What's new

These 22 Old Magazine Photos Reveal How Iranian Women Dressed In The 1970s

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Take a look at what fashion in Iran was like before the Islamic Revolution of 1979. These old magazine photos show how women of that time enjoyed a modern, Western-oriented approach when it came to fashion. Enjoy!

upload_2016-2-12_14-37-2.png

iran-women-70s-3.jpg

iran-women-70s-1.jpg

iran-women-70s-13.jpg

iran-women-70s-14.jpg

iran-women-70s-15.jpg

At one time they were super power, modern country ahead of every muslim world in every field......gone those they......

No, but its freedom of female gender in every terms, tells the nation is going forward or backward......

But even today Iran is better than other muslim country, true representative of muslim world
Iran would have done much much better if it was not blasted with sanctions for decades -
And to reiterate what i said earlier it, has nothing to do with iranian woman half naked or fully covered - the amount of cloth or lack of it on a women body tells nothing about a nation going forward or backward -

Magazines donot reflect what most women wear

@SOHEIL khe he he
Too bad @2800 got banned again

My understanding is that the Iranian elite during the Shah period were highly westernized whereas the masses retained their old cultural beliefs. WIth the overthrow of the Shah this elite fled the nation (to countries such as Sweden), which is why the Iranian diaspora in Sweden is very westernised whereas those Iranians that I have met from Iran itself are more traditional.

My understanding is that the Iranian elite during the Shah period were highly westernized whereas the masses retained their old cultural beliefs. WIth the overthrow of the Shah this elite fled the nation (to countries such as Sweden), which is why the Iranian diaspora in Sweden is very westernised whereas those Iranians that I have met from Iran itself are more traditional.
Google rich kids of Tehran
@2800 told me about this insta account :D

Bachon ki no entry :nono:
@Kashmiri Pandit
Lagta hay apkay parents ko shikayat karna paray gi

Take a look at what fashion in Iran was like before the Islamic Revolution of 1979. These old magazine photos show how women of that time enjoyed a modern, Western-oriented approach when it came to fashion. Enjoy!

View attachment 293194

iran-women-70s-3.jpg

iran-women-70s-1.jpg

iran-women-70s-13.jpg

iran-women-70s-14.jpg

iran-women-70s-15.jpg

€if there were no Arabic/farsi writing in this picture it would hard to believe this were Iranian Muslim woman .
This proved how shameless woman were before Islamic revolution . Its good to see Islamic revolution has made the Iranian muslims follow Islamic life . though still there are may be deficiency but whatever Iran achieve is worth praising .

Back
Top Bottom