What's new

Turkey to fast-track draft bill approving troop deployment in Qatar: Officials

Ther is no much Turkish islands, show us something.
Everyone seems to know this, since it made headlines many time:
dodecanese.jpg

Turkish News Website: 156 Greek Islands Belong to Turkey

Not 16, but 156 Turkish islands and islets in the Aegean Sea are occupied by Greece, said a Turkish news website odatv.com report.

The report comes after a discussion in Turkish parliament a few weeks ago regarding 16 islands of the Aegean that supposedly belong to Turkey but are under “Greek occupation.”

The Turkish side claims that under a treaty, Italy gave Greece some islands in the Aegean without specifying which, therefore several islands belong to the successor of the Ottoman Empire, Turkey.

In the past, Turkey has claimed that the island of Gavdos — off Crete — is not named in the treaty that pertains to Crete, therefore it belongs to Turkey. The Turkish claim was dismissed by NATO.

Now a new report from Turkey focuses on Agathonisi. According to odatv.com, the particular island, along with the other 155, is occupied by Greece since 2004.

According to the report, Greece has achieved to occupy and establish sovereignty of the islands with the collaboration of Frontex, the European Union agency that manages cooperation between national border guards, and Latvia. Odatv.com said that Greek and Latvian coast guard ships operate around Agathonisi illegally, thereby violating Turkish territory.

As proof of the claim, the report uses a 1951 British map and a 1957 U.S. map in which Agathonisi belongs to the Turkish Republic.

On the Greek side, Konstantinos Koutras, a Foreign Ministry official, said that, “No doubt exists on the status of any island or islet in the Aegean and Eastern Mediterranean. Besides, international law is one of the foundations of European civilization and cannot be altered by unilateral declarations or actions.”

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2015/04/17/turkish-news-website-156-greek-islands-belong-to-turkey/

Like a loosing Egypt, we also sad about islands. But still we believe in that Egypt and greece and Syria and Iraq will be turned back to Turks. :)

Like a loosing Egypt, we also sad about islands. But still we believe in that Egypt and greece and Syria and Iraq will be turned back to Turks. :)
Egypt has the Sinai back, which was the main objective of the war.. meaning they have won that war..so what are you talking about?.. or do I detect some inferiority complex ?

Well, let's laugh a little bit:
In Syria Turkish troops couldn't advance beyond their borders, and Iraq is a nation that has faced Iran without loosing the war and faced the US invasion and forced American troops to leave its land..Now, in your imagination is Turkey more powerful than the US and Iran?
Here is reality: Turkey is a strong nation, but it is not the Ottoman empire anymore..

The island dispute was finished nearly a hundred year ago....

Turkey also explicitly renounced all claims on the Dodecanese Islands
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Lausanne#Borders

Again... There is no point writing things that you dont know about.

About the israel thing. No country in the world will go to war over that unless they are retarded. They apologised and paid for the victims. It was a civilian ship and wasnt a government or military ship and for me it was stupid anyways. We have more important things than palestine. Let the british save them and there arab brothers save them.

Egypt has the Sinai back, which was the main objective of the war.. meaning they have won that war..so what are you talking about?.. or do I detect some inferiority complex ?

Well, let's laugh a little bit:
In Syria Turkish troops couldn't advance beyond their borders, and Iraq is a nation that has faced Iran without loosing the war and faced the US invasion and forced American troops to leave its land..Now, in your imagination is Turkey more powerful than the US and Iran?
Here is reality: Turkey is a strong nation, but it is not the Ottoman empire anymore..

Again you are talking rubbish... First it was mainly FSA that was fighting at most stages, secondly the reason we couldnt advance more not because we couldnt, it was because there was USA and Russia both in our ways at the same time. It was a very late intervention and another of erdogans mistakes.

About the israel thing. No country in the world will go to war over that unless they are retarded. They apologised and paid for the victims. It was a civilian ship and wasnt a government or military ship and for me it was stupid anyways. We have more important things than palestine. Let the british save them and there arab brothers save them.
Egypt couldnt defeat Sinai by war ! Israel gave back by USSRs order:)
Thanks for good words for Turkish nation.

Do you oppose the matter of headline buddy?
Brilliant job in caricature. There is no brotherhood in GCC, only a supremacist tribal family , Al-Saud, who wants to occupy them all. End of story, believe me bud, one day KSA will attack UAE for more share in Yemen. Like wolves fighting for more pieces of prey.

Do you oppose the matter of headline buddy?

Brilliant job in caricature. There is no brotherhood in GCC, only a supremacist tribal family , Al-Saud, who wants to occupy them all. End of story, believe me bud, one day KSA will attack UAE for more share in Yemen. Like wolves fighting for more pieces of prey.

I don't believe it is in my countries long term interest, being more neutral and trying to play mediator would have been better, rather than ratifying the bill to approve troops just after this crisis. The amount of countries that became automatically hostile because of qatar is not worth it.

The amount of countries that became automatically hostile because of qatar is not worth it.
But if you want your allies to trust you as an strong brother, you have to open your wings and provide them with shelter. Otherwise you will lose the military base in GCC region.
Though i agree with mediation, so do our government

Well said..So why is Turkey sending its Gendarmerie to Qatar? lets the Brits or Arab brothers take care of that too..

Back
Top Bottom