What's new

Top Trump adviser Steve Bannon loves Hindu Bhagavad Gita

Reaction score
Country
India
You can also find Bannon’s affection for military and strategic ruthlessness in what he reads. According to two of Bannon’s former friends from his West Coast days, two of his favorite books are Sun Tzu’s
The Art of War , the hugely influential ancient Chinese text on military strategy, and the Hindu Bhagavad Gita . The Bhagavad Gita tells the story of a holy war to establish dharma.

Jones said that Bannon “used to talk a lot about dharma—he felt very strongly about dharma... one of the strongest principles throughout the Bhagavad Gita.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/31/steve-bannon-s-long-love-affair-with-war.html

Last edited:
Sun Tzu's The Art of War has to be one of the most over-rated military books in existence. Quoted by armchair generals everywhere -- and business-types -- all it contains is a whole lot of common sense. It may sound poetic, but in reality, it's practical.

That is one heck of a thing to be proud of! Bannon loving your book. So much in common.
"Our" books don't have anywhere near as much significance in our political discourse and daily lives etc as your book(s) do with you lot.

It's a decent read, nothing spectacular, quite good in bits.. you should read a summary booklet thingy on it just to get an idea anyway. I've gone through a shit tonne of Islamic literature (hadiths etc) , reading is good.

Sun Tzu's The Art of War has to be one of the most over-rated military books in existence. Quoted by armchair generals everywhere -- and business-types -- all it contains is a whole lot of common sense. It may sound poetic, but in reality, it's practical.

Is this a joke or is this really shitty trolling?

I find Robert green's "the 33 strategy of war" much better than the Art Of War...i actually got backlogs because because of that book..waa reading it when i had exams next morning:(

I find Robert green's "the 33 strategy of war" much better than the Art Of War...i actually got backlogs because because of that book..waa reading it when i had exams next morning:(
Plan to read it.

Plan to read it.

Back
Top Bottom