Three French soldiers die in Mali mine blast

Vergennes

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
France
A very,very sad day. RIP. @Taygibay @BON PLAN @Picdelamirand-oil
-
Three French peacekeeping soldiers died after their armoured vehicle (VAB) ran over a landmine in Mali, the French presidency said Wednesday.

One soldier was killed immediately in the blast on Tuesday and President Francois Hollande learned "with great sadness" that two more soldiers had died in the west African country, a statement said.

The armoured vehicle was leading a convoy of around 60 vehicles travelling to the northern desert town of Tessalit when it hit the mine, according to the French defence ministry.

The troops were part of Operation Barkhane, under which France has some 3,500 soldiers deployed across five countries in the Sahel region, south of the Sahara desert, to combat the jihadist insurgency raging there.

The latest deaths take the French army casualty toll to 17 since Paris intervened in its former colony in January 2013 to oust Islamist militants.

Countries across west Africa are scrambling to tighten security following a string of attacks against hotels and restaurants popular with foreigners that have highlighted the growing reach of jihadist groups in the region.

Three French soldiers die in Mali mine blast | Daily Mail Online
-
698682mlkhra.jpg

-Mickaël Poo-Sing.
-Damien Noblet.
-Michael Chauwin.
There will be a national tribute for these soldiers next week.

Last edited:
RIP & thoughts to the 511ème : Allez Auxonne!

This operation is a laboratory. Those interested in the evolution
of warfare should keep tallies for future references.

Salut, Tay.

Bienvenue Louiq malgré les pénibles circumstances!

That spelling wouldn't be from Breizh by the way? A variation on the ¨c classic? 8-)

And Pic, seriously? Big tacticals show up as magnetic anomalies? Awesome!
Feels like paraphrasing the credit card ad :

For ICBM tracking, you've got satellites!
For stealth planes, you've got VHF radars!
For everything else, there's the Atlantic 2!!!

Thanks for the link ( but it may be forbidden by PDF rules, ask a mod or an Indian )
and good evening both, Tay.

Bienvenue Louiq malgré les pénibles circumstances!

That spelling wouldn't be from Breizh by the way? A variation on the ¨c classic? 8-)
Hi Tay. No this is not a bzh spelling but a mistake (take a look to an azerty keyboard). I'll explain the mistake in my introduction when I'll reach my 5th post.

Merci pour l'accueil ;-)

Hi Tay. No this is not a bzh spelling but a mistake (take a look to an azerty keyboard). I'll explain the mistake in my introduction when I'll reach my 5th post.

Merci pour l'accueil ;-)

Donc finalement ont a un nouveau membre français ici? Genial. :yay:
@Vauban j'espere que c'est n'est pas toi encore avec un nouveau nom?:pissed::D

Bienvenue mon pote.:cheers:

Donc finalement ont a un nouveau membre français ici? Genial. :yay:
@Vauban j'espere que c'est n'est pas toi encore avec un nouveau nom?:pissed::D

Bienvenue mon pote.:cheers:

Je suis démasqué. :(

Kidding of course,no,it's not me again! :P

@Louiq XIV Bienvenue,don't pay much attention to our good friend @Taygibay he's always into complicated things. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom