STAFF
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
0e5521e933d53566787277062da28f5a

Reuters
Publishing date:
Aug 14, 2020 • Last Updated 14 minutes ago • < 1 minute read

ISTANBUL — President Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that Turkey was considering closing its embassy in Abu Dhabi and suspending diplomatic ties with the United Arab Emirates over its accord to normalize ties with Israel.

Erdogan was speaking to reporters in Istanbul after the Turkish Foreign Ministry said history will never forgive the “hypocritical behavior” of the UAE in agreeing such a deal.
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/turkey-may-suspend-ties-with-uae-over-israel-deal-erdogan-says

Turkey may recall ambassador in UAE, suspend diplomatic ties, Erdoğan says
Turkey may suspend its diplomatic relations with the United Arab Emirates, or recall its ambassador, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Friday, in response to the UAE's recent deal with Israel.

Erdoğan told reporters that the UAE’s controversial deal with Israel is problematic and that Turkey stands in solidarity with Palestinian people.

“I have given the necessary instructions to my Foreign Minister. We may either suspend diplomatic ties or recall our ambassador because we stand with the Palestinian people. We have not let Palestine be defeated, or let it be defeated,” Erdoğan said.

The president continued by saying that Saudi Arabia has also been taking wrong steps in the region, as he also criticized Egypt for cooperating with Israel and Greece.

https://www.dailysabah.com/politics...r-in-uae-suspend-diplomatic-ties-erdogan-says

So, Turkey can have ties with Israel but UAE can't? And if UAE normalizes ties with Israel then Turkey will suspend ties with UAE but not with Israel? Lol... strange world we live in.
.......Israel, the UAE and other Gulf countries that view Iran as a regional menace have been cultivating closer ties in recent years. Turkey has had diplomatic relations with Israel for decades, but under President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has positioned itself as a champion of the Palestinians. Turkey and the UAE support rival camps in the conflict in Libya.......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...1f46e6-ddf2-11ea-b4f1-25b762cdbbf4_story.html

First Turkey should end diplomatic ties with Israel then they will have some moral standing to criticize UAE and Saudis. I am in no way saying UAE and Saudis are doing the right thing but Turkey simply has no moral standing on this issue.

So, Turkey can have ties with Israel but UAE can't? And if UAE normalizes ties with Israel then Turkey will suspend ties with UAE but not with Israel? Lol... strange world we live in.

Yes, really LOL

Why are you manipulating the subject? There is no allusion to what you writing here.

Trump's so-called peace plan defines Jerusalem as Israel's eternal capital. Its envisions a Palestine that is completely dissolved and its demographic features almost destroyed.

The two countries can of course develop diplomatic relations. However, UAE did not need to sell the Palestinian people to achieve this. The content of the Israel-UAE deal is seen as a betrayal to the Palestinian people. Do you know anything about this agreement and ongoing negotiations? Because all of the explanations made are about this.

However, it is clear that you are not in good faith.

The difference is Palestinians are Arabs not Turks.

So Turkey can have relations with Israel but not Arab states like UAE.

Salaam

The UAE will find it hard to live this one down soon. The Turks were able to really hurt MBS over that one murder of a journalist.

One can only imagine the damage milage the Turks will be able to get out of this. Especially, given even without the Turks it would be a deeply unpopular decision throughout the Muslim world.

I wonder what the UAE would actually gain from making this public. I can see what the Israelis would gain, but I really don't see what the Arabs get out of it.

With regards to Turkey's relationship with Israel. Erdogan can easily reduce the impact of it by openly being critical of the Israelis and aggressive posturing on the Palestinian issue. Not to mention that the recognition of Israel was done decades ago in a 'different' Turkey. Not the case with UAE.

Last edited:
First Turkey should end diplomatic ties with Israel then they will have some moral standing to criticize UAE and Saudis. I am in no way saying UAE and Saudis are doing the right thing but Turkey simply has no moral standing on this issue.
Do you think it would harm Israel? No, only the Palestinian people will suffer more.

Diplomatic relations between Turkey and Israel are at lowest level in history. And thus Turkey sees great damage in terms of geopolitics. Turkey puts up with this loss for the Palestinian people. Not for themselves. From the perspective of Turkey, There is no pragmatic explanation for the broken of relations with Israel.

Sorry but you have completely severed your ties with reality. What kind of strategic partnership or coordination are you talking about?

I think, You don't even know what kind of situation Palestine is in. Turkey is one of the largest construction materials and medical equipment / facility donor countries for Palestine. Even now, Kızılay/Tika-build hospital is providing most effective Covid-19 treatment in there. Turkey's role in the civilians economy and trade too common and important.

It's not about just having ties, UAE is facilitating Israel. The two are going to have bilateral agreements.

Back
Top Bottom