What's new

Turkey's Strategic Power Projection by 2023

TurkeyForever

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I can't help but think what is going on around Turkey now has to do with the treaty of lousanne which expires in 2023, it will give Turkey legal right to take oil fields in north Iraq and some parts of North Syria and Thrace in Greece.

When the treaty of lousanne expires in 2023 what do you think will happen?

Found this:

Notes on a Turkish Conspiracy | Foreign Policy

Then there is the contract with Russia about the straits but think that will expire later.

I can't help but think what is going on around Turkey now has to do with the treaty of lousanne which expires in 2023, it will give Turkey legal right to take oil fields in north Iraq and some parts of North Syria and Thrace in Greece.

When the treaty of lousanne expires in 2023 what do you think will happen?

Found this:

Notes on a Turkish Conspiracy | Foreign Policy

Then there is the contract with Russia about the straits but think that will expire later.
It wont expire and the oil fields of Iraq and Syria have nothing to do with it, period.

It does seem like current events have something to do with 2023...

North Syria and North Iraq have no country right now so no one can say "we attacked them".

Erdogan is trying to have super presidential supreme powers.

I wonder if there is a secret agreement between Turkey and some other powers for a new ottoman style empire in exchange for sharing all the oil.

If you look at it from a business perspective if Turkey offered Russia or USA/West 50% of the oil from the new empire they would agree to it. Secret agreement where they get half the oil we get military and political support but no one knows about it.

Very logical today all wars are fought for money/resources not for land or honor.

Will it permit the Turkish government to charge fees for vessels passing through the Bosphorus? I was in Istanbul last week (for the first time) and heard the driver saying it.

Yes the new Canal istanbul project will let us do whatever we want. We could also delay ship crossings from the existing canal blame it on pollution or whatever we want, and ships lose too much money if they wait too long so they will pay good money to take the fast way.. the new canal istanbul project.

I heard existing Bosphorus deal we have with Russia will expire as well soon, heard it was 2030's something: Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Straits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems USA doesn't like the treaty:
"Now we are seeing signs from the United States that it is not comfortable with the Montreux Convention. "
Oktay Eksi: United States scratches the Montreux Convention itch

You might also find this interesting:
How The 1936 Montreux Convention Would Help Russia In A Ukraine War
How The 1936 Montreux Convention Would Help Russia In A Ukraine War

It seems USA and NATO (except for Turkey) will be locked out of the black sea with this treaty, that's why USA wants it gone.

Last edited:
Colonial Era treaties wont influence the 21st century. Take Pakistan for example, there was a treaty between the English and the Kingdom of Afghanistan in the past about national borders. Once it expired (in the 90s i think), half of Pakistan was supposed to be ceded to Afghanistan. Nothing of that sort happened of course.

Yes the new Canal istanbul project will let us do whatever we want. We could also delay ship crossings from the existing canal blame it on pollution or whatever we want, and ships lose too much money if they wait too long so they will pay good money to take the fast way.. the new canal istanbul project.

Good source of cash then, and also great control over the vessels passing. Istanbul is something that the Orthodox Christians envy you for having and will continue to dream to take back. At least the Russians and Greeks among them. Being part of the NATO is great to counter the Russian cancerous expansion dreams.

Most huge projects have a strategical political background. A strong country can only go hand in hand with a strong Economy and strong Military. The last severe attacks are made to destabilize Türkiye and block its Future!

Colonial Era treaties wont influence the 21st century. Take Pakistan for example, there was a treaty between the English and the Kingdom of Afghanistan in the past about national borders. Once it expired (in the 90s i think), half of Pakistan was supposed to be ceded to Afghanistan. Nothing of that sort happened of course.

I think that is because Afghanistan isn't strong enough. If Afghanistan was a regional super power it might try to enforce it.

Just look at what Russia did to Crimea/Ukraine... The strong nations are always the winners, it's only when you are weak the world says you are wrong a lot of double standard.

I think that is because Afghanistan isn't strong enough. If Afghanistan was a regional super power it might try to enforce it.

Just look at what Russia did to Crimea/Ukraine... The strong nations are always the winners, it's only when you are weak the world says you are wrong a lot of double standard.
True , same as water treaty between Egypt and Nile basin Countries , it was signed during English occupation and still runs till now

Will it permit the Turkish government to charge fees for vessels passing through the Bosphorus? I was in Istanbul last week (for the first time) and heard the driver saying it.

This is how the Ottoman Empire started in the 14th century.

Back
Top Bottom