What's new

Threat to British streets from terrorism comes from Pakistan, not from Afghanistan

sherdil76

Reaction score
no wonder whatever we do and how many of us die serving their evil objectives, we will still be labelled as cause of every problem they are facing now, which, is in fact a reaction to their brutality and injustice around the globe.

i just read this article on known pro-jewish news paper and posting it here, so you know what they really think about us... well most of us already know.

Verdict on the Afghanistan campaign: exactly what are we fighting for? Times Online, Michael Evans, Defence Editor:

Analysis Public confusion over the principal objectives of the military campaign in Afghanistan has forced ministers to try to explain why so many British soldiers are dying and for what cause.

Initially, the reason for the mission in Helmand province was to ensure that al-Qaeda was prevented from ever again using Afghanistan as a safe haven for terrorism which would be damaging to Britain’s national security.

Verdict: the presence of British troops in the province since 2006 has helped to reduce the threat posed by al-Qaeda remnants who stayed behind after the Taleban was toppled in 2001. But some of the insurgents killed in clashes with British troops have turned out to be Yemenis, Chechens, Saudis and other, non-Afghan, nationalities.

Al-Qaeda responded by switching its terrorist operating centre from Afghanistan to Pakistan. So the threat to British streets from terrorism comes from Pakistan, not from Afghanistan. No one, apart from President George Bush in a speech he made several years ago, seriously believes that the Taleban is threatening Britain’s cities and towns.

Afghan taliban and Al-Qaeda are also pakistanis and from Pakistan....Mullah omer,OBL are also Pakistani citizens :tup:

wow, i never knew that it was only Pakistan... wonder why they bombed Afghanistan than and distroyed Iraq... if they still cannot beat the jihadies by distroying two countries what would be their next move?

i think globalization and terrorism are closely related. globalization led us towards not only economic changes but vast change in cultural changes as well and many people see these changes as cultural attack from west which resulted in increase of intolerance and extremism. countries which has rich culture threatened by these social and cultural changes especially Muslim countries.
these countries seen great divide in population in terms of mind set who favors it and against it.
lets take example of Pakistan which has a chunk of population against it and they see it as great threat for their faith.if you add gun culture in this equation, it results in terrorism which we are witnessing now these days.

any such article is a natural reaction from west to show this great divide and project these country as origin of terrorism.
Pakistan is going through this phase, not a big deal.

The bombers of 7/7 were all British, from Leeds.

Moreover, most acts of terror in the UK are a result of groups such as the IRA that have nothing to do with Pakistan.

Now however - there is indeed cause for concern with regards to Pakistan, However most terrorists prefer to wage their war within Pakistan itself.

no wonder whatever we do and how many of us die serving their evil objectives, we will still be labelled as cause of every problem they are facing now, which, is in fact a reaction to their brutality and injustice around the globe.

i just read this article on known pro-jewish news paper and posting it here, so you know what they really think about us... well most of us already know.

Verdict on the Afghanistan campaign: exactly what are we fighting for? Times Online, Michael Evans, Defence Editor:

Analysis Public confusion over the principal objectives of the military campaign in Afghanistan has forced ministers to try to explain why so many British soldiers are dying and for what cause.

Initially, the reason for the mission in Helmand province was to ensure that al-Qaeda was prevented from ever again using Afghanistan as a safe haven for terrorism which would be damaging to Britain’s national security.

Verdict: the presence of British troops in the province since 2006 has helped to reduce the threat posed by al-Qaeda remnants who stayed behind after the Taleban was toppled in 2001. But some of the insurgents killed in clashes with British troops have turned out to be Yemenis, Chechens, Saudis and other, non-Afghan, nationalities.

Al-Qaeda responded by switching its terrorist operating centre from Afghanistan to Pakistan. So the threat to British streets from terrorism comes from Pakistan, not from Afghanistan. No one, apart from President George Bush in a speech he made several years ago, seriously believes that the Taleban is threatening Britain’s cities and towns.

How about terror threats to Pakistani streets coming from the british parliament.

any such article is a natural reaction from west to show this great divide and project these country as origin of terrorism.
Pakistan is going through this phase, not a big deal.

I agree with you but these things certinly matter
I mean they are actually preparing the groundwork to attack Pakistan in future at least through sanctions first.

British Muslims (many of them second generation, born, and bred in Britain) resort to violence in reaction to British racism, injustice, and lack of opportunities. Naturally, this is hard to admit, so the bogey of Afghanistan and Pakistan is raised. The idea that a short visit to Pakistan can undo decades of living in Britain is preposterous. After all, shoe-bomber Reid visited Israel, yet no one makes much of the impact of this visit on his later activities.

British Muslims (many of them second generation, born, and bred in Britain) resort to violence in reaction to British racism, injustice, and lack of opportunities.

As a British Muslim myself, having been brought up in this green and pleasant land, I can safely conclude that your observations are utter balderdash rooted in sheer ignorance.

I have never come across any form of Racism. It does exist, but it’s not a major problem. In fact – the Pakistanis (meerpuries) are themselves racist some of the time.

There is not much injustice here, a few cases yes, but not a sufficient number to explain the demographics.

Britain has amongst the greatest opportunities of any country, and so I don’t know what your on about there!

I am always amazed when segments from our community resort to possible exterior factors playing an integral role in their demise and shortcomings; when in actual fact the problem lies within!

Last edited:
As a British Muslim myself, having been brought up in this green and pleasant land, I can safely conclude that your observations are utter balderdash rooted in sheer ignorance.

I have never come across any form of Racism. It does exist, but it’s not a major problem. In fact – the Pakistanis (meerpuries) are themselves racist some of the time.

There is not much injustice here, a few cases yes, but not a sufficient number to explain the demographics.

Britain has amongst the greatest opportunities of any country, and so I don’t know what your on about there!

I am always amazed when segments from our community resort to possible exterior factors playing an integral role in their demise and shortcomings; when in actual fact the problem lies within!

x2 :tup:

ive never had a problem here .

i saw this movie "khuda ke liye" in which one Muslim father was so concerned about "DIN" of his daughter so he sent her to Pakistan to marry a Muslim boy by treachery. news paper say these incidents happens in real.
do British Muslims are so over cautious about their 'DIN'.

i saw this movie "khuda ke liye" in which one Muslim father was so concerned about "DIN" of his daughter so he sent her to Pakistan to marry a Muslim boy by treachery. news paper say these incidents happens in real.
do British Muslims are so over cautious about their 'DIN'.

Its nothing to do about 'DIN'. Its a section of misguided people who consider their cultural/social traditions as their religion, when it might have nothing to do with Islam. This applies to people from other religions as well i.e. Sikhs and Hindus living in the UK.

Infact, there are muslims born and bought up in UK who are pious without having to go back to their country to marry. Forced marriages are unislamic, what the movie was showing was unislamic practice(marriage by trickery). And the father "thought" he was doing the right thing when he was not.

So, following deen or religion is not the problem. Its the attitudes of the parents which is wrong. Marriage should be with mutual consent as per Islamic law.

The vast majority of what you have said is true but the problem is when its muslims up in court under terrrosim charges an email is enough to charge a person but when the guys is a non muslim its different.

A former British National Party (BNP) candidate and a dentist were cleared of plotting explosions on July 12, despite being accused of possessing the largest sum of chemical explosives of its type ever found domestically in Lancashire.
The record haul included the discovery of a rocket launcher, a nuclear biological suit, BB guns, gas masks two 56 kilogram bags of sugar, a box of mini flares, 34 gas canisters, a selection of pellets and an air pistol. Officers also found a series of printed bomb recipes from The Anarchis’s Handbook, downloaded from the internet.
Lancashire police were forced to deny accusations the trial would have been handled differently of one of terrorism had the suspects been Muslims.

Now tell me if the above guy had been a muslim what do you think they would have let him go?

Its nothing to do about 'DIN'. Its a section of misguided people who consider their cultural/social traditions as their religion, when it might have nothing to do with Islam. This applies to people from other religions as well i.e. Sikhs and Hindus living in the UK.

Infact, there are muslims born and bought up in UK who are pious without having to go back to their country to marry. Forced marriages are unislamic, what the movie was showing was unislamic practice(marriage by trickery). And the father "thought" he was doing the right thing when he was not.

So, following deen or religion is not the problem. Its the attitudes of the parents which is wrong. Marriage should be with mutual consent as per Islamic law.

exactly right , i am not saying any things against religion, i am highlighting the mentality of people. they are well educated and living in a liberal society still they are behaving like extremist. what are the reason behind it? how can they do such things. protecting own culture is justifiable but taking such extreme measures is not good for society.

Back
Top Bottom