corners of the world they had many enemies, but making expeditions with armies, they submitted and pacified many peoples in the four corners of the world; they made them bow their heads and bend their knees; they made them settle in front (i.e., towards the east) as far as the forest of Kadirkan, and in the rear (i.e., to the west) as far as the Iron Gate. So far between these two (farthest points) the Blue Turks extended themselves as sovereigns. They were wise kagans, they were vigilant kagans; all their officers were wise, were vigilant; all their nobles, their entire people, were just. That is why they were able to govern such a great empire and, in governing the empire, provide laws. They in turn passed away. Crying and lamenting came from the front, from the direction of the rising sun, the powerful peoples of the desert (i.e., foreigners?), the Chinese, the Tibetans, the Apar and Apourim, the Kirghiz, the Three-Kourikans, the Thirty-Tatars, the Kitai, the Tatabi-all these peoples came to lament and cry: so vigilant had been these kagans. After this their younger brothers became kagans, and their sons became kagans; but then the younger brothers were not made like their older brothers, the sons were not made like their fathers. Kagans without wisdom, weak kagans came to the throne; their officers were all without wisdom, were weak. And as their nobles and their people were [?], and because of (the amenity and the charm?) of the Chinese people, and of (its insinuation?), and as the (partisans of?) the younger brothers and the (partisans of?) the older brothers organised plots against one another, and that those who supported the nobles and those who supported the people experienced quarrels against one another, the Turkic people brought about the dissolution of its empire, which had become its empire, and brought about the ruin of its kagan, which had become its kagan. The sons of the nobles became slaves of the Chinese people, their pure daughters became their serfs. The nobles of the Turks abandoned their Turkic titles and, bearing the chinese titles of the dignitaries of China , submitted themselves to the chinese kagan and promised him for fifty years their labour and their force. In front, towards the rising sun, they made expeditions as far as the mighty kagan; behind (i.e., towards the west) they made expeditions as far as the Iron Gate ; but to the chinese kagan they delivered their empire and their institutions. But collectively the tiny Turkic people spoke thus: 'I have been a people with its own empire; where (now) is the glory(?) of my empire? To whom will I win an empire?'-thus they spoke. 'I have been a people that had its own kagan; where (now) is my kagan? To which kagan will I promise my labour and my force?'-thus they spoke. Thus speaking they made themselves the enemies of the Chinese kagan. Having become their enemies, they took up anew the hope of confederating and organising themselves. But as all of these no longer thought of promising them their work and their force, they (i.e., the Chinese) said: 'I wish to kill the Turkic people and will render it without posterity', and they set off to annihilate them. But the god of the Turks above in the sky and the spirit saints of the earth and the water of the Turks did as follows: so that the Turkic people should not be annihilated, and so that they could again become a people, they raised by father the kagan Elteres and my mother the katan Ilbilge, holding them at the peak of the sky. My father the kagan set off with twenty-seven men, and hearing the sound that he has come out and is moving forward, those who had been in the towns, went up into the mountains, and those who had been in the mountains descended, and having been reunited, they were seventy men. As the sky was giving them power, the army of my father was like wolves, and its enemies were like ewes.

found the lyrics for kara su

Mönkünen akkan Kara Suu
İçerim de cakşızın
Möş bürkegen Altayım
Cüreğimde carajın
Tabırap akkan Kara Suu
İçerim de cakşızın
Tal bürkegen Altayda
Cürerim de cakşızın
Tayganan akkan Kara Suu
İçerim de cakşızın
Taş cabıngan taygalar
Körörim de carajın
Tolgolıp akkan Kara Suu
Keçüzine baş bolsın
Torko sındu Altaydın
Ajuzına baş bolsın

Türkçe
Kara Su
Karlı dağlardan akan Kara Su
İçeyim de iyileşeyim
Sedir ağaçlarıyla örtülü Altay'ım
Yüreğimde saklansın
Şırıldayarak akan Kara Su
İçeyim de iyileşeyim
Söğütlerle örtülü Altay'da
Yürüyeyim de iyileşeyim
Dağlardan akan Kara Su
İçeyim de iyileşeyim
Taşla kaplanmış dağları
Göreyim de rahatlayayım
Dalgalanıp akan Kara Su
Geçidine şükür olsun
İpek gibi güzel Altay'ın
Gediğine şükür olsun
Kara Suu Çeviri, AkorMerkezi.com'da yayınlanmıştır.
Akor Merkezi // Müzik ve Müzisyen Merkezi

Kaynak: <a href='http://www.akormerkezi.com/altai-ka...-kara-suu-turkce-ceviri_sarki-pdfpvn.html</a>

McIntire Department of Music

Altai Kai: Throat Singers from Central Asia
Wednesday, October 11th, 3:30pm - Room 107 Old Cabell Hall — 9:00pm - Twisted Branch Tea Bazaar

altaikai.jpg

On Wednesday, October 11th, the Twisted Branch Tea Bazaar will be host to a truly unique international exchange. A group of 8 musicians and "throat singers" from the remote mountains of the Altai Republic in Central Asia will perform their remarkable singing style that has literally baffled music scholars across the globe.

The visitors are members of a well known performing group, Altai Kai, consisting of the finest musicians in their region performing the traditional "throat singing" of Central Asia. They also perform on handmade string musical instruments and native flutes.

The troupe has won numerous competitions and is famous in Asia and Eastern Europe. In 2005 they won a UNESCO international competition for world music. Their nation, the Altai Republic, has established a site devoted to their music on the World Wide Web, and a Czech site allows the downloading of their music (Google Altai Kai for a sampling of these sites and a dozen others created by fans of these musicians).

Throat singing has become a favorite world music style in recent years; knowledge of it has been spread by the cult movie "Genghis Blues," the touring of the Silk Road ensembles of Yo-Yo Ma, by troupes of Tibetan Monks, and by singers from Tuva, a region that borders Altai. The style is also found in Mongolia, but many of the finest singers have always been from the Altai Mountains.

Throat singing differs from other singing in that a single singer produces two or three distinct tones at the same time. This is accomplished by creating audible overtones. All tones produce overtones, resonate notes far up the sonic ladder from the fundamental tone. These usually cannot be heard, as the fundamental tone is louder. But the Altai learned to make the overtone as loud as the fundamental tone that produces it by altering the shape of resonate cavities in the mouth, larynx, and pharynx. It is an eerily beautiful effect, one of the greatest virtuosic skills in the music of the world.

The members of Altai Kai are devoted to the preservation of their ancient arts and have organized and conducted festivals. Their primary string instrument, the topshur, has been known for a thousand years. Their singing style and musical poems are handed down in families and clans.

There are some 200,000 people in Altai, living in villages scattered among mountains, lakes, and taiga. Their language is Altianan, an ancient Turkic tongue, and their closest neighbors are the Tuvans and Uigurs of middle Asia. Altai is one of the cradles of ancient civilization, and the Scythians left many monuments there. Other ancient people passed by, among them the Huns and the White Horde that galloped out of Asia to challenge the Romans.

It is a place of stunning beauty, with snowy mountains peaks that reach 13,500 feet, and crystal lakes and glaciers. It is far north, and has challenging weather; summer temperatures may reach 100 degrees, but may dive to 80 below zero in winter. It is bordered by Mongolia, Kazakhstan, China, and Tibet. The Altai are herders of sheep, and yaks, and are much devoted to horsemanship. Once part the Soviet empire, Altai is now a member of the Russian Federation.

Culture there has been influenced by missionary Buddhist monks who came from Tibet (and learned throat singing) and by missionaries of the Russian Orthodox Church who came in Czarist times.

In addition to their performance in Charlottesville, Altai Kai are a headlining act at the 68th National Folk Festival, to be held in Richmond on the weekend of October 13-15.
Altay people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Uriankhai people were annexed by the Oirat Zunghars in the 16th century. After the fall of the Zunghar Khanate in the 18th century, the Uriankhai were subjugated by the Qing Dynasty; and their one part, Altayans, was called by the Qing court as Altan Nuur Uriyangkhai.[5] They have had skills in metalworking dating back to the 2nd millennium BC.[6] The Altay came into contact with Russians in the 18th century. In the tsarist period, the Altay were known as oirot or oyrot (this name means oirat and would later be carried on for the Oyrot Autonomous Oblast). The Altay report that many of them became addicted to the Russians' vodka, which they called "fire water".[7]

The Altay were originally nomadic, with a lifestyle based on hunting / trapping and pastoralism (mainly cattle, sheep, goats), but many of them settled as a result of Russian influence. In regard to religion, some of the Altay remain Tengriists or Shamanists, while others (in a trend beginning in the mid-19th century) have converted to the Orthodox. (The Altai mission took shape under Saint Makarii Glukharev, Apostle to the Altai.) In 1904, a religious movement called Ak Jang or Burkhanism arose, perhaps in response to Russian colonization.[8]

Prior to 1917 the Altai were actually considered to be many different ethnic groups.[9]

With the rise of the 1917 revolution, the Altay attempted to make their region a separate Burkhanist republic called Oryot, but their support for the Mensheviks during the Civil War led to the venture's collapse after the Bolshevik victory and the rise of Joseph Stalin. In the 1940s, the Altay were accused of being pro-Japanese, and the word "oyrot" was declared counterrevolutionary. By 1950, Soviet industrialization policies brought Russian immigrants reducing the proportion of Altay from 50% to 20% of the population.[10] Ethnic Altaians currently make up about 31% of the Altai Republic's population.[11]"

Altai Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The indigenous Altai culture holds the lands of Altai to be sacred. The indigenous (Turkic) languages are focused on the stewardship of the lands. The Altai oral history is transmitted by throat-singers. The Altai culture was repressed during Soviet times, and has been rebounding since then. The clans of all ten regions gather in the village of Yelo for a biennial cultural celebration.

There is also a large contingent of "Old Believers" who fled to Altai when they split from the Russian Orthodox Church about 200 years ago. They were taken in by the Altai people, and are now integrated into the fabric of Altai culture.

The UNESCO World Heritage Site "Golden Mountains" protects the Ukok Plateau, on which there are many standing stones and kurgans. Although archeologists consider kurgans to be burial sites, the indigenous people believe that they are highly refined magnetic instruments for directing the flow of cosmic energy into the Earth.[citation needed] Thus, there is great local indignation about the excavation and removal of the Siberian Ice Maiden, an extraordinary 2,500-year-old mummy that had been preserved in permafrost.

Gorno-Altaisk is the location of National Museum of Altai Republic, which houses the mummy "Altai Princess". National Library of the Republic of Altai, the National Theatre of the Republic of Altai and Municipal House of Culture

Regularly held national holiday Maslenitsa, Nowruz, Chaga - Bayram, received in February 2013 with the official status of the Republican celebration.

In 2013, the Altai Republic participated in the Türkvizyon Song Contest. The Altai Republic's entry was the song "Altayym Menin" performed by Artur Marlujokov. The Altai Republic received fifth place in the contest. The republic has also announced plans to compete in the 2014 Türkvizyon Song Contest."

The Pure Drop: Huun-Huur-Tu
hht_title.gif

photo by Abbey Chamberlain
See Huun-Huur-Tu in:
Tuvan Throat Singing demonstration

Huun-Huur-Tu are a Tuvan throat singing group from — where else but Tuva! Throat singing is a form of singing where harmonic overtones are created inside the mouth with the addition of some form of constriction of the larynx. Throat singing often mimics the sounds of nature and animals and is associated with the spiritual beliefs of animism. Tuva — a small Russian Republic on the Mongolian border, is the place most commonly associated with throat singing which is known as khöömei. Tuva is also the home of Huun-Huur-Tu.

Huun-Huur-Tu (Tuvan: xün xürtü) literally means ‘sun propeller’ — the vertical separation of light rays that often occurs just after sunrise or just before sunset. For the members of Huun-Huur-Tu, the refraction of light that produces these rays seems analogous to the "refraction" of sound that produces articulated harmonics in Tuvan throat-singing. The group are well known outside of Tuva and have toured America and recorded in London. They were originally called Kungurtuk and were formed in 1992 with several lineup changes since then. Their musical repertoire has expanded from traditional Tuvan folk songs to include contemporary Tuvan music. In 1999 their fourth album, Where Young Grass Grows even included non-Tuvan instruments including harp, tabla, Scottish smallpipe and synthesiser. The album also features two excerpts of recordings made of two members singing whilst riding horseback on the Tuvan grasslands.

@Nihonjin1051 @Indos @sahaliyan please check out the music from post #496, I will be posting Central Asian music here in this thread from time to time. Best way to listen is to click on youtube logo at right bottom corner and watch video at youtube site.

Last edited:
uyghur music mixed with chinese..

usbek music

Yugur song,can our Turkish friends here understand?
ohh thats a hard number.. first you have to train your ears to the sound of yugur.. but yugur have generally a big chinese like speaking (accend) they are very influenced by chinese langauage.. its like the salur ppl in china orginally they are turkmen ppl like we in turkey.. but they sound just chinese its hard to follow..

I say no I cant understand for it is like hearing chinese.. sometimes I think there some turkisized words but I am not shure :D

excample I found on Yourube:
Yugur: Tağ tengda Quoyler Tağvashqa baru
Uyghur: Tağ tigide(ki) Qoylar Tağbeşiğa barar
Sheeps on the bottom of the mountain, going to the mountain top.
the uyghur one is clearer and understandable.. its harder if you put chinese accent into it..

look at salar turks then you understand what I mean and if you hear the song many times then you can understand some things but the chinese accent is compleatly disturbing..

" İnci vamas suciu xoñciuğe Altun dağnı maña verse da Salır yangu bırden bır şiñne Goñnıñ gemes izıñ görmese"

O wait I hav eone good salur music wich is good understandable.. but shows how they are influenced by chinese..

O wait I hav eone good salur music wich is good understandable.. but shows how they are influenced by chinese..

I know that,Salars are living in east Qinghai,from Yuan dynasty,they are always citizens of China,in Ming dynasty,they are part of Ming military garrison in Qinghai,their duty is to protect the border from the neighbouring Tibetans,so it's not surprise they have big Chinese influence.In Qing dynasty,the Ming military garrison system was abolished in Qinghai,the Salars became civilians till this day.By the way,the 10th Panchan Erdeni Lama came from Xunhua county,the homeland of Salars
The Yugurs are known as Sari Yogir,they live in the steppes near Qilian mountain in Gansu province,their leaders came from Genghiz Khan's family,and adopted the surname An(安),they used to have a large population,but in chaotic and disaster ages of 19th century,because of the Dungan revolt(the Hui muslim jihad against the Manchus,the Hans and other non-muslims in Shaanxi and Gansu),9/10 of their population lost,so their number is small

Back
Top Bottom