What's new

Turkey Israel's 3rd largest export market in Q1

iPakMan

Reaction score
Notwithstanding political tensions between Israel and Turkey, Turkey rose to Israel's third largest export market in the first quarter from ninth place in the corresponding quarter of 2010, the Israel Export and International Cooperation Institute reports today. Exports of goods (excluding diamonds) to Turkey totaled $500 million in the first quarter, 73% more than in the corresponding quarter.

The US is still Israel's largest export market, with exports to that country totaling $3 billion

Exports to Turkey rose more than exports to other countries. According to Export Institute figures, most of the growth is thanks to to a 57% increase in exports of chemicals and refined oil products to $260 million in the first quarter.

China is Israel's fifth largest export market, and the largest export market in Asia. Exports to China totaled $443 million in the first quarter, 12% more than in the corresponding quarter. Exports to India fell 6% to $336 million, putting it in eighth place, mainly due to unusually heavy exports to it in the corresponding quarter. Exports of avionics were affected by a single deal in 2010, and fell from $100 million to zero.

Israel's top ten export markets are, in order, the US, the Netherlands, Turkey, Germany, China, Italy, the UK, India, France, and Canada.

Turkey Israel's 3rd largest export market in Q1 - Globes

At least business is thriving.

wait a minute, i dont understand! israel is exporting to turkey or turkey to israel?

Turkey has imported(Received) 500 Million worth of stuff from Israel in this Quarter. Obviously Israel is importing from Turkey as well but how much, i don`t know.
This article is about how Turkey is our 3rd largest client in Q1(First Quarter of the year).

Ipakman How big is the Israeli Economy Compare to the Turkish Economy ? and give me a Guess on how big you see the Israeli economy in 10 years ?

Eh...
Turkey:
GDP (nominal) 2010 estimate
- Total $741.853 billion[2] (17)
- Per capita $10,399[2]
Israel:
GDP (nominal) 2010 estimate
- Total $213.147 billion[4]
- Per capita $28,685[4]

Turkey has a population of 74 Million and Israel has a population of 7.7Million.
I`m no economist, especially with Israel it is hard to tell since there are still 7 Million Jews outside of Israel who might or might not come to live in Israel.

Israel might or might not give away Arab villages to Palestine(If a peace agreement is achieved), so the population of Arabs might decline(Hardeim Jews and Arabs make up most of the poverty in Israel).

A lot of variables. If i`d have to make an educated guess i`d say the economy in 10 years will be above 500 Billion. (This guess is if peace is still not achieved and there is no trade with most Muslim countries...)

why is netherlands second? what are they getting from u?

Turkey has imported(Received) 500 Million worth of stuff from Israel in this Quarter. Obviously Israel is importing from Turkey as well but how much, i don`t know.
This article is about how Turkey is our 3rd largest client in Q1(First Quarter of the year).

Trade between Israel and Turkey increased by 25 percent between 2009 and 2010, and by 40 percent in the first quarter of 2011 compared with the same period last year. Bilateral trade by the end of last year peaked at $3.442 billion, up from $2.580 billion in 2009.Turkey made exports worth $2.083 billion while importing $1.359 billion worth of goods from Israel last year, according to Turkish Statistical Institute, or TurkStat, figures. In the first three months of 2011, Turkey exported products worth $579.3 million to Israel and imported goods worth $397.3 million.
TÜİK
another word, with these numbers turkey israel's largest 3rd market which means "extremely important" for israeli economy, on the other hand, these same numbers make israel 13th good market for Turkish exports which means "average important".. beside this, we sell more than we buy..

India is in 8th place, not done.

Got to increase trade between India-Israel.

why is netherlands second? what are they getting from u?

Principal Dutch exports today are foods, manufactured goods, machines, chemicals, petroleum products, and natural gas. The major export commodities of the Netherlands include machinery and equipment, fuels, chemicals, vegetables, and vegetable products.
Foreign trade - Netherlands - export
Netherlands Trade, Exports and Imports | Economy Watch

Re-exports make up nearly half of total Dutch exports, whereas many countries chiefly export home-manufactured products
CBS - Netherlands second largest export country in Europe - Web magazine

Second largest goods exports country in the EU (309 billion Euros)
Fifth largest service export country in the EU (82 billion Euros)
Main services provided to foreign countries:
- Research and development, consulting and architectural and engineering services (27 billion Euros).
- Transport services (18 billion Euros).
Netherlands fifth service export country in EU

Principal Dutch exports today are foods, manufactured goods, machines, chemicals, petroleum products, and natural gas. The major export commodities of the Netherlands include machinery and equipment, fuels, chemicals, vegetables, and vegetable products.
Foreign trade - Netherlands - export
Netherlands Trade, Exports and Imports | Economy Watch

Re-exports make up nearly half of total Dutch exports, whereas many countries chiefly export home-manufactured products
CBS - Netherlands second largest export country in Europe - Web magazine

Second largest goods exports country in the EU (309 billion Euros)
Fifth largest service export country in the EU (82 billion Euros)
Main services provided to foreign countries:
- Research and development, consulting and architectural and engineering services (27 billion Euros).
- Transport services (18 billion Euros).
Netherlands fifth service export country in EU

I believe he meant what was Netherlands receiving from Israel.
@Skull and Bones
Yeah i agree, i`d like to see India much higher on the bilateral trade statistics.

Back
Top Bottom