What's new

Turkey's President Erdogan gives green light to Sweden's NATO bid

Broccoli

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Good stuff. Putin wanted less NATO but got a lot more of it... Russian navy in Baltic sea is all but useless now.

Good stuff. Putin wanted less NATO but got a lot more of it... Russian navy in Baltic sea is all but useless now.

Russia has access to White sea at Murmansk. During the Livonian war Elizabeth I of England shipped weapons to Russia at Murmansk bypassing German blockade at Baltic sea and was therefore able to save Russia from German conquest.

After the Middle East reconciliation, Turkey is not as easy to fish in troubled waters as before, so it will move closer to the West to a certain extent.

Now EU should let Turkey in it, I guess.

Good for Turkey's development.

Now EU should let Turkey in it, I guess.

Good for Turkey's development.
What changes in Turkey has happened since yesterday, that makes you think EU would restart the accession negotiations?

BeFunky-collage(137).jpg

What changes in Turkey has happened since yesterday, that makes you think EU would restart the accession negotiations?
Well if Turkey supports Sweden's entry in NATO, then Sweden should supports Turkey's entry in EU.

Well if Turkey supports Sweden's entry in NATO, then Sweden should supports Turkey's entry in EU.
Sweden can support Turkey in EU all they want, as long as Greece and Cyrpus still have beef with Turkey and there will be 2 veto on their application with the EC

Turkey is never going to be in EU unless they sort out their beef with Greece and Cyprus.,

Sweden can support Turkey in EU all they want, as long as Greece and Cyrpus still have beef with Turkey and there will be 2 veto on their application with the EC

Turkey is never going to be in EU unless they sort out their beef with Greece and Cyprus.,
This I don't know. Then Turkey should not support Sweden's entry in NATO, if Turkey does not get in EU then.

This I don't know. Then Turkey should not support Sweden's entry in NATO, if Turkey does not get in EU then.
Sweden have nothing to do with Turkey joining EU, Turkey knows that, it was never under any delusion Turks can get in without solving the issue with Greece and Cyprus. And if Turkey pulling this up on Sweden and you make NATO choose, NATO will bend over backward to admit Sweden and isolate Turkey, then they get nothing.

Better use this to get stuff the Turks wanted and it's reasonable. Then getting nothing, from the way things go, looks like the Turks got what they wanted. I am sure as hell that's not EU membership tho

Back
Top Bottom