What's new

Turkey's Sat-Launcher Plans Raise Concerns

Turkey should forge "space ties" with the likes of China, India and Japan- these are the emerging space powers who will be giants in the future.

Turkey should forge "space ties" with the likes of China, India and Japan- these are the emerging space powers who will be giants in the future.

Japan emerging?
I thought japan has huge space experience since decades?

Japan emerging?
I thought japan has huge space experience since decades?

Yes they've got significant experience but heading into the future they will turn from mid-level into one of the "big boys" for sure.

Yes they've got significant experience but heading into the future they will turn from mid-level into one of the "big boys" for sure.

Japanese economy shrinking every year how should that work?
They even give up many military projects because of savings.

Japanese economy shrinking every year how should that work?
They even give up many military projects because of savings.

True but that's also because they like to stay around ~1% of GDP for military spending. It's not like they can't afford more

I am not very fond of this project either, if you want proper space capabilities you shoud co-operate with experienced countries. No need to waste money on re-inventing the wheel. We arent like Iran, we are still free to do what ever we want and this is by far the best and quickest way.

Hope turkey moves forward with the SLV programme and also strives to master the nuclear fuel cycle and have a robust civilian nuclear industry. Launching low orbital satellites would definitely send a message across the atlantic. With the technoligical and growing industiral base of turkey , a successful SLV programme shouldn't be much difficult for turkey to achieve.

Every single western country follows non-prolifration very strictly and will oppose and even sanction turkey (and many other countries), if they have too.

There are two non-proliferation treaties, because of its highly strategic and game changing nature:
1. Missiles more than 300 km range (includes SLV)
2. Nukes

As an example:
US opposed SK regarding its cooperation with Russia in SLVs, forced Russia to stop its help to SK. US opposed SK regarding its enrichment to the point that they apologized.

Note that:
SK is a non-muslim and advanced country

Actually some countries are indeed special to the US/any super power. SK aside, UK-Japan-Israel are very special to US. All this 3 countries have always been above intl law in the eyes of US. They have some sort of unofficial special stature among all US allies.

Israel- No explanation required.

UK- Nuclear SLBMs exported by US. First the polaris & then the trident. The missile includes british electronics and firing codes. It clearly violates the Missile Technology Control Regime but under an mutual defence cooperation agreement between US-UK in 1958 the british got this special privilege. Advantage for the british is cost effective high tech US strategic weapons avoiding the path of trial & error while saving precious money. Infact the first nuclear reactor for british made subs were americans and only later did the UK made its own reactors.

Japan- One sided access to US market starting from the 1960s that allowed Japan to wipe out US electronics industry.

Under a secret deal with US Japan can reprocess spent nuclear fuel and weaponise plutonium.

United States Circumvented Laws To Help Japan Accumulate Tons of Plutonium « DC BureauDC Bureau

Japan is a defacto nuclear armed state and thanks to special provisions provided by US they may be able to go nuclear within couple of months without much legal repercussions.

Germany & S.korea are also defacto nuclear armed state. Once U master the nuclear fuel cycle and have a decent industrial base making nuclear weapons is not that difficult. Germany/Japan & korea and technological leaders of the world.

SO yes american allies are special but turkey is not since it is a majority muslim state. I hope secular turks don't take it in a wrong way. :undecided:

When we can produce more advanced military purpose satellites we can have a hard time to find a country to launch them so this programme is necessary but I too seriously doubt this is for our Space Program alone. We already have a long range missle program so I think the main purpose of this complex is for them.

West is west like always they'll try to shut this down but nothing will change.

@Luffy 500 mate, Germany doesn't have nukes nor SLV. Like Turkey too, they hosted US nukes. Half of them under Luftwaffe's command. The same goes for our Incirlik Air Base.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom