What's new

Time to ban women's burqas in Pakistan

Horrible idea.

Just give the extremists another propaganda stick to beat the state with.

Banning bura in Pakistan will create more unrest within the religious factions in the country and not to forget another will provide another reasons to militants to gain support againt the establishment/the army.
Any such move can be suecidal both for future of the GOP as well as will seriously effect peoples support to army as compared to militants who will cash on any opportunity to gain support against the army and government.

should one not ban burqas out of fear of extremists?..That's crap.
well you can send a strong message to extremists by banning burqas in pakistan.
But that's not going to happen.

No its not crap, its just preventing militants to find another reason/excuse to get or gain support afterall lets not forget this is an Islamic republic with a considerable amount of religious factions.
Moreover why should burqa be banned in an Islamic country just because some coward militants hide behind it to attack. Its infact a great opportunity to highlight the cowardness to the general public being displaced by the so called champions of Islam.

Horrible idea.

Just give the extremists another propaganda stick to beat the state with.

I agree it's a horrible idea but mullahs have used the burqas as shield to hide and attack it's them who are taking advantage of burqas.

Not banning it will have its consequences and some will pay for it with there lives as talibans terrorist will use any thing and everything in there power to carry on there activities.

remmber the suicide bomber was wearing burqain a bus when he was caught.
mullah on the run from red mosque was wearing burqa.

terrorist caught in Lahore were all wearing burqas and i belive the video is on the forums it seems they have been using burqas to escape thats why i say ban the burqa for now.

If people of pakistan were to be told and shown the reason why government wants to ban the burqa as its being used by terroist i am preety sure most will agree.

How can we ban this when society doesnt seem to agree on what exactly is "islamic hijab or scarf' or what is the clear cut order in Islam for women in this regard....some say no need to cover the full face...some would say even the ligh dupata solves the purpose....some say, NO namahrem shouldnt get to see even an inch of woman's body.....i have always been so confused about it....but yes i have never done research on it on my own....which is the right way....

But yea in some circumstances..where lives of so many depend on it..burqa has to be disallowed...but how?..

A ladies marathon in Lahore few years back turned into a disaster, how could this happen?

Democracy wouldnt let this ban take place ever in Pakistan.

I agree it's a horrible idea but mullahs have used the burqas as shield to hide and attack it's them who are taking advantage of burqas.

Not banning it will have its consequences and some will pay for it with there lives as talibans terrorist will use any thing and everything in there power to carry on there activities.

terrorist caught in Lahore were all wearing burqas and i belive the video is on the forums it seems they have been using burqas to escape thats why i say ban the burqa for now.

If people of pakistan were to be told and shown the reason why government wants to ban the burqa as its being used by terroist i am preety sure most will agree.

sir it might benefit in the short-term but wat about long term when militants will get another reason to malign GoP. we might save few lives but a lot more lives, who will join militants, will be lost in medium to long term.

All of that can be addressed through more efficient policing, especially the use of female police officers.

In fact, if one were to argue that most women in Pakistan do not wear the Burqa, then criminals utilizing the Burqa to disguise themselves increases their chances of being caught since female police can be deployed to search Burqa clad women.

The fact that Mulah Aziz was caught, despite trying to escape with hundreds of other Burqa clad women, shows that effective policing works.

As far as hiding bombs etc. is concerned, as someone els pointed out, you can do that by wearing a shawl, coat or jacket as well.

And any COIN depends upon winning hearts and minds, and the state would be losing them if such a ban was enacted.

Banning the Burqa is therefore not worth whatever marginal advantages in security such a policy offers.

Not possible to do that in Pakistan and it should not be done..Freedom of Religion.

Exactly :pakistan:.... it wont help but flame up the resistance even more ...... the best way to go is to ban the ones that covers the face completely .... everyone has the right to practice there religion without any restrictions and plus hey its Islamic Republic of Pakistan:)

:pdf: Rocks

Not a good idea because this would be a great recruiting tool for the Islamists. They can say "hey look the Pakistani establishment is an enemy of Islam"

How about just banning men from wearing burkas? That's the main problem. Put in place a law allowing the arrest of any male wearing women's clothing........Charge them with deviancy ...... Kill them if they have bombs or guns under their knickers.......

How about just banning men from wearing burkas? That's the main problem. Put in place a law allowing the arrest of any male wearing women's clothing........Charge them with deviancy ...... Kill them if they have bombs or guns under their knickers.......

:crazy: man r u serious ???????

I Fully Support Burqa ( Face must be seen ) ..

Atleast Womens Face is Shown ... Like Turkish First Lady

Another trick to get us delineated from our religion.

We have already gone much far from it on the plea of liberalism and moderation, but i dont say that moderation is 'bad', just that it shouldnt be an 'extremistized' kinda modernization.

As for the burqa: so if someone would hide a bomb in his jacket, coat, turban etc etc should we also ban them?

All suicide bombers have been wearing shalwar kameez (and they never have been spotted until they did their job), so i think first we should ban SK and ask all men to wear Ts and Shorts!!

With this pace, i think, by the end we would all stand naked in our offices!!

Such and idiotic piece of ingenuity by the writer!

:undecided: Somehow I cannot understand this way of modernization...the more skin you show the more 'modern' you become.

Back
Top Bottom