What's new

Three Different Radars Recorded The SU-30 Kill

If Pakistan can get a deal for F-16V + AIM-120C7 + AIM-9X (even initial versions) w/o too much strings attached, during IKs visit to the US later this month, then I will be quite elated.

However, in background of the prevailing geopolitical situation in the region and the US - India growing strategic alliance, I am not too hopeful that this will actually happen. This deal is unlikely to materialize without Pakistan having to compromise on something major.

It could also be that no such offer or deal be even on the table, to begin with, at all. This could be just a long term relationship re-adjustment exercise along less acrimonious and more friendly & workable terms for both sides. There could be even be some offer for economic assistance for Pakistan in return for fulfilling certain mutually acceptable objectives.

Last edited:
If Pakistan can get a deal for F-16V + AIM-120C7 + AIM-9X (even initial versions) w/o too much strings attached, during IKs visit to the US later this month, then I will be quite elated.

However, in background of the prevailing geopolitical situation in the region and the US - India growing strategic alliance, I am not too hopeful that this will actually happen. This deal is unlikely to materialize without Pakistan having to compromise on something major.

It could also be that no such offer or deal be even on the table, to begin with, at all. This could be just a long term relationship re-adjustment exercise along less acrimonious and more friendly & workable terms for both sides. There could be even be some offer for economic assistance for Pakistan in return for fulfilling certain mutually acceptable objectives.

I am very suspicious of Indians announcing tender invitation from suppliers for their next medium fighter requirement.

F16 is in the running for that tender. Would Americans sell 18 to us and loose 100 aircraft Indian requirement?

But Americans are smart. They know Indians most likely will go for
More Rafael and F16 order starting in five years from now is a non starter. Let’s wait and see.

I am very suspicious of Indians announcing tender invitation from suppliers for their next medium fighter requirement.

F16 is in the running for that tender. Would Americans sell 18 to us and loose 100 aircraft Indian requirement?

But Americans are smart. They know Indians most likely will go for
More Rafael and F16 order starting in five years from now is a non starter. Let’s wait and see.

New birds are coming but not from US....note it. wait for three months.....deal will surface.

I hope people remember that USA owes us 1.8 billion dollars for CSF. I am sure Imran will bring this up.

They also owe us our helicopters. This outstanding amount alone can bring us at least a squadron of latest F16s.

I am personally very hopeful
Of good results especially after Lindsey Graham’s glowing comments about IK.
I dont think we will set sight on that money. The best we can get is our helos and even that if achieved would be a great deal. I am a great fan of the 16s but I think the love affair has ended which is very sad state of affairs.
A

Pakistan is better off getting US endorsement to buy F-16s from the open market and upgrading them in Turkey.
Pakistan. And get (used) F-16's from Turkey. ...now...

- US has issues with Pakistan.
- US now has issues with Turkey, thanks to the S-400 deal with Russia.

How exactly is Pakistan ever gonna muster a deal like that? We have a better chance of dealing with the Devil (!SRAEL).
US arms to date remain the best bang for the buck.
A
Yep, and there shouldn't be any doubt 'bout it.

Honestly i know a friend who is a friend of certain major on opposite side of fence who is son of ex-military also who use to be friends/course mate with opposite side ex-Cheif of armed forces..so just because of that he is now a major and he is now in dubai still serving..i ask many times wth he is doing in dubai?

:)

Sir, If New F-16 Block 70 on the table and i think it is...PAF and GOP will never walk out on it....they will be offered on easy terms and because after all USA will not like our F-16 getting shot down by rafale do they....there military products are most important and there reputation USA will never let it down.

plus their training....my word there training!
They will walk away as they did..
PAF doesnt has the money..
Why get 8 b70 for 1 billion when you are barely financing 50 jf17 for that value....

New birds are coming but not from US....note it. wait for three months.....deal will surface.

koi hint? yai kaisi baimani hai .... hum nahin khail rahay :(

Hi,

So Sh. Rasheed was right---!

What did Sh. Rasheed said?

What new air crafts PAF can be possibly looking for? J-10s? JH-7s?

PAF needs an effective bomber platform that can launch massive volleys of cruise missiles and stand off weapons from a safe range against indian targets across the border.

