What's new

Top cops divided on Love Jihad "campaign has struck a chord with several senior police officers"

Winchester

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Discussion on Internet forum turns heated
“Love jihad” may be merely a fear fantasy of Hindutva propagandists, but the campaign has struck a chord with several senior police officers across the country.

Such is the traction that “love jihad”— the notion that there is a global Islamist conspiracy to seduce Hindu women and convert them to Islam — has gained among a section of Indian Police Service (IPS) officers that a debate on the subject on “TopCop,” a discussion forum on Yahoo!, had to be discontinued after some members turned vituperative against Muslims and Islam.

Serving and retired IPS officers are members of the TopCop Internet forum and The Hindu was allowed access by one of them who found the trend “disturbing and alarming.”

“What is shocking is not to know that such prejudices exist among us because we knew that always. That IPS officers can say such things with such brazenness adds another dimension, which is new,” the officer told The Hindu.

“‘Love jihad’ exists. It is a reality… Hindu girls are marrying Muslim boys. It is not a two-way traffic. That would be termed a secular drift,” one post by a 1965-batch officer read.

“’Love Jihad’ as a phenomenon is true and correct as an organised crime,” an officer of the 2003 batch, who spent two years in Uttar Pradesh, said. Though the uniformed supporters of “love jihad” ignored questions from their colleagues on whether any statistics or proof existed to prove such allegations, there were several officers who condemned these views. “What is this us and them? I hope you remember the oath you took when you entered service,” an officer of the 1996 batch wrote chiding the 2003-batch officer quoted earlier.

Some support ‘Love jihad’ theory, but many don’t

The moderator of TopCop, an Internet discussion forum of serving and retired IPS officers, called for the discontinuation of a debate on “love jihad” this week, with the comment that it was turning into a “reiteration of deeply held views and has the potential to become more acerbic.” “I would therefore request all to close this topic and move on.”

While a section of officials declared its approval of the Sangh Parivar campaign on “love jihad,” several officials questioned the argument. An official of the 1990 batch, who has interviewed 49 militant jihadis, said he found no evidence supporting the allegation. “This is not part of any Islamist doctrine, ideology or stated agenda. In fact, what you find is a highly puritanical approach that views any such romantic inclination as sin and grossly abhorrent,” he said.

Another officer from West Bengal wrote: “Even if a large number of Hindu girls are marrying Muslim boys and converting to Islam, what can be the problem for the community and the police. Every adult individual is free to make his or her choices in the matters so subjective and personal as falling in love and getting married.”

While the debate is on love jihad, one participant takes it to a different plane by inviting attention to an alleged “sexual jihad,” “being embraced, apparently voluntarily, by many young Muslim women across the Islamic world.” Offering what he believes is a more balanced view, a 1986-batch officer from Telangana said: “The believing young men who try to convert their non-believing girlfriends before marriage just wish to secure their place in heaven and may have no malicious intention personally.”

But resistance to Muslim boys marrying Hindu girls is not a preserve of the Hindutva right alone, as one officer of the West Bengal cadre narrates.

“During my tenure as SP, one progressive Minister’s relative fell in love with a Muslim boy and changed her religion to expedite marriage under Islamic practice. All progressiveness of the Minister vanished and he put pressure on me through an ADG to arrest the boy and his father.

When I refused to obey the illegal order, the ADG threatened me of consequences.”

Top cops divided on ‘love jihad’ - The Hindu

May be there is no evidence of Love Jihad.But the following conversion after marriage is indeed a threat .Till now we dont heard about a fully secular Muslim nation .Minorities are not safe in Islamic nation like they get from Indian or any other west nations.
In these democratic nations minorities are protected by stringent laws .But that is not the case of Islamic nations.
So it would be good to keep the demography like it now.

there are 14 cases reported till now in just last two months

Girls dont know more about Islamic tradition.Unlike Hindus or Christians ,Muslims dont allow ,except liberal, noon muslims in their home.They will think otherwise and atlast they will trapped .
But using Hindu names for that might be an organized crimes.Why dont they reveal their true identity?
Something fishy about that.
But it is all about Girls common sense and literacy .If girls are that dumb to trust some words in FB ,Then it always will be their fault .Not others.

If I were in shoes of a Hindu I wouldn't speak about love-jihad at all. Talking about it will make the rebellious leftist Hindu women to marry more Muslims :azn:

They need to blame themselves. They never keep their women in check unlike us. Hindu women have more power and rights than Hindu men. And they are only to be blamed for this situation.

If I were in shoes of a Hindu I wouldn't speak about love-jihad at all. Talking about it will make the rebellious leftist Hindu women to marry more Muslims :azn:

They need to blame themselves. They never keep their women in check unlike us. Hindu women have more power and rights than Hindu men. And they are only to be blamed for this situation.
good make your sister wear at least 3 layers of burkha .
we know you guys are like those muslim dictators when it comes to controlling your sisters .

Left wing women in India are mainly low caste tribal types, Maoist supporters basically. I hope you Mussulman are into that
Majority of Hindu women are leftist with feminist leaning. You wonder why us Muslims boys find it easy to date/marry to them?

good make your sister wear at least 3 layers of burkha .
we know you guys are like those muslim dictators when it comes to controlling your sisters .
That's how women should behave. You can clearly see the consquences of Hindu women being give too much freedom and rights. That is why we oppose Uniform civil code.

And then you blame Muslims guys for your own mistakes. Look at how well-behaved cultured Muslim girls are. They won't fall for such love-jihad tricks if Hindu guys tried.

Majority of Hindu women are leftist with feminist leaning. You wonder why us Muslims boys find it easy to date/marry to them?
LOL find it easy ???
90% of muslim men are either carpenters or plumbers here , try some educated hindu girl and see what you get.

LOL find it easy ???
90% of muslim men are either carpenters or plumbers here , try some educated hindu girl and see what you get.
Keep living in denial. I don't give a f--k.

I as an Indian Muslim accepted the problem, gave reasons and solution for it. But you my friend want to still live in denial.

Hindu girls don't even listen to their fathers and brothers. On other hand Muslim girls won't ever argue with their family.

This is what you wanted. This is what you get.

That's how women should behave. You can clearly see the consquences of Hindu women being give too much freedom and rights. That is why we oppose Uniform civil code.

And then you blame Muslims guys for your own mistakes. Look at how well-behaved cultured Muslim girls are. They won't fall for such love-jihad tricks if Hindu guys tried.

if i shoot you in the chest and say this is the consequence of you not wearing a bullet proof jacket , what an idiot i would make out of myself .

your logic or did i forget i was arguing with a brainwashed madrasah graduate
as i said we are not going to get into this 'who is the bigger savage here' competition with mullahs , you can continue with your love jihad , while the entire world would know how innocent peaceful muslims are .

if i shoot you in the chest and say this is the consequence of you not wearing a bullet proof jacket , what an idiot i would make out of myself .

your logic or did i forget i was arguing with a brainwashed madrasah graduate
as i said we are not going to get into this 'who is the bigger savage here' competition with mullahs , you can continue with your love jihad , while the entire world would know how innocent peaceful muslims are .
why are you indulging a troll .... let him be.

@blood Like I care what you think of me?

All I can tell you is most of Indian Muslims will never accept this problem. I did and told you the reasons behind it. But your false-pride and ego won't let you think straight.

Keep whining about it as usual. This problem can only get bigger because you people blame Muslim males instead of your Girls.

you know most of the educated hindu families are highly moderate and they don't put any restrictions on their girls unlike muslims where their girls are trained like circus monkeys .

that said its a fact that a lot of our girls are very ignorant about muslims , its good to have mordern values but at the same time you should see weather the other person also have the same kind of thinking or whats his real agenda.

islam is a very medieval ideology and most of the muslims still treat their women as some personal property . Now we can't get into this 'who is the bigger savage here' competition with them and start targeting their women or brainwash our women , ask them to wear a burkha and make them sit at home .

Its good this issue is being raised so that atleast some awareness is created .

This is not how an awareness created among public.
This whole noise are just a political drama.Real awareness should start from Family .
Then family to community .But whole that thing should done quietly.These noise making only cause division in our society.

don't worry we accept it as a problem and the amount of media attention it's getting all mullah idiots will live their entire life as celibate from now on and do you know why?? because mullah send their sister to marry in saudi arabia. Your sacred anceestral home
Try to make sense.

Media is siding with us. The way I see it more attention this receives, more number of incidents will occur.

Generally we find it easy to have relationship with non-Muslim girls. It is a matter of pride for us and our families if we marry and convert a non-Muslim. In case of Hindus its generally opposite.

Control and discipline your women or more Hindus girls will run away with Muslim boys.

Sir, why are you deluding yourself? Just because a couple of low caste women are with Muslims doesn't make it normal.
So Mamta kulkarni,Aishwarya,Gauri,Divya bharti etc were all low caste women? Stop deluding yourself.

I am telling you what no Indian Muslim will every tell you. I personally know 3 brahmin girls who married Muslim boys. I have never heard of Muslim girls marrying Hindu boys in real life.

Good to know our police can still be trusted. I was beginning to lose hope thinking they are turning soft and thus secular.

You need to act like Xinjiang does when it comes to dealing with the moslems

Back
Top Bottom