What's new

Thousands of Indians and Pakistanis stranded in Descon Jungle Camp in Qatar

AbuzarIlyas

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi all members! There are some serious reports from Descon's camps in Qatar where thousands of Pakistanis are being quarantined for no reason from last 1.5 months.

DESCON ENGINEERING QATAR 20200430_235052.jpg

Workers from the camp were taken from Pakistan, India and other parts of South Asia for turnaround projects at different plants of Qatar. At first they were kept in the camps due to the unavailability od flights and lock downs but now company is not arranging tickets due to the surge in ticket prices.

Moreover, the company has also refused to pay for the idle days despite the fact that it is included in the contract with the workers that company will immediately arrange flights back to the home countries after completion of the work or else will pay for the idle days. Flights are 3-4 times expensive from back the countries from Qatar. Media of Pakistan and India should raise this issue with their respective governments.

Workers are protesting against their administration for not arranging flights and even refusing to pay the idle days while food quality has also going bad as the days passing.

20200414_150655_HDR.jpg
20200414_143506.jpg

Strikes and protests by workers are now a routine with the arrival of Qatari police to control the mobs. Workers are saying that they have paid alot to the descon in terms of protection fees, medical fees and the traveling to and from Lahore for many times. Each worker has estimatedly spend 40-60k PKR for coming into this project of just 45 days. They said that their passports were taken 4 months before the project and now their families are waiting for their loved ones.

Prime Ministers of Pakistan and India should look into the matter and do something to make sure that the people are paid and reach back to their home countries.

Government of Pakistan and India should initiate special flight operation to ensure safely return of their Citizens.The whole scenario is driven by pandemic COVID-19 which has ceased the travelling worldwide except special flight operated by home countries to rescue their citizens. India has cancelled all inbound flights till further notice without any timeline identified whereas government of Pakistan has taken measures to repatriate citizens back to home country and first flight was operated on 24th April DESCON was given special quota of approx.100 tickets after approaching authorities in order to safely return workforce to native countries and company is requesting authorities to operate special flights to rescue valuable staff.
Global pandemic has ceased economic wheel around the globe accordingly fresh food available stocks are going down day by day in country and to manage shortage stored/preserved food and local food is served to avoid any shortage or inconvenience in holy month and all dues have been paid off to the staff as per government directives.

On other hand it should be highly appreciated that company has managed good hygiene and monitoring practice avoid spread of deadly pandemic, guidelines must be strictly adhered by workforce by maintaining social distance, good hygiene practices and by following guidelines provided by local authorities to avoid spread.

Workers are literally begging the management to clear the dues and arrange the flights. Some Sindhi and South Indian mechanical foremans told the source that the company is not bad, it is one of the renown companies in the world but current management is responsible for all the mismanagement.

Government of Pakistan and India should initiate special flight operation to ensure safely return of their Citizens.The whole scenario is driven by pandemic COVID-19 which has ceased the travelling worldwide except special flight operated by home countries to rescue their citizens. India has cancelled all inbound flights till further notice without any timeline identified whereas government of Pakistan has taken measures to repatriate citizens back to home country and first flight was operated on 24th April DESCON was given special quota of approx.100 tickets after approaching authorities in order to safely return workforce to native countries and company is requesting authorities to operate special flights to rescue valuable staff.
Global pandemic has ceased economic wheel around the globe accordingly fresh food available stocks are going down day by day in country and to manage shortage stored/preserved food and local food is served to avoid any shortage or inconvenience in holy month and all dues have been paid off to the staff as per government directives.

On other hand it should be highly appreciated that company has managed good hygiene and monitoring practice avoid spread of deadly pandemic, guidelines must be strictly adhered by workforce by maintaining social distance, good hygiene practices and by following guidelines provided by local authorities to avoid spread.
I'll talk to the sources about your details because there are several complaints about the non compliance as far as the matter of safety regarding COVID-19 precautions is concerned. I am a member of few Descon whatsapp groups thats why i am looking so much into this thing. The derails you have presented are also very deep in this regard.

Only Indians are being held and trying to get out or get thrown out.
We all have been assured by tens of posters that only Indians are victims. Pakistani's are very well treated and now that all the Indians have been thrown out the requirement for Pakistani's has hit the roof.
Pakistani's should not worry at all. THE GULF LOVES YOU and hates those Indians who are all being kicked out

Isn't DESCON a Pakistani company?
It is purely a Pakistani company and a pride of Pakistan Elhamdülillah. It is also recruiting people from India for most of its projects since the years which is itself a good example regarding the professionalism of Descon and Pakistanis.

Only Indians are being held and trying to get out or get thrown out.
We all have been assured by tens of posters that only Indians are victims. Pakistani's are very well treated and now that all the Indians have been thrown out the requirement for Pakistani's has hit the roof.
Pakistani's should not worry at all. THE GULF LOVES YOU and hates those Indians who are all being kicked out
Chutiye Descon is a Pakistani company that is employing thousands of your kind.

I don't know about Pakistan but India's current Prime Minister (and other top-ranked decision-makers) don't give a shit about Indians stranded overseas. Even the embassy doesn't help unless you are well-connected and have deep pockets.
I think if you out nationalism aside you will find no one gives a shit about the poor

Chutiye Descon is a Pakistani company that is employing thousands of your kind.

What...Pakistani employing thousands of Indians. No way. Fake newj.

(p.s. - This was an ironic, sarcastic statement intended for BJP IT cell consumption. I support the good job done by overseas Indians/Pakistanis working together in harmony).

Last edited:
What...Pakistani employing thousands of Indians. No way. Fake newj.
It is not a fake news. It is a reality and there are hundreds of Pakistani employers who are employing loads of Indian workers everywhere in the world. But this thread is not about this rift between nations. It is about a collective effort that the workers are doing to gain their rights. I have myself talked to the workers and requested them not to take law in their hands after all Descon is a good company giving employment to people but their concerns about management are very serious.

It is not a fake news. It is a reality and there are hundreds of Pakistani employers who are employing loads of Indian workers everywhere in the world. But this thread is not about this rift between nations. It is about a collective effort that the workers are doing to gain their rights. I have myself talked to the workers and requested them not to take law in their hands after all Descon is a good company giving employment to people but their concerns about management are very serious.
He was being sarcastic.

I don't know about Pakistan but India's current Prime Minister (and other top-ranked decision-makers) don't give a shit about Indians stranded overseas. Even the embassy doesn't help unless you are well-connected and have deep pockets.
I second this. Our Government does not care about common people.

Indian embassy services are very bad everywhere except countries that have higher number of wealthy Indians.

Let me reframe:

Indian government has always been ignorant of needs of poor Indians abroad. I dont see the situation getting any better for these stranded laborers anytime soon unless some wealthy/influential celebrity/businessman/politican takes it upon themselves as a personal mission to aid them.

Back
Top Bottom