That would go a long way in deterring any other indian misadventure in the future.

koi hint? yai kaisi baimani hai .... hum nahin khail rahay :(

Most likely JF-17 block IIIs being marketed to the masses as "PAF getting new jets!" Haha

Pakistan. And get (used) F-16's from Turkey. ...now...

- US has issues with Pakistan.
- US now has issues with Turkey, thanks to the S-400 deal with Russia.

How exactly is Pakistan ever gonna muster a deal like that? We have a better chance of dealing with the Devil (!SRAEL).

Yep, and there shouldn't be any doubt 'bout it.

It’s not as simple as you make it sound. Pakistan’s help in getting the Taliban to the negotiating table and the formation of a unity government makes Islamabad indispensable to the future of Afghanistan; which in turn means an increased importance of Pakistan’s role in the stabilization of that country. For this reason, I don’t expect the CSFs to be held away much longer unless the ongoing talks fail. Pakistan will have to spend the money on American equipment.

What did Sh. Rasheed said?

What new air crafts PAF can be possibly looking for? J-10s? JH-7s?

PAF needs an effective bomber platform that can launch massive volleys of cruise missiles and stand off weapons from a safe range against indian targets across the border.

That would go a long way in deterring any other indian misadventure in the future.

Most likely JF-17 block IIIs being marketed to the masses as "PAF getting new jets!" Haha
Why do we need a bomber to launch cruise missiles from within Pakistans airspace. Why not just use mobile land based platforms to do the exact same thing?

Yes..i agree to what you wrote!

@Armchair

i thought long and hard why the "Suspense" why not open up immediately? i have concluded the concept behind it is "Never fight the way your enemy fights". Indians have set a new norm now we can not stand down..before 26th Feb it was bluff...but the bluff was called on 26th Feb. we as a state can not forever stand up and keep guard up we cant sustained or afford it.

So a new strategy is put in place very hawkish but discrete..main goal is "destroy enemies will to fight" how to do it is what you are seeing ...and much more to come.

Hum is gubaray say hawa nikal dain gay! bohat jald!

I understand the psychology of that - if we humiliated them too much in public, they would have worked overtime to overcome that humiliation. It's almost we are playing reverse psychology.

On the other hand, the other possibility is that we did lose something on the 27th. We are agreeing not to reveal this in return for not revealing our own loss(es).

On the other hand, the other possibility is that we did lose something on the 27th. We are agreeing not to reveal this in return for not revealing our own loss(es).
That statement certainly caught my attention. And on the face of it, it is not impossible.

But analyzed in the background of the mindset of a media hype & publicity mongering adversary, seems unlikely as they would not let go of any chance to reveal anything that goes in their favor.

While all the time they have blatantly lied and tried to create an impression of a job well done and restraint shown in the greater interest for peace in the region. Otherwise they would have taught us a lesson we would never forget. That is exactly the narrative they built out of nothing to win an election and succeeded.

In fact they created an illusion of victory from a reality of defeat.

So expecting them to keep mum about something that goes against us would be highly unlikely.

Their Chanakya Doctrine prohibits them from letting go of any advantage that they can utilize.

What really has happened, in my humble opinion, is that
  • We wanted to let them know a bit what we can do when we decide to do something.
  • Without embarrassing them too much so that it becomes incumbent on them to escalate at all costs to something bigger and of longer duration and also force them to involve the US and Israel in the ensuing melee.
  • Due to the economic condition at the time and the starting of the rebuilding process of the economy and the governance machinery at the time, Pakistan sought to create a situation favorable to deescalate and disengage for the time being and buy some time to restructure and regroup economically and further strengthen its military prowess.

Last edited:
I understand the psychology of that - if we humiliated them too much in public, they would have worked overtime to overcome that humiliation. It's almost we are playing reverse psychology.

Possible but can't expect India to keep quiet if they shot down something, since they are desperate to save face.

I grazed through a news article that years ago Turkey had lost a F-16 to a Greek M2K but due to politics both sides agreed to a mechanical loss for the Turks, after several years confirmed it as a AA kill.

Maybe just like Greeks, Pakistan is keeping quiet for some political benefits, some years later hopefully will be revealed. Time will unravel what happened.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom