What's new

Troops get supplies despite Pak's border closure: Pentagon

here is some info to calm down the itches of the indians

Stranded Nato vehicles clog up ports | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

Four container ships and two vehicle carriers have unloaded around 2,000 boxes and 1,200 military vehicles since late last month, clogging the container terminals.

Already over 600 trucks loaded with containers and oil tankers which were on way to Afghanistan through Torkham and Chaman before the imposition of the embargo are stranded there because they were not allowed by security forces to cross the border.

According to shipping sources, one day before the transit facility for US-led forces was withdrawn by the government after the Nov 26 attacks, a vehicle carrier, Alliance Charston, unloaded 400 military vehicles belonging to the US army. On a second trip the same carrier brought 800 military vehicles.

The other container carriers which reported during this period are Liberty Promise and President Jackson, which called on Nov 29, and President Truman (Dec 7).

According to the manifest, these ships mostly carried military hardware, spares, vehicles and foodstuffs.

Best would be to auction these off ( or just dump them in the Sea )

now we wait for the indian circus to begin around this

There is a good chance the Pakistani supply route will open in a few days.

The equation is just not in Pakistan's favor.

Just as an example, two million Pakistani textile jobs depend on the exports to USA (from what I have read). May be more on exports to Europe.

Leave aside the aid, just the stopping of those exports could cause a mighty problem for Pakistan.

Hope it doesn't come to that and Afghanistan is allowed to have a semblance of stability and freedom from those medieval Talibs.

If that doesn't happen, the worst losers will be Afghans and Pakistanis. And much of the Islamic world.

There is a good chance the Pakistani supply route will open in a few days.

The equation is just not in Pakistan's favor.

Just as an example, two million Pakistani textile jobs depend on the exports to USA (from what I have read). May be more on exports to Europe.

Leave aside the aid, just the stopping of those exports could cause a mighty problem for Pakistan.

Hope it doesn't come to that and Afghanistan is allowed to have a semblance of stability and freedom from those medieval Talibs.

If that doesn't happen, the worst losers will be Afghans and Pakistanis. And much of the Islamic world.

if this is giving so much heartache to the indians then surely Pakistan has got it right!!
you need not show your fake concerns about Pakistan's well being , all one has to do is to read the vermin vomit that bhartis do on bharat bakbak to know the real face of indians.

I would greatly think about this because as I have read thru the thread, you are depending that Americans have no other alternatives besides Pakistan for it's benefits in Afganistan. Anyways the discussion was this believe that Pakistan is on the right track, financial retaliation is what counts now., Where all your financial indicators or no way close to that statement, and this strategy taken is based on emotions only not financially.........

Regarding the name calling that happens because an answer is not given straight......

Thanks..

Firstly sir I do believe that Americans would have a dozen ways to get the supplies to their troops but it is not the number of roads which lead to a destination it is the most effective yet efficient route which matters. You might have not clearly understood the context in which I used the word financial. USA since long have been blackmailing us via financial aid and even gets away with murder thus I believe that retaliation now is required to get the message across that no longer would we allow ourselves to get blackmailed financially. Years of being bullied around will bring in some emotions which is natural….
Honestly speaking I enjoyed having this conversation with you and couldn’t reply to your post as quickly as you would’ve preferred due to a moderate speed internet connection which hinders the quick refreshing of threads.

You take care now.

That is exactly right........ There is an old saying "Money talk's and Bullsh*t walk's". I think Pakistanies are assuming that alternative will be better in terms of financially!!!!!!!!!!!

which lead to a destination it is the most effective yet efficient route which matters.

And that is the most efficient route thru Pakistan, Yes, I think the whole world know this answer. But keep in mind, that this strategy has been used numerous times in the fight of al queda (bin laden) in the past, and of course the honey has been MONEY from the statessss... Why do you think this time it will be any different?????????

Does not the fact that we are willingly spending billions in the WoT, and in rebuilding Afghanistan, depict our commitment to fighting terrorism and bringing stability in the region? The cost of war may be high, but the end goal, of creating a safe and progressive future for the children of the entire world, is priceless. When we access the benefits gained by having an Afghanistan free of terror havens and suicide attacks, the costs and the sacrifices are considered worthwhile. The recent cross border incident has caused yet more friction between the U.S. and Pakistan, but despite these frictions and differences, both countries understand that ultimately to achieve the common goal of defeating terrorism, we have to cooperate and work together.

Both countries acknowledge the dire need for eliminating militants from the region in order to achieve peace and stability in Afghanistan and Pakistan. We have faced obstacles in the War on Terror, especially concerning the AFG - PAK border, and even before the Nov 26th incident, we had recognized the need for better coordination between ISAF and the Pakistani military. Therefore, General Allen has been continuously reaching out to General Kayani to improve our relationship and our coordination so that we can avoid further tragedies along the border. Rest assured, as our Defense Secretary, Leon Panetta, has stated, “Our command structure has done an incredible job ensuring that one way or another, we are able to get those supplies in. Ultimately, restoring a solid relationship goes well beyond supply routes and border operations.”

MAJ David Nevers,
DET – U.S. Central Command.
U.S. Central Command

And that is the most efficient route thru Pakistan, Yes, I think the whole world know this answer. But keep in mind, that this strategy has been used numerous times in the fight of al queda (bin laden) in the past, and of course the honey has been MONEY from the statessss... Why do you think this time it will be any different?????????

I will not defend the mistakes made by our politicians in the past but this time its different as 28 soldiers were martyred in a one sided battle. We love our military and this time the friendlies have attacked our pride and honour. I do not care which oute America takes but ONE of the effective routes are closed for them. Shamsi air base has been shut for them so they will now use Afghanistan but their drones are not entering our airbase. Don't trust what all CNN tells you brother.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Does not the fact that we are willingly spending billions in the WoT, and in rebuilding Afghanistan, depict our commitment to fighting terrorism and bringing stability in the region? The cost of war may be high, but the end goal, of creating a safe and progressive future for the children of the entire world, is priceless. When we access the benefits gained by having an Afghanistan free of terror havens and suicide attacks, the costs and the sacrifices are considered worthwhile. The recent cross border incident has caused yet more friction between the U.S. and Pakistan, but despite these frictions and differences, both countries understand that ultimately to achieve the common goal of defeating terrorism, we have to cooperate and work together.

Both countries acknowledge the dire need for eliminating militants from the region in order to achieve peace and stability in Afghanistan and Pakistan. We have faced obstacles in the War on Terror, especially concerning the AFG - PAK border, and even before the Nov 26th incident, we had recognized the need for better coordination between ISAF and the Pakistani military. Therefore, General Allen has been continuously reaching out to General Kayani to improve our relationship and our coordination so that we can avoid further tragedies along the border. Rest assured, as our Defense Secretary, Leon Panetta, has stated, “Our command structure has done an incredible job ensuring that one way or another, we are able to get those supplies in. Ultimately, restoring a solid relationship goes well beyond supply routes and border operations.”

MAJ David Nevers,
DET – U.S. Central Command.
U.S. Central Command

Do you really believe this my friend ?

Back
Top Bottom