What's new

To Counter China And Pak Port, PM Modi Will Sign In Iran For Chabahar Port

And this my friend, is where I stop debating with you any further. Coz now this conversation has started leaving the domain of logic and healthy debate, and started to enter the realm of jingoism and petty thuggery. :coffee:

Thing is, India wants to "counter" Pakistan and China via Charbahar. That in itself is nothing more then bravado I am afraid. And its not like India not trying to sabotage Gawadar and CPEC. Mr Kulbashan Jadev was not in Pakistan to spend holidays on sunny and Sandy Gawadar beach afterall.

So lets be real here. We are two states in perpetual state of hostilities, pulling each other legs on any given opportunity. This is how things are I am afraid.

Indians cant do S, just splashing around in the water to get attention, CPEC links China to Middle East/Africa vice versa What are the indians going to export to Astan/Central Asia and that too via both land/sea. let me guess papadoms and terrorism, they will fail on both counts.

Indians cant do S, just splashing around in the water to get attention, CPEC links China to Middle East/Africa vice versa What are the indians going to export to Astan/Central Asia and that too via both land/sea. let me guess papadoms and terrorism, they will fail on both counts.

Chahbahar is being built more for the purpose of Importing than exporting. Afghanistan has huge deposits of many metals like copper. Similarly, Central Asian states have vast deposits of Petroleum and Natural Gas. India needs these raw material to power its economic engine.

Not everything India does must have some form of evil malicious intent you know.. If a project benefits our economy, why shouldn't we pursue it?

Chahbahar is being built more for the purpose of Importing than exporting. Afghanistan has huge deposits of many metals like copper. Similarly, Central Asian states have vast deposits of Petroleum and Natural Gas. India needs these raw material to power its economic engine.

Not everything India does must have some form of evil malicious intent you know.. If a project benefits our economy, why shouldn't we pursue it?
So cant you import that through bandar abbas? i dont think bandar abbas cant handle the traffic of indian trade?

So cant you import that through bandar abbas? i dont think bandar abbas cant handle the traffic of indian trade?

Its an absurd question. Its like asking why Pakistan is building Gwadar when it already has Karachi as a port. But anyways, here are a few reasons why India is interested in Chahbahar.

1) Its closer to both India and Afghanistan than Bandar Abbas, so logistically better.

2) Bandar Abbas is not very capable of handling Heavy cargo Ships. Its a relatively shallow port.

3) Having two ports is certainly better than 1 for Iran. It reduces the load on Bandar Abbas and gives opportunities for further expansion of maritime trade.

4) In return for assistance in building the port, Iran is giving us 2 dedicated berths in Chahbahar. So, its a win-win proposition for both of us.

Its an absurd question. Its like asking why Pakistan is building Gwadar when it already has Karachi as a port. But anyways, here are a few reasons why India is interested in Chahbahar.

1) Its closer to both India and Afghanistan than Bandar Abbas, so logistically better.

2) Bandar Abbas is not very capable of handling Heavy cargo Ships. Its a relatively shallow port.

3) Having two ports is certainly better than 1 for Iran. It reduces the load on Bandar Abbas and gives opportunities for further expansion of maritime trade.

4) In return for assistance in building the port, Iran is giving us 2 dedicated berths in Chahbahar. So, its a win-win proposition for both of us.
their is nothing to import or export for india except terrorists and its spies just like kulbashan yadev and the route which you are talking about with afghanistan is controlled by taliban and even american forces/NATO have never controlled that area during its peak deployment, most of afghan cities and population are near Peshawar and its not feasible for them to import anything from india through that route

their is nothing to import or export for india except terrorists and its spies just like kulbashan yadev and the route which you are talking about with afghanistan is controlled by taliban and even american forces/NATO have never controlled that area during its peak deployment, most of afghan cities and population are near Peshawar and its not feasible for them to import anything from india through that route

I already wrote 2 posts back what India can import from Afghanistan and Central Asia.. Minerals and Energy..

Bro.. For just a bit, think about it. Would India need a whole port facility with dedicated rail and road routes to simply send spies to Afghanistan?

I never knew India had so many spies that She would need Cargo Ships and Freight trains to export them to Afghanistan. :what:

I already wrote 2 posts back what India can import from Afghanistan and Central Asia.. Minerals and Energy..

Bro.. For just a bit, think about it. Would India need a whole port facility with dedicated rail and road routes to simply send spies to Afghanistan?

I never knew India had so many spies that She would need Cargo Ships and Freight trains to export them to Afghanistan. :what:

One obvious purpose of this port is to create more kulbhushan yadavs, from there they can operate better, under the hood of Pakistan's #brotherly country.

And all this while we do nothing. We will be left behind soon if we dont take any resolute action. I am all for desrupting all Indian activities in Iran. If Iran does not comply then we have to use military options.

Indian intelligence agents may or may not use Chahbahar, but that is definitely not the primary intention behind the construction of the port. The rationale of the port remains based on economical and geopolitical interests. As I said earlier, NOT everything is a conspiracy against Pakistan.

Last edited:
The better question to ask is - Why do you wanna stop India from trading with Afghanistan and Central Asian states..? What's in it for you? Why play the spoilsport?
Because we hate you and your our enemy

Indian intelligence agent may or may not use Chahbahar, but that is definitely not the primary intention behind the construction of the port. The rationale of the port remains based on economical and geopolitical interests. As I said earlier, NOT everything is a conspiracy against Pakistan.

That argument finished when we caught your spy, thats whrn chabahar stopped being a economic project and started being a threat

Because we hate you and your our enemy

Can't debate with that now, Can I? :coffee:

Very well, you play your games, and we'll play ours.. And may the better player win. Its understandable that you only want to concentrate on security aspects of Chahbahar, but then at least refrain from making useless statements like -- There's nothing in A'stan and Central Asia for India to trade. :tsk:

Can't debate with that now, Can I? :coffee:

Very well, you play your games, and we'll play ours.. And may the better player win. Its understandable that you only want to concentrate on security aspects of Chahbahar, but then at least refrain from making useless statements like -- There's nothing in A'stan and Central Asia for India to trade. :tsk:

Brother .... Don't try to reason with them..... You will fail...
They only find our "Evil Desire" behind every action.

In Marathi we have a saying "bailgadi ke niche kutta chalta hai, par kutte ko hamesha lagta hai ki bailgadi usike wajeh se chal rahi hai."

Chabahar is a bigger game between India and China. Both are busy in securing their interests in ME. There is no winning or loosing.

Will love the day when it's up and running. May be in a couple of years. Japs are also eager to help....

Brother .... Don't try to reason with them..... You will fail...
They only find our "Evil Desire" behind every action.

In Marathi we have a saying "bailgadi ke niche kutta chalta hai, par kutte ko hamesha lagta hai ki bailgadi usike wajeh se chal rahi hai."

Chabahar is a bigger game between India and China. Both are busy in securing their interests in ME. There is no winning or loosing.

Will love the day when it's up and running. May be in a couple of years. Japs are also eager to help....

Bro, I'm new on this forum, so right now I'm trying to find out which posters can be relied on to engage in healthy debates, and which ones are good enough for nothing more than the “Ignore button".

On this thread, you might notice that none of them bothered to reply when I asked whether they actually thought India would need huge cargo ships and freight trains to send spies to Afghanistan.. Why would India need to invest millions of dollars in a dedicated road and rail network from Delaram to Zaranj if the motive is to send freaking spies? :hitwall:

Bro, I'm new on this forum, so right now I'm trying to find out which posters can be relied on to engage in healthy debates, and which ones are good enough for nothing more than the “Ignore button".

On this thread, you might notice that none of them bothered to reply when I asked whether they actually thought India would need huge cargo ships and freight trains to send spies to Afghanistan.. Why would India need to invest millions of dollars in a dedicated road and rail network from Delaram to Zaranj if the motive is to send freaking spies? :hitwall:
There are quite a few reasonable posters on the forum. Enjoy your stay.

Back
Top Bottom