What's new

TTP threatens attacks in Punjab

Mujahid

Reaction score
Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) have told Punjab’s government to remove all non-Muslims officials from their posts or they will be killed and their offices will be targeted.

The militants have threatened to target the livestock director general and his office within 14 days.

The Punjab government received the threats in letters from the TTP, which they have forwarded to intelligence agencies.

The threats come after intelligence agencies’ reports revealed to The Express Tribune yesterday that the TTP has planned suicide attacks across the country.

The threats come ahead of the holy month of Muharram, with terrorists purportedly targeting mourning processions, majalis, imambargahs and important religious leaders among other targets such as the Iranian embassy and the chief of Jamat-ud-Dawa, Hafiz Saeed.

The provincial government has directed the civil administration, police and intelligence agencies to provide foolproof security to all non-Muslim officers in the province while police and law enforcement agencies have been directed to immediately put security on high alert across the country and take all necessary security measures.

TTP threatens attacks in Punjab – The Express Tribune

Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) have told Punjab’s government to remove all non-Muslims officials from their posts or they will be killed and their offices will be targeted.

The militants have threatened to target the livestock director general and his office within 14 days.

The Punjab government received the threats in letters from the TTP, which they have forwarded to intelligence agencies.

The threats come after intelligence agencies’ reports revealed to The Express Tribune yesterday that the TTP has planned suicide attacks across the country.

The threats come ahead of the holy month of Muharram, with terrorists purportedly targeting mourning processions, majalis, imambargahs and important religious leaders among other targets such as the Iranian embassy and the chief of Jamat-ud-Dawa, Hafiz Saeed.

The provincial government has directed the civil administration, police and intelligence agencies to provide foolproof security to all non-Muslim officers in the province while police and law enforcement agencies have been directed to immediately put security on high alert across the country and take all necessary security measures.

TTP threatens attacks in Punjab – The Express Tribune

I could understand terrorist scums planning to attack innocent civilians and religious processions ---- but why would they plan to kill one of theirs ?

Anyway I hope something happens to him and him alone. so that a burden on Pakistan is reduced.

Last edited:
Punjabis have to start being much more wary of what/who we are letting through our borders. We have to take these threats seriously.

^ here we have it, this chap is condoning terrorism... :mod:

Mods please, i seriously mean it!

dude, cmon.......Sayed isnt exactly an angel na... he is the leader of JuD, a front for LeT.

Anyway let me rephrase it for better understanding.

Punjabis have to start being much more wary of what/who we are letting through our borders. We have to take these threats seriously.

I agree, well the problem is you can't just fence of Punjab and with facilities like the salt mines near kalabagh and the lime stone basting quarries in taxila you have ample source of barudh in Punjab alone.

In addition it's not as if these guys just smuggle a box of PETN into the province, they manufacture it locally, so further checks and Balances need to be put on retailers of chemicals and fertiliser throughout the country.

Then comes the issue of Police and Army supply stores, these need to be regulated, you can just walk down to Hati Chowk and pick up a full Army/Police uniform with the badges, boots and belts to match ( without the need for ID). { This needs to STOP}

Then the issue of regulation again, with all these chemicals available openly, seriously just walk down to college road (rawalpindi) and there are a plethora of chemical suppliers that sell everything from Fullers Earth though to potassium, everything you need to make IEDs, the materials used in IEDs are purchasable so easily.

Lets see how easy it is i will use Rawalpindi as an Example:

1. Container ( usually a belt/Vest: You can buy this from Kabaria bazzar)
  2. Compounds for Explosives: Can be purchased form Hati Chowk, College Road, Bore Bazzar, Bara.
  3. The Ball-bearings can easily be purchased from the scrap market or hardware stores in Jhanday, Bara, Salman Ke Khou.
  4. The Circuit is easily made, and the material for this can be purchased from College road with ease...

So we need to ask ourselves, do we just fence off Punjab? Make it a fortress? Is that possible? Is it feasible? = Answer is probably NO

What can we do?

How about investing in Grass Roots Intelligence gathering, community lead policing, Neighbourhood and Business Watch?

How about engaging the public and appealing to the need for people to champion citizenship and help watch each others back? Sure this is not a perfect idea but it will solve a lot of issues.

The police cannot be everywhere all the time. The average citizen can, in the USA the Federal Emergency Management Agency ( Following Hurricane Katrina) has trained citizens in a Program Called CERT: Community Emergency Response Team:

The purpose of this team is to help communities become self sufficient during times of disasters and emergencies, they are trained in rescue and medical skills, then when a massive incident occurs they self activate in their community and are designed to help their community via rescue/fire fighting and proving first aid.

These teams are able to be self sufficient for up to 72 hours post disaster. The reason behind this is during disasters state responders are overwhelmed and this citizen force augments that response.

In the same sense in Pakistan our state responders are overwhelmed with the blight of terrorism, it is the duty of every patriotic Pakistani man, woman and child to play their part in safeguarding the motherland.

We don't need fortress mentality, time and time again this have proven to be flawed:
Marriott
15 Bombing Islamabad
FIA bombing Lahore
IB Bombing Lahore
CID Bombing Karachi
Islamabad Police Academy Bombing
Anti Terrorist Task Force HQ Bombing

All these facilities were "HARD" targets, yet terrorists were able to strike deep. So this has to a great degree shown that the "fortress" mentality is highly flawed and only serves to inconvenience the average Joe: Case in Point is "Rawalpindi Kutcheri and Islamabad"

What Pakistan needs is an intelligence approach, by engaging the community, by having a network of eyes and ears throughout the city/province/country.

Sure this is massive task and will probably have complications but it is doable. Better than fencing off entire cities and placing ugly looking Jersey and Texas barriers all around the capital.

I could understand terrorist scums planning to attack innocent civilians and religious processions ---- but why would they plan to kill one of theirs

Because

1. Hafiz Saeed is not one of TTPs.

2. Because Hafiz Saeed is against exploding bombs and have parted ways with LeT when it had started adopting violent ways. Many years back Hafiz parted ways wit LeT and formed peaceful dawa.

3. The biggest reason TTP wants to kill Hafiz Saeed is because HS speaks against Indian state terrorism in Kashmir.

Anyway I hope something happens to him and him alone. so that a burden on Pakistan is reduced.

How many Arundhatis and Hafiz Saeeds you will wish to be killed for speaking for Kashmiris against India?

Because

2. Because Hafiz Saeed is against exploding bombs and have parted ways with LeT when it had started adopting violent ways. Many years back Hafiz parted ways wit LeT and formed peaceful dawa.

3. The biggest reason TTP wants to kill Hafiz Saeed is because HS speaks against Indian state terrorism in Kashmir.

How many Arundhatis and Hafiz Saeeds you will wish to be killed for speaking for Kashmiris against India?

AS many as you wish were dead for terrorizing Pakistan, the feeling is the same on both sides. Nobody wants their country to be terrorized.

Because

I am sure you are not that naive to think one terrorist will not help another.

The same peaceful dawa that regularly calls for jihad against India and did an atrocious act on 26/11

3. The biggest reason TTP wants to kill Hafiz Saeed is because HS speaks against Indian state terrorism in Kashmir

Whatever you believe.

If he had limited his activities to only Kashmir,I would not have cared because I know he can do nilch in Kashmir except send some young men regularly to be hunted down by the Army while crossing the LoC itself.

I only wish this fate onto him because he and his cohorts masterminded the death of 166 innocents in Mumbai alone which is not disputed territory. How many of you chuckled in glee when Mushy killed Bugti ? The feeling is mutual.

As for Arundati Roy,she is as good as dead to me.She has done a crucial mistake --- compare herself with Nehru and Congress will not forgive her for that.So she is out.

Guys, why are you hijacking the thread? This is about terrorism threat in Pakistan's Punjab. Let people discuss the topic on hand 'coz it's something serious I think.

India want to cash Zardari regime as much as possible.

batman i like most of your posts but that scumbag mushy is part of the problem ,cant you see he let the drones in he is trying to make a come back ,trys to get symphathy india didnt give him visa when this *** hole was best buddy with bush ,israel and usa love him second to zardari.mush will do as he is told ,isi tells him inside job on 9/11 this ***** never even touch's the subject like chomsky .

Back
Top Bottom