What's new

To ease Pak energy crisis, India sends officials with pipeline offer

India has to first make up it's mind, is a stable and prosperous Pakistan in India's favor with the current Pakistani mindset I don't think it is, so by helping Pakistan India is just shooting itself in the foot

Gas to Pakistan will be used by Hafiz Saeed and Co to spew more gas against India! :argh: :P

In addition, the Difa-e-Pakistan Council is going to go to town and haul the new government over the coals on this issue! How can infidel gas be allowed to flow into Pakistan? :lol:

Wasn't there a thread yesterday that Nawaz's convoy was stopped for Army Chief. Thats the main issue with Pakistan. No matter what Miansahab says we don't know if it will implemented on the ground.

So congi Govt instead of Jumping up and down like a teenage girl should wait for that ground situation to change (i.e. PA under Civilian Govt.) only then any kind of overtures makes sense.

Otherwise talk directly to Kayani.

LOL!! it will be outsourced by india from qatar!!

this is a joke right?

i mean india is trying to make money by out sourcing the qatar gas to pakistan

india thinks pakistan is a foolish country, no wonder ganja is but lets hope ganja does better this time, if not for pak sake then his politics sake

India already has LNG de-gasification installations for use with imported LNG from Qatar. However, energy is a strategic weapon and the Risk of India shutting off the supplies in case of worsening border situation and plunging north Pakistan into darkness will be there.

I would not accept a perpetual ‘Damocles Sword’ hanging on Pakistan’s vital energy supplies. IMHO, we should sincerely thank India for this generous offer but decline politely. Instead we should invest in our own LNG import facility and buy from Qatar or any other source.

India already has LNG de-gasification installations for use with imported LNG from Qatar. However, energy is a strategic weapon and the Risk of India shutting off the supplies in case of worsening border situation and plunging north Pakistan into darkness will be there.

I would not accept a perpetual ‘Damocles Sword’ hanging on Pakistan’s vital energy supplies. IMHO, we should sincerely thank India for this generous offer but decline politely. Instead we should invest in our own LNG import facility and buy from Qatar or any other source.

Plunge North Pakistan into darkness? Err...like now? This idea is itself an hedge against worsening border(or otherwise) situations. No need to allow for a perpetual Damocles sword, you can use this for immediate relief & work out your long term plans as you wish. Investing in facilities is easier than done, Pakistan can do with a little less capital expense now. If you think the Indian offer is a dangerous proposition that cannot be accepted, how on earth are you going to justify asking India to take that risk with any pipeline crossing your territory.

india thinks pakistan is a foolish country, no wonder ganja is

India knows how Pakistan works.

Ganja will buy the gas at a premium, pay for it with foreign loans, pocket a hefty commission, and claim that he has "solved" Pakistan's energy problems.

The bill, and consequences, will be someone else's problem ten years down the line.

What a stupid decision.

Take pipeline should come to pak then to india. Not that it should go to india first then pak. We lie more closer to ME then india.

LOL!! it will be outsourced by india from qatar!!

this is a joke right?

i mean india is trying to make money by out sourcing the qatar gas to pakistan

india thinks pakistan is a foolish country, no wonder ganja is but lets hope ganja does better this time, if not for pak sake then his politics sake

You cannot just bring Gas from anywhere anytime. You need pipeline infrastructure. Its true that India is importing gas from Qatar but Pakistan will not be able to build up that infrastructure that quickly. It may take Pakistan a few years to build that infrastructure till that time Pakistan can use Exported gas from India to meet immediate needs. Also india and increase its utilization. It is nothing but common sense.

that's when you know Pakistan's been mis-managed and will again be run by bloody civilian crooks

we are sitting on more untapped reserves than ALL of india combined and here they are talking about IMPORTING natural gas -- and that too from india?

you've got to be God damn shytting me

had to log on after seeing this nonsense.

what a wonderful 5 years we have coming up

Bombay 26/11. Why are we making such offers ?

P.S- Why do Pakistanis keep calling Nawaz Sahrif Ganja ? Those days are long gone.

Back
Top Bottom