What's new

The 'worst ever' mutant from South Africa: UK Banning Travel from some African Countries

Meengla

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Here we go again. The new variant is likely to be called 'Nu' and is supposed to be the worst ever variant and is being reported as highly transmissible. South Africans are not happy over the UK travel ban: We did due diligence and reported to the world but facing the travel ban.

This winter was already expected to be where a new wave (possibly deadliest overall, if you look at the waves from the 1918 flu) was seen. Sadly, this new variant seems to be right on time, as people lower their guard. :(

1637903794363.jpeg

Last edited:
When will this nightmare end

Never really, it will become endemic. Greater care towards public sanitation, and other means to reduce transmission of all publicly communicable diseases should be done to mitigate from the risk of more waves in the years to come. New variants will emerge if enough people stay sick enough for mutations to occur that get transmitted and spread. More investment needs to be done on public health if we are to prevent (or mitigate against) another disruptive pandemic from happening again any time soon.

they can charge twice money sir . or lets say i am ready to pay them for 10 shots and they come back to me after 5 years . :partay:

That won't work. Pharmas also need to show that they are saving the people of the planet every 6 months.

There will never be an end to these variants, waves and booster shots.

Stay safe, stay at home, never hug anyone again, don't even shake hands, save lives :argh::blah::argh::blah:.. what a bunch of BS this whole covid thing is.

There will never be an end to these variants, waves and booster shots.

Stay safe, stay at home, never hug anyone again, don't even shake hands, save lives :argh::blah::argh::blah:.. what a bunch of BS this whole covid thing is.

The way to beat this virus is to attend super spreader events, get infected and attain life long immunity.

The way to beat this virus is to attend super spreader events, get infected and attain life long immunity.

I don't know if you were serious or not but I agree with you!! Natural Immunity is the best immunity regardless of the propaganda against that; I have been bookmarking videos and scientific studies for months about the effectiveness of the Natural Immunity. My own job is at stake in January if I don't vaccinate but I am willing to sacrifice that. I am already carrying a 'High Titer' of Covid antibodies since Feb. 2021 and can't risk an immune backlash.

So looks like some other countries are also banning travel from South Africa:

Countries move to cut air links with southern Africa amid news of virulent new coronavirus variant

LONDON — As alarm over a new, possibly more infectious coronavirus variant spread through the world, France, Britain, Japan and Israel began to ban or order quarantines for air passengers arriving from the southern African region.

Susan Hopkins, the chief medical adviser to the U.K. Health and Security Agency, warned that the new variant found in southern Africa is the “most worrying we’ve seen.”
The European Union is expected to also propose a ban on air travel arriving from the southern Africa. European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced the proposal on Twitter Friday morning and said she is coordinating with the bloc’s 27 member states.

Britain acted quickly to shut down direct flights, even as the World Health Organization (WHO) warned that these travel bans may be premature.

Israel on imposed a travel ban covering most of Africa after the detection of the new variant, according to Reuters. “We are currently on the verge of a state of emergency,” Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said.
“Our view is very clear,” Dana Spinant, deputy chief spokeswoman for the European Commission said at a news conference Friday. “We need to act very fast, we need to be vigilant, and we need to take all measures that are appropriate at this stage to prevent this virus from entering Europe.”
‘We let our guard down’: Frustrated Europe heads into second pandemic winter
On Thursday, top South African health officials held a news conference announcing the discovery of the more contagious variant, saying they began researching the possibility of a new mutation when they discovered a fast-growing cluster of cases in Gauteng, the country’s biggest province.

Officials say they are still trying to determine the origins of the variant — which is known as B.1.1.529 — and that other cases have been discovered in Botswana and Hong Kong.

Back
Top Bottom