What's new

Turkey’s S-400 vs F-35 dilemma in 2019

F-35 vs S-400; If Turkey had to choose one, which one should it choose?

• F-35

• S-400

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do what’s good for the country

Dont worry, choosing S-400 was already what is good for the country for current situation. Assuming US has declined Turkey's patriot request for years in the times we needed it most, involved in coup attempt in Turkey,and didnt watch Turkey's priorities in Syria by arming Kurdish terrorists (Dont ever claim they are fighting for freedom of people in Syria,its BS). Answer US's behaviour and i will change my idea about S-400s.

US isnt a true ally and it has been quite awhile since its obvious and their agenda is even not hidden anymore.

A huge bluff by Erdogan who claims that the S-400s are going to be operational by April 2020.

The truth is that they are already operational and patrolling on Turkey’s streets!!!1 :sarcastic:
BE66EE3B-331E-4282-AD39-0F78CB8EB6D3.jpeg

While I understand Turkey's annoyance with the US policies and treatment of Turkey over the years but I am really at loss here to understand the reason for this decision to go for S400 over US/NATO objections. If US sanctions kick in, Turkey stands to lose on so many fronts, not just the acquisition of F35 but also the technology sharing partnerships where many Turkish companies have benefited from working as suppliers on this program.

It's not like Turkey is at active war with any country in the region where they would need this system right away. Plus, they've NATO protection that they could always rely on - Turkey had previously called on and NATO did come to their defence by deploying their air defence system, so why now hell bent on breaking ties with trusted partners?

A huge bluff by Erdogan who claims that the S-400s are going to be operational by April 2020.

The truth is that they are already operational and patrolling on Turkey’s streets!!!1 :sarcastic:
View attachment 569442

Lmaoooooo this is actually the ultimate defence system!!!

Missile mounted on a tofas car.

While I understand Turkey's annoyance with the US policies and treatment of Turkey over the years but I am really at loss here to understand the reason for this decision to go for S400 over US/NATO objections. If US sanctions kick in, Turkey stands to lose on so many fronts, not just the acquisition of F35 but also the technology sharing partnerships where many Turkish companies have benefited from working as suppliers on this program.

It's not like Turkey is at active war with any country in the region where they would need this system right away. Plus, they've NATO protection that they could always rely on - Turkey had previously called on and NATO did come to their defence by deploying their air defence system, so why now hell bent on breaking ties with trusted partners?

The US had refused to sell Turkey Patriots... only recently did they offer it to us but it was far too late. The deal was already done. Just to be clear we have wanted an air defense system from the US since the 90s. I don't understand why our own allies didn't sell it to us.

This was America's fault.

If they want independence from US then they should choose the s400.

US support has too many strings attached for these countries.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom