What's new

Top Secret Indian Government documents sneaked into by Chinese hackers

There is a news on TV, that Chinese Hackers hack some important information of indian military intelligence, victim includes 35 Military intelligence departments...any info.:china:

ITs just hot air. No other person working outside these agencies can hack the GOI/MOD/DRDO systems.Only reason being they are not inter-networked,but are intra-networked.

There is a protocol that abides the public servants from connecting to internet via their client stations.

Not to mention the way MOD and DRDO intra-networking with supercomputers.And no way a Joe can browse internet.

They might have atmost hacked the general systems which only carry basic logs and some random cookies :P

Though the usage of powerful terminals might not appeal to public, but the servers in the cold room are no less than high performance SC

already discussed about this mods please merge the thread

The Reality.....As I mentioned earlier... Indians at their best again... we are IT giant, much more advanced than China but reluctant to use it for defence or even security....

In fact, Indian agencies have been on alert for some time now, and their preventive actions have been reasonably successful. The national security establishment, defence and intelligence agencies follow a complex, multi-layered system to avoid access to their information. Officials said the really classified stuff was not on open networks at all.

However, other parts of the government, for instance, the finance ministry, have been compromised according to sources familiar with developments, because their security may be that much more lax.

A quiet effort is underway to set up defensive mechanisms, but cyber warfare is yet to become a big component of India's security doctrine. Dedicated teams of officials, all underpaid of course, are involved in a daily deflection of attacks. But the real gap in the Indian system is that a retaliatory offensive system has not yet been created to counter them. And it's not difficult, said sources. Chinese networks are very porous, and India is an acknowledged IT giant.

During M K Narayanan's tenure as national security advisor, the NSC had developed a comprehensive cyber security policy, but this was never implemented.

India was aware of hacking threat - India - The Times of India

^^what IT giant? if it was so easy why haven't they retaliated yet?

The problem with us is that we only talk.

i agree with you but my point is how can u hack a server sitting in an entirely different country which isz not even connected to internet

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Catch some breath man.. your head must be spinning with all the yelling and head banging through out this thread by now..:rofl:..

Last edited:
@connanxlrc1000

May be you do not know that writing full sentence in capital fonts is against forum's rule or prohibited. If mod will know then he will delete those posts of you.

^^what IT giant? if it was so easy why haven't they retaliated yet?

The problem with us is that we only talk.

Thats what I said in my post,India is the only country with admirable IT and space power which does not use them for her security. BTW you should read this lines as well... As I mentioned earlier no important documents were kept on the computers which are connected to the network. They have secure intranetworks for communication which is not connected with www or internet.

"In fact, Indian agencies have been on alert for some time now, and their preventive actions have been reasonably successful. The national security establishment, defence and intelligence agencies follow a complex, multi-layered system to avoid access to their information. Officials said the really classified stuff was not on open networks at all."

Catch some breath man.. your head must be spinning with all the yelling and head banging through out this thread by now..:rofl:..

agreed dude cant help as long s we get some of the dumbest news:cheers:

I don't agree with that "India is IT giant".

For your surprise, Chinese companies hold more patents in software than Indian companies.

Software is not just about desktops and laptops. There is software in embedded hardware systems too. This is where china has beaten India.

Also, this "IT giant" India has lowest penetration of fiber optics in country. How India is IT giant then?

Better Indians focus on real work than boasting in media going around like fools saying "we are IT superpower". That's a joke played around in media, by few fools in Indian IT industry(for PR purpose) which illiterate leaders of country took seriously.

Also, China has already catched up India in software capabilities(its not measured on exports to US market. That's a narrow metric.) too. While Indian businessmen are busy wasting thousand carores on Cricket.

Oops, did I forget to mention that most of those telecom broadband network over which your BSNL(2mbps) connection run is from Chinese companies. None of it is made by "IT giant" India.

"IT giant" India is good at only making invoice and banking softwares and services(labour work thrown by Western Software giants who focus on "real" R&D work).

Frankly speaking, Indians have no idea how far they are lagging. They are busy gloating on "software" bus which they have missed too. Infosys ex-Chairman Narayanan has accepted this in public.

Not to mention, China is atleast 30 years ahead of India in semiconductor technology alone while Indians are confused whether they should invest in R&D or keep begging USA for it.

India's biggest failure is lack of "work culture". China is far ahead in this aspect. Indian workforce is lethargic and lax. China is fast catching Japan. Now you can jump on my head and quote some Western study of how China is exploiting cheap labour. Sure, but thats a narrow view only, not full picture and unfortunately, Indians love to keep themselves in delusions by believing in this narrow picture of China.

Ask any Indian who has landed in China and worked there for atleast a week. He will tell you why Indians are ignorant fools when it comes to their mindset towards China.

One secret behind China's manufacturing success is - yes, they are cheap labour but they are very hard-working too. I can't say same about India. India has a long way to go.

Indians might like to believe that China lacks freedom but thats not reality. China has managed to build an eco-system where an individual freedom doesn't interfere with state. China's image in Indian mind is far away from reality.

All those google-doogle issues you see in media are pure politics. Average Chinese on street doesn't give sh1t to what some western search engine company(Google) think of China or what US govt. says. But, quite interestingly, Indian elites love to ape what USA says or does. Well, that's different story. Lets leave it here.

Last edited:
why are people posting this joke ?

Its over used and done for.

QUOTE=informer;781486]China hacks many countries information, it's a well known fact.[/QUOTE]

NSA x 20

Back
Top Bottom