What's new

TIL: The UP and Bihari Hindu wedding tradition of abusing the womenfolk of the other family during the celebration night

hatehs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

The lyrics of this song apparently describe the sister of either the groom or the bride being a whore and sleeping with hundreds of men.

I did some digging and apparently this is a TRADITION known as "Gaari" among Hindu families. The sister of the groom / bridge is often a target of this abuse. More examples below:

This is the respect these people have for their own sisters after 10 trillion years of Tanatani Kuchra!

@Maira La @Areesh @hussain0216 @xeuss @Trango Towers @Gaomayaslayer @Bilal9 @Dalit

this is the aryan super race culture that hitler dreamed of.

The lyrics of this song apparently describe the sister of either the groom or the bride being a whore and sleeping with hundreds of men.

I did some digging and apparently this is a TRADITION known as "Gaari" among Hindu families. The sister of the groom / bridge is often a target of this abuse. More examples below:

This is the respect these people have for their own sisters after 10 trillion years of Tanatani Kuchra!

@Maira La @Areesh @hussain0216 @xeuss @Trango Towers @Gaomayaslayer @Bilal9 @Dalit
I can't even make out the song. Could be harmless banter. I don't see people getting mad or pulling each other hair. Some local traditions have weird rituals and songs. That doesn't mean, it applies to 1 billion people who have their own local customs. Hinduism has many streams of thought and rituals.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom