What's new

Treat me like Anna Hazare: Irom Sharmila to PM

baker

Reaction score
New Delhi: Manipur's iron lady Irom Sharmila, who is on fast for the past 11 years to demand the repeal of the AFPSA, spoke exclusively to CNN-IBN saying that once the government accepts her demands she will break her fast.

Anubha Bhonsle: In this room of the Jawaharlal Nehru hospital as a prisoner, as someone who is in judicial custody, what would you like to say to the Prime Minister> You've never addressed him.

Irom Sharmila: First I would like to request him to just look at me like Anna Hazare. So so I, I just like to request him send his to change his mind-set

Anubha Bhonsle: What do you think about his protest?

Irom Sharmila: I actually revere his crusade, really. But, there is some misunderstanding about my comments.

Anubha Bhonsle: Why did you use the word artificial? you said his was an artificial protest. Why did you say that?

Irom Sharmila: I used that very word in comparison between us. His struggle has been for a very, very short span but all the bureaucrats support it. I know those, those very prominent persons are corrupted.

Anubha Bhonsle: You never feel like leading what is called a 'normal life' like other people?

Irom Sharmila: Why not? I will resume normal life after,after getting my goal after achieving it. It is somewhat odd how I live, it is very odd but our, our corcerned authorities is contented with treating me.

Anubha Bhonsle: Sharmila, you have been fasting with all this innocence for the last ten years, its going to be eleven years in November. Why do you think people have not responded to you like that?

Irom Sharmila: The Union government, they think, they observe - Its not that people are inefficient regarding with the men and people - they don't like to treat us like Anna.

Anubha Bhonsle: why do they treat you differently? Why are you not allowed to go and protest in a big maidan or in a big park?

Irom Sharmila: Oh how? I am in prison. I have no freedom.

Anubha Bhonsle: What if the Parliament came together to request Irom Sharmila 'break your fast, we will do a debate whether the state need AFPSA or not. We will negotiate, but, break your fast'.

Irom Sharmila: How can I trust them? Just their after their commitment, just after they do in practice and their sign, i will break my fast, without seeing any change...

Treat me like Anna Hazare: Irom Sharmila to PM - India News - IBNLive

Back
Top Bottom