What's new

To Indians and followers of Hindu religion

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
For the sake of knowledge, want to know how you see thousand year of muslims rule over Sub-continent. Also the entry of Mohammad Bin Qasim in Sind. (Addressing only Hindu or Hindu religion follower is not kinda religious profiling, just to get the point of view)(please no bashing)

muslims never ruled Bharat for 1000 yrs thats rubbish the moghuls were defeated by the Marathi empire and the Sikh empire

Muslim Period 1100–1800 CE
Islamic Rulers 1206–1707 CE
- Delhi Sultanate 1206–1526 CE
- Deccan Sultanates 1490–1596 CE

Vijayanagara Empire 1336–1646 CE
Mughal Empire 1526–1803 CE
Maratha Empire 1674–1818 CE

You have to understand only time when Muslims ruled almost of the S. Asia was under the Mughals..

mughal.jpg

Right after it got to its peak, it crumbled under pressure from Marathas, Sikhs, etc..

When modern North west India and Pakistan was being invaded by Muslims, Empires like the Cholas wasnt being affected..

Rajendra_map_new.png

@Yeti

You forgot the Ghaznavids and Timurids, these were Turk - Ruled Muslim Empires which Conquerd Parts of India !

They were Turkic, and Timur plundered and left. Ghaznavid had parts of Pakistan and North west India.

Indeed, the mughals too were a Turkic people.

They are a hybrid of many peoples.

Sons_of_Bahadur_Shah_Zafar.jpg

Zeenat_Mahal.jpg

Bahadur_Shah_Zafar.jpg

The Ghaznavid empire grew to cover much of present-day Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and northwest India, and the Ghaznavids are generally credited with launching Islam into Hindu-dominated India. In addition to the wealth accumulated through raiding Indian cities, and exacting tribute from Indian Rajas the Ghaznavids also benefited from their position as an intermediary along the trade routes between China and the Mediterranean. They were however unable to hold power for long and by 1040 the Seljuks had taken over their Persian domains and a century later the Ghurids took over their remaining sub-continental lands.

@ TechLahore

I know Babur was Turk which come from Todays Uzbekistan, he settled in Afghanistan. From Afghanistan he tried to Conquer the Capaital of the Mughals(Samarquand) back, but can't hold it against the Uzbek. Later he concetratet his Actions on Indian Subcontinent.

Ok let me give my view

People like Timur, Ghazni, Muhhamed-Bin-Qasim etc were mere looters and thugs.

However the Mughals under Babur came as Invaders but were slowly assimilated into Indian culture, and India prospered under the rule of Akbar and his sucessors.

Alas this process was not to be with the rise of Auranzeb and his bigotry.

The Sikhs and Marathas got pissed off with his policies and destroyed the Mughal Empire

Timur, Ghazni, Muhhamed-Bin-Qasim, etc looted and brought the loot back to their land. Mughals, India was their land.

First of all India was NOT under Muslim rule for 1000 years..I guess you are not including South-India,Marathas,Sikhs and Rajputs in your INDIA..

Regarding Muhammad Bin Qasim,Mahmood Ghaznavi and Muhammad Ghouri..
They were looters who had a great fighting force at their disposal who plundered the Hindukush region and this was a normal thing those days..

If i have to choose the most powerful King in the Indian subcontinent , I would choose Chandragupta Mourya , Ashok , Porus (i know many people here believe that Alexandar defeated Porus but what i have come to know after extensive research ,thats not the truth.) , Shershah Suri , Hyder Ali,Tipu Sultan and Maharaja Ranjeet singh..

Back
Top Bottom