What's new

Thunder The Ultimate Carrier Killer

Lets get our economy right and then able to afford the toys. We can't live on others generosity, grants and loans for ever and reality is hitting us home. We have got a corrupt system basic educational institutions lack of industrial base hardly any visionary leadership and what we have prospered is in last 50 years is to have more babies. I have dreams too to have 1000 5th generation planes to smash the hell out of our adversary but trouble is I can only afford others discarded mirages. So lets be real and join hands together and instead of being high and mighty, work for the betterment of our country in our own small ways. Shame my wish list is long but affordability is an issue but deep down I have a hope that our country will pull through one day and able to get there where we meant to belong right up in the sky like a bright star. Amin. Then we won't be talking about carrier killers we will have our own.

Hi,

Please don't ride the bandwagon of idiots---.

That was a mock drill---no assets of the naval battle group would be protecting the A/C carrier---just the aircraft carrier itself---and that was over 45 years ago---.

The equipment that american carrier group has now---you launch an aircraft against it---it will destroy your country.

Why are you kids acting so dumb---it shocks me---you kids are so illiterate---you have no learning abilities---no comprehension about the issue---
Ok sir and how do you know that there was single CVN as target and not battle group, @MastanKhan and this mock drill was not 70s/80s but in mid 90s so it was 25-30 year ago not 45 years as you assume @MastanKhan

and its two way street, why you thinks that anti ship missiles of the world not upgraded in this whole period @MastanKhan

i put a scenario For @MUSTAKSHAF that he thinks carrier impossible to destroy, it difficult job but not impossible job @MastanKhan and i am not saying Pakistan willing to destroy CVN of USN, we know the consequence, and this thread is not for destroying CVN of USN but possible tactics/strategies how to disable IN carrier in Arabian sea @MastanKhan

Ok sir and how do you know that there was single CVN as target and not battle group, @MastanKhan and this mock drill was not 70s/80s but in mid 90s so it was 25-30 year ago not 45 years as you assume @MastanKhan

and its two way street, why you thinks that anti ship missiles of the world not upgraded in this whole period @MastanKhan

i put a scenario For @MUSTAKSHAF that he thinks carrier impossible to destroy, it difficult job but not impossible job @MastanKhan and i am not saying Pakistan willing to destroy CVN of USN, we know the consequence, and this thread is not for destroying CVN of USN but possible tactics/strategies how to disable IN carrier in Arabian sea @MastanKhan

Hi,

Anti ship missile that you are talking about is that of the JF17---C802---. And even in the 90's excercize---it was just the ship alone defending itself---.

So---from mid 90's to now is 25 years---. US weapons technology has taken a massive leap---.

Hi,

Anti ship missile that you are talking about is that of the JF17---C802---. And even in the 90's excercize---it was just the ship alone defending itself---.

So---from mid 90's to now is 25 years---. US weapons technology has taken a massive leap---.
C-802 is not 90s tech as you know sir, and then why USN is using harpoon on their ship if subsonic anti ship missile is old which is 60s era design @MastanKhan

and so does anti ship missiles tech/strategies/tactics of the world wont sitting idle @MastanKhan

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't have to sunk it, we just have to damage it enough to make it not usable for the rest of the war , few Anti- ship missiles hits on the right spot can easily disable the AC .
And don't lives in too much superstition sir AC come with battle groups, not alone, and its serious threats to Pakistan maritime security, @Starlord

Hi,

Windy---stop putting these third rate 50 years old info that is not relevant on this day---.

Please just stay with posting pictures---which is your forte. Thank you.

Hi,

Please don't ride the bandwagon of idiots---.

That was a mock drill---no assets of the naval battle group would be protecting the A/C carrier---just the aircraft carrier itself---and that was over 45 years ago---.

The equipment that american carrier group has now---you launch an aircraft against it---it will destroy your country.

Why are you kids acting so dumb---it shocks me---you kids are so illiterate---you have no learning abilities---no comprehension about the issue---
As much as I don't agree with blaming the younger generation being dumb (as that also makes your kids and grand kids just as dumb as you comment here)....you make very strong points. A carrier group is very very tough to strike. Most here are forgetting that a carrier group has multitude of weapons at their disposal other than the aircraft carrier alone. Navy and Marine fighter squadrons routinely practice for such scenarios.

My 2 pence worth.

We have taken one step, just the first step in collaboration with Chinese to producue JF 17, so we can have a cheap and readily available alternative to our aging inventory of fighter jets like Mig 21s i.e. F 7 and Mirages. Considering we were having great difficulties to acquire more F 16 from yanks.
Therefore a solution was required and solution is found.
Now with block III that solution may become more formidable force.
That is all fine, a great achievement to move the focus from dependence to independence.
But the fact of the matter is we are far far behind in technology in other fields, and even in the field of military hardware. We started to produce some smaller potent and competitive arms. But when it comes to deadly state of the art packages, we have not even taken a first step. Therefore, we should be more prudent when we talk big.

We should take a pragmatic approach. We shouldn't become like Indians, who have raised "indigenous" slogans for over 3 decades now and have nothing to show for it until now.
Despite having majority of the components foreign made/imported the slogan of "indigenous" was a mere crowd pleaser. At the end the end products were disappointing. In this regard, I would say Pakistan has done a better job by doing things better with tremendous results in very tight budgets.

Lets leave it to that. And concentrate making Pakistan a fortress.

Jf17 equipped with 2X Pl-5 WVR-M, 2X SD-10 BVR-M, 2X C-802 AShM and centerline drop tank.

D7MGAsCX4AEW-i4.jpg

Actually, this is the weapon integrated on Thunder for taking care of enemy's high value targets in Sea like ACs.
jf-17_thunder_cm-400_akg_stand_off_missile.jpg

“The CM-400AKG is a very high-speed missile that is very tough to intercept. It hits the target at Mach 4 or above and its kinetic impact alone is enough to destroy any high-value target, like an aircraft carrier.”,
-Air Commodore Mahmood Khalid
eft.jpg

Actually, this is the weapon integrated on Thunder for taking care of enemy's high value targets in Sea like ACs.
jf-17_thunder_cm-400_akg_stand_off_missile.jpg

“The CM-400AKG is a very high-speed missile that is very tough to intercept. It hits the target at Mach 4 or above and its kinetic impact alone is enough to destroy any high-value target, like an aircraft carrier.”,
-Air Commodore Mahmood Khalid
eft.jpg

But You know this is a faked image?

Back
Top Bottom