What's new

Thousands of revelers attend music festival in Wuhan

onebyone

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
1620046842228.png

The Strawberry Music Festival in Wuhan, the original COVID-19 epicenter, drew a massive crowd with many not wearing masks.REUTERS

The Chinese city of Wuhan — once the global epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic— hosted crowds of thousands of people over the weekend for a music festival.

Around 11,000 revelers packed in to watch acts take the stage for the first day of the Wuhan Strawberry Music Festival on Saturday.

Concert-goers danced and sang along, many without masks.

The festival made its return to Wuhan after it went virtual last year due to coronavirus restrictions.

“Last year we (in Wuhan) suffered from the coronavirus,” said Wuhan student, Gao Yuchen 23.

“It has not been easy to get to where we are today. People here have put in huge efforts and paid a big price (for being hit with the virus). So I feel very excited to be here (at the festival),” Gao said.

1620046897615.png

Thousands of people can be seen at the music festival in Wuhan as COVID-19 concerns have gone in China.REUTERS
The two-day event coincided with the national holiday, May Day, and attracted entertainers from around the country.

“This is my first time at an event like this held outdoors,” another concert-goer, Zhang Hongkai, said “I really like the atmosphere.”

Wuhan has recorded low numbers of COVID-19 cases since implementing strict lockdowns last year when the virus first emerged out of the central Chinese city.

Since lifting lockdowns last year, China, in general, has only seen sporadic outbreaks, easing fears there about the virus.

1620046933795.png

All of mainland China’s most recent COVID-19 cases were reportedly imported from overseas.REUTERS
The country’s health authority on Saturday recorded only 16 new cases in mainland China, all of which were imported from overseas.

China has also administered about 265 million COVID-19 vaccinations, according to data released by the National Health Commission on Saturday.

With Post Wires

Back
Top Bottom