What's new

Tunisia joins Haftar's side in the Libyan conflict

Agha Sher

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Tunisia seems to have accepted billions of dollars from UAE in return of supporting Haftar in the conflict.

Earlier, the MoD of Tunisia equated Haftar and GNA as equally responsible for the ceasefire violations.

Turkey has been very generous to Tunisia with lucrative drone deals and TOT. Should Turkey respond by cancelling these deals?

Turkey has been very generous to Tunisia with lucrative drone deals and TOT. Should Turkey respond by cancelling these deals?
Im not sure if there has been any ToT to begin with but no need to act irrational since you cant buy loyalty, in the end everybody sells himself to the most bidding one.
Turkey should get the money and let UAE bleed out with expensive adventures.

Tunisia seems to have accepted billions of dollars from UAE in return of supporting Haftar in the conflict.

Earlier, the MoD of Tunisia equated Haftar and GNA as equally responsible for the ceasefire violations.

The GNA can bomb Tunisa directly if need be tho I doubt the authenticity of this tweet. Why would Tunisa risk a direct conflict with other countries? Even with UAE money. The risks outweigh the benefits. I am gonna say it flat out now this report is false

Last edited:
Let's wait and see. These might be very high level diplomatic flights, and based on Turkey's and Tunesias high level meetings the big boys might be trying to find a neutral ground to not incur more Rage from a Volcano.

First of all, not sure how you came up with the title. It's unlikely Tunisia takes any sides, and they are not that involved as far as I'm aware.

Second, not sure why this about Turkey's interests for you, Libya is closer to Tunisia than Turkey so if they get involved in any way that shouldn't be surprising and UAE has not much to do with it.

Would need @HannibalBarca to touch on this subject as I'm sure he knows better about Tunisia's role in Libya.

Here comes another discussion to be blurred by the Arab trolls of PDF...:lol:

when you hear the word TOT you should know that it’s actually a fraud term
No one gives real transfer of technology especially if we are talking about strategic systems
For example the Anka deal striked with Tunisia with so called TOT...
All the critical components would arrive ready from Turkey only to be assembled in Tunisia also the deal gives export licenses to tunisians for the african market that’s it nothing more nothing less
But usually “defense journalists” when describe military deals like to add these kind of words making hype of it
By the way there are pro and anti Turkey voices/parties in Tunisia it’s better to know who is your enemy if he wants to expose himself publicly
We know that haftar isn’t really popular among ordinary people in Tunisia or Algeria so by taking haftar’s side he’s doing favor to his political opponents

Last edited:
Here comes another discussion to be blurred by the Arab trolls of PDF...:lol:

Where do you see trolling?

I Sometimes Feel Pakistan Doesn't Take As Much Interest in MENA As It Should

I'd argue it's the opposite, Pakistan has played safest and most positive role in the MENA region. Other nations are getting heavily involved in long term quagmires and they have no exit plan for them.

I'd argue it's the opposite, Pakistan has played safest and most positive role in the MENA region. Other nations are getting heavily involved in long term quagmires and they have no exit plan for them.

We'd join the party when everyone starts throwing up after taking those extra shots

When you base an entire Geopolitical "observation" on a flightradar screen...
You know it's time to run...

First of all, not sure how you came up with the title. It's unlikely Tunisia takes any sides, and they are not that involved as far as I'm aware.

Second, not sure why this about Turkey's interests for you, Libya is closer to Tunisia than Turkey so if they get involved in any way that shouldn't be surprising and UAE has not much to do with it.

Would need @HannibalBarca to touch on this subject as I'm sure he knows better about Tunisia's role in Libya.
Same at it was before... Keep the border safe and keep the side taking far from it...

Please keep the Childish geopolitical view far from reality...
This isn't 'a game elementary emotional game... Each side will act according to their own needs...
Each countries involved in this understand this condition...

Ps: Since when TN got Free goodies? Don't twist reality... This isn't Charity...

I would say Fake News but it's not even in the news, just fake a thread!

Seems like the Minister of Defence of Tunisia went out of his place when he made pro-Haftar comments.

His comments provoked strong reactions in the parliament and the President has subsequently clarified the Tunisian position.

In addition, the flight to UAE, Russia and France is likely linked to the Al-Watiya airbase siege, where foreign mercenaries and advisors are trapped.

Back
Top Bottom