What's new

Tripura governor Patil to draw token salary of 1

Manindra

Reaction score
Country
India
Tripura Governor D.Y. Patil has announced that he will draw Re 1 as his monthly salary instead of his allocated salary of Rs. 1.1 lakh.

Patil, who hails from the Maharashtra, took oath as the governor of Tripura on November 27.

An educationist, the 74-year-old Patil is the founder of DY Patil University that runs several engineering, medical and other colleges in Navi Mumbai, Pune and Kolhapur.

It also runs hospitals in Navi Mumbai, Pune and Kolhapur.

Patil has also served on several education-related bodies of the Centre as well as Maharashtra government.“In all my appointments on government bodies so far, I never took salary or just took token salary. I am just maintaining that tradition,” Patil told Hindustan Times on Friday.

“According to the Governors’ Emoluments, Allowances and (Privilege) Act, 1982, the emolument to every governor is Rs. 1.1 lakh per month. However, the governor has decided to accept Re 1 per month as token remuneration,” said a Tripura Raj Bhavan official.

Patil said he was preparing plans for the development of the Northeastern state. “In the past few days after I took over, I travelled across the state to find out what problems the people were facing. I would soon work out a plan for development of the state.”

Tripura governor Patil to draw token salary of Re 1 - Hindustan Times

He is a millionare already. .
His group possesses asset’s worth 500 crores!! :woot: Enough to feed his next 25 generations!! Now a salary of Rs 1 Lakh would be chicken feed! So what better way to score some brownie points by showing to the world that he will forgo his pay and accept only Rs 1 as salary? What the fookin' big deal? Jeeez!

He is Rich but still his efforts are welcome in our Society because HUMAN GREED has no end. There are not many good persons like him, even if they are ****** rich. My salute to Mr. Patil for such a step....:fans::cray::drag:

His group possesses asset’s worth 500 crores!! :woot: Enough to feed his next 25 generations!! Now a salary of Rs 1 Lakh would be chicken feed! So what better way to score some brownie points by showing to the world that he will forgo his pay and accept only Rs 1 as salary? What the fookin' big deal? Jeeez!

He took ₹ 1 salary since 1967 and how many billionare or millionare do this .

bullsh*t, people still fall for these gimmicks..lol.
take the money do the job properly(cut ribbons with enthusiasm, and give speeches, be fair to local govt), dont sleep around with ladies half your age... :angel:

bullsh*t, people still fall for these gimmicks..lol.
take the money do the job properly(cut ribbons with enthusiasm, and give speeches, be fair to local govt), dont sleep around with ladies half your age... :angel:

First read his work history then comment and for bolded comment your target is Indian Playboy N.D. Tiwari , but you are weak in calculation. He sleep around those ladies whom age is four time less than him. :lol:

HE IS REALLY A BILLIONARE , WELL HOPE MOST OF YOU GUYS DONT KNOW BUT HE AND Mr SHARAD PAWAR , DO THE SAME BUISENESS ........
HE OWNS A STADIUM , MANY COLLEGES , HE HAS MONEY PUT IN LAVASA PROJECT , NOW WHAT ELSE HE WANTS , THE WHOLE INDIA .....

Why is this news ?

Instead of leaving the 1 lakh with GOI to squander, he should have donated this sum each month for the education &b upkeep of five girl children in orphanages.

He can still do it.

why is it difficult it appreciate a good decision, he is millioare so what ? how many of our parliamentarians are not ???? and how many of them is doing it ?? in there case they can publicize it for vote, this man isn't even contesting in election..and he is not drawing salary doesn't affect his quality of work..positively or negatively.

Tripura Governor D.Y. Patil has announced that he will draw Re 1 as his monthly salary instead of his allocated salary of Rs. 1.1 lakh.

Patil, who hails from the Maharashtra, took oath as the governor of Tripura on November 27.

An educationist, the 74-year-old Patil is the founder of DY Patil University that runs several engineering, medical and other colleges in Navi Mumbai, Pune and Kolhapur.

It also runs hospitals in Navi Mumbai, Pune and Kolhapur.

Patil has also served on several education-related bodies of the Centre as well as Maharashtra government.“In all my appointments on government bodies so far, I never took salary or just took token salary. I am just maintaining that tradition,” Patil told Hindustan Times on Friday.

“According to the Governors’ Emoluments, Allowances and (Privilege) Act, 1982, the emolument to every governor is Rs. 1.1 lakh per month. However, the governor has decided to accept Re 1 per month as token remuneration,” said a Tripura Raj Bhavan official.

Patil said he was preparing plans for the development of the Northeastern state. “In the past few days after I took over, I travelled across the state to find out what problems the people were facing. I would soon work out a plan for development of the state.”

Tripura governor Patil to draw token salary of Re 1 - Hindustan Times

What a EFFING FRAUD this D.Y.Patil is!!!!:omghaha:

Hi sons and all assorted Chamchas have made Billions already from the Businesses that this A$$hole runs in the name of educational institutions. Now just take for example the D.Y.Patil Satidium in Nerul. It is built on land that was allotted to him for making sports facilities for students in his college next door. Not for earning Millions from Ground rent from IPL, Fashion and Music Shows and Religious Gatherings.

He has a Medical College that is still running on provisional accredition by MCI for lack of sufficient facilities. Even his DU was facing de-recognition by UGC for non-compliance of norms. Since it is the matter of a Legal Suit in the SC along with similarly affected DUs it still chugs along. This scam is possible only due to the work of a bigger A$$hole; the late Arjun Singh the erstwhile Sultan of Chorhat in MP. Who allowed some 100+ DUs to come up a good 50+ of which came up in Chattisgarh alone, some operating from Garages and Shops!! Kapil Sibal as HR Minister tried to sort out the mess, but ............... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom