What's new

This German couple spent 9 weeks in Pakistan to prove that it is safe for visitors

Screenshot_2016_11_06_22_58_58_1.png

Not this again we have discussed this to death .

http://tribune.com.pk/story/767886/number-of-foreign-tourists-in-2014-dips-by-50/

ISLAMABAD:
The number of foreign visitors to Pakistan fell by 50 per cent in the first six months of this year, according to the State Bank of Pakistan. The Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) says that while 198,201 tourists visited the country from January to June of this year, the number is expected to rise by only 400,000 until the end of the season this year.

As compared with 2013, when Pakistan was a destination for 565,212 tourists, officials say natural disasters such as floods as well as internal conflict have greatly affected the tourism industry.

Additionally, officials at PTDC said there has been a dip in the number of tourists visiting Pakistan to undertake religious pilgrimages, such as Sikh pilgrims from India, since Operation Zarb-e-Azb commenced this year. The operation has also affected the number of travellers to Peshawar, Landi Kotal and the Khyber Pass, destinations for those travelling in the autumn months.

527.jpg

Couple years ago I met this one Dutch woman who had driven down solo all the way from Holland in a van, through Iran and into Afghanistan and then Pakistan on her way to India/Nepal. I asked her about AF/Pak and she said it was great, people were respectful etc. Must have been quiet an anomaly for the people too, a dreadlocked hippy woman driving solo through rural Afghan/Pakistan lol

Hopefully some day soon both the perception and the related real security situation improve in Pakistan, a lot of tourists come to this part of the world, but most avoid Pakistan and go to India/Sri Lanka/Nepal/Bhutan/Myanmar and to south east Asia etc
Tourists in India come for weeks because India can't be explored in a matter of days. I know many who have stayed here for months just because they loved it here so much. India attracts mostly western tourists, though lately I have started seeing some Eastern folks too.
Personally I would love to host our Pakistani friends (guys from Pashtun maybe :P), and people from Israel. I have love for people from both these countries.

Not this again we have discussed this to death .

ISLAMABAD:
The number of foreign visitors to Pakistan fell by 50 per cent in the first six months of this year, according to the State Bank of Pakistan. The Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) says that while 198,201 tourists visited the country from January to June of this year, the number is expected to rise by only 400,000 until the end of the season this year.

As compared with 2013, when Pakistan was a destination for 565,212 tourists, officials say natural disasters such as floods as well as internal conflict have greatly affected the tourism industry.

Additionally, officials at PTDC said there has been a dip in the number of tourists visiting Pakistan to undertake religious pilgrimages, such as Sikh pilgrims from India, since Operation Zarb-e-Azb commenced this year. The operation has also affected the number of travellers to Peshawar, Landi Kotal and the Khyber Pass, destinations for those travelling in the autumn months.

527.jpg
Tourists comprises of both Local + Foreign tourists. Your figure is only of total tourists, while foreign tourists arrival in pakistan in 2015 was 5634

The article is misleading.Here is how

Assuming what you are claiming is true and all the figure is for foreign tourists.

Then Total foreign tourist arrival in 2013 = 565,212
Total foreign tourist in 2014 first half = 198,201
Expected more arrival by the end of the year = 400,000
Total Foreign tourist expected in 2014 = 598,201

Total gain/loss in foreign tourist = there is a gain of 6%

Wait...what?

But the article claims that there is a dip in foreign tourist by whooping 50 %

Where we went wrong?

We were wrong here in our assumption

Assuming what you are claiming is true and all the figure is for foreign tourists.

Conlusion: These figures are not for Foreign tourists but total tourists in pakistan.
Total foreign tourists arrived in pakistan is rightly reported by pakistani newspapers.

Tourists comprises of both Local + Foreign tourists. Your figure is only of total tourists, while foreign tourists arrival in pakistan in 2015 was 5634

The article is misleading.Here is how

Then Total foreign tourist arrival in 2013 = 565,212
Total foreign tourist in 2014 first half = 198,201
Expected more arrival by the end of the year = 400,000
Total Foreign tourist expected in 2014 = 598,201

Total gain/loss in foreign tourist = there is a gain of 6%

Wait...what?

But the article claims that there is a dip in foreign tourist.

Where we went wrong?

We were wrong here in our assumption

Conlusion: These figures are not for Foreign tourists but total tourists in pakistan.
Total foreign tourists arrived in pakistan is rightly reported by pakistani newspapers.

I see you are a rejoiner because your posts look familiar . No point in arguing with you .

I see you are a rejoiner because your posts look familiar . No point in arguing with you .
Your lies have been exposed so obviously you can't argue further. If you had been getting 1 million tourists, you would not need to open a thread and celebrate like no tomorrow, everytime any foreigner visit your country.
Pathetic to say the least

Germans, Austrian and other EUs been traveling norhtern part of Pakistan last many decades. They always fall in love in this beauty.

“Currently 20,000 to 25,000 Sikh pilgrims visit the country. There are 25 million Sikhs living around the world and if we get to target only 10 per cent of them that would be the turning moment in uplifting the country’s economy,” he said.

http://nation.com.pk/featured/10-Jun-2016/60-m-dollars-project-to-boost-religious-tourism

So only one community the Sikhs visiting Pakistan from all over the world numbers 25,000, so that 5634 tourists is more likely be a typo error.

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...-in-2015-world-travel-tourism-council.457120/

Pakistan attracted 1.04 million tourists in 2015 : World travel & Tourism council

“Currently 20,000 to 25,000 Sikh pilgrims visit the country. There are 25 million Sikhs living around the world and if we get to target only 10 per cent of them that would be the turning moment in uplifting the country’s

So only one community the Sikhs visiting Pakistan from all over the world numbers 25,000, so that 5634 tourists

Sikhs are issued pilgrimage visa and not tourist visa hence not included in the tourist figure, genius

1.04 million in 2015 . I would advise you to take care of the 600 million poor in your country
OMG.Did you read that report? It clearly talks about total number of tourists. There is no seperate figure for foreign tourists.

Chicken gravy dishes (Tikka masala, butter chicken, chicken lahore - the list is long!) are my favouries among Pakistani and Indian cuisine, I can't tell which country it belongs to (it must be a big debate?).

Anyways, it's meat-based-dishes so that must be Pakistani? :)

Most of these dishes I believe were invented during the Mughal Dynasty who also happen to Turkic:)

What you are talking about is Dalia. That is made for sick people with very little spice. Khichdi/Pulao is different from Dalia and contains lots of herbs and spices.

Nah im talking about khichdi.. the rice with lentils.. its for sick people.

Yes, I enjoy my veg dishes a lot. There is no alternative for daal, sabzi, Rice/Chapati. My favorite is Rajma Rice, not sure if you have tried but it is pure bliss. Just thinking about is watering my mouth. Too bad I am living alone, far from my family :'( and no one cooks Rajma Rice better than my mom does

my favourite is also Rajma dhal with white rice and its an institution in our family on saturday evening
yet we call it moti di dhaal and i always add hot milk to the rice and pour the dhaal on top .

indian-dish-rajma-served-chawal-rice-30006400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